Warning for those about to make ADRs at 180+10 days with DVC reservation

I've heard some DVCers have booked a resort room reservation just to make their ADRs. Is this the only work around available?

Ridiculous but I will do this if I need to. So once I make the resort room reservation and cancel it, will I lose my ADR's? TIA.

For me it was the stupid website not the dates. My dates all opened but the website wouldn't work so I had to call. Wouldn't calling be easier than booking a room?

For me it was the stupid website not the dates. My dates all opened but the website wouldn't work so I had to call. Wouldn't calling be easier than booking a room?

Of course it would. Not everyone has this problem, so I am not convinced it is a system wide situation. I never have problems booking 180+10 with my DVC reservation.

I had the exact same problem. After an hour of trying I just called and had every reservation done in 20 minutes.

I had the same issues but with my work schedule I didn't have the ability to call. So every morning I had to boom every morning. I hope I don't have issues with fp+

How long has this been an issue? If MS is aware then why don't they fix this so DVC is on an equal field with the regular guests.

I had this issue with last summer's reservation too... so it's not a newer issue - it's been there since ever since they said we could book FP+.

We are on an equal field as the regular guests, We just need to call <insert exasperated scream>. The real issue lies in IT, out of MS hands, and unfortunately they just laid off around 500 IT folks so we shouldn't expect these and other issues with the system to be resolved any time soon. For that they'll need developers well seasoned in how they systems all function together and I believe the few remaining developers who qualify will be busy baby sitting new off shore staff.

I encountered the same problem on Friday. MDE wouldn't let me book my ADRs past the 180 day mark. I called MS and booked my ADRs through them. We have a split stay with a 2 day gap in between (staying with DWs family for 2 days) One benefit of calling was the CM booked all the ADRs for the entire trip. We got everything we wanted within 20 minutes of our desired time, including what I would consider one of the hottest ADRs right now. It is frustrating. Does anyone know if this is a DVC ADR problem or a site wide MDE problem?

I had this problem booking yesterday. It only let me book the first day of the trip. For the remaining days, it would show available times, but I got an error message after I clicked on the time to book. I slowly watched the times I wanted disappear...

I called at 7am and was able to get everything I wanted, times and all. The rep said the system isn't recognizing DVC reservation numbers, and that it's a common problem.

We are doing a split stay between club level and our DVC. Will I be able to make all 7 days of our trip with the club level reservation number? As in, does the 180 + 10 work even if you only book one night??

I encountered the same problem on Friday. MDE wouldn't let me book my ADRs past the 180 day mark. I called MS and booked my ADRs through them. We have a split stay with a 2 day gap in between (staying with DWs family for 2 days) One benefit of calling was the CM booked all the ADRs for the entire trip. We got everything we wanted within 20 minutes of our desired time, including what I would consider one of the hottest ADRs right now. It is frustrating. Does anyone know if this is a DVC ADR problem or a site wide MDE problem?

glad it worked out for you. filing that hint away. we often have back to back reservations but different numbers since booked with different member ids/contracts. Certainly worth a shot, thanks!

add me to the list who hasn't been able to book more than the 1st day of dining for a DVC reservation. If it was of importance to DVC it would've been fixed by now.

since some have indicated they don't have this same issues most of us seem to encounter, wonder if it might have something to do with how the reservation is originally booked (internet or CM):magnify:. I tend to book online btw.

We are doing a split stay between club level and our DVC. Will I be able to make all 7 days of our trip with the club level reservation number? As in, does the 180 + 10 work even if you only book one night??

not that I am aware

glad it worked out for you. filing that hint away. we often have back to back reservations but different numbers since booked with different member ids/contracts. Certainly worth a shot, thanks!
Keep in mind YMMV... but I had to call 2 separate times and both CMs were able to book past my first 2 night reservation. :teleport:
since some have indicated they don't have this same issues most of us seem to encounter, wonder if it might have something to do with how the reservation is originally booked (internet or CM):magnify:. I tend to book online btw.
My DVC reservations were booked online. :surfweb:

I don't believe you can but considering how inconsistent policy is, you never know. :confused3:goodvibes

signed on today for my 180 plus 10 and i only could make a reservation for the 180 not any other days. so annoying my vacation was highlighted in the calendar but no dice now i have to call at 7am.....so doubting we will be getting BOG at a reasonable time. lucky we got in last time.....how hard is it to fix this?

For what it's worth, neither my cash reservation ( not through DVC) nor my DVC points reservation would allow more than one day at a time, so I don't believe that it's just a DVC it problem. Very frustrating!

called right at 7am and i got my week all squared away....ended up getting BOG at 5:15 on the last day a friday so all and all mission accomplished....just annoying

signed on today for my 180 plus 10 and i only could make a reservation for the 180 not any other days. so annoying my vacation was highlighted in the calendar but no dice now i have to call at 7am.....so doubting we will be getting BOG at a reasonable time. lucky we got in last time.....how hard is it to fix this?

That's the bugger to me. Our trips are highlighted, which means the system does recognize us as being on site guests for the entire stay. But whomever coded the part that books the reservation is used a different set of dates. To fix it they need to dig up that piece of code and swap in the right dates, then test the heck out of it to be sure they didn't mess anyone else up.

I just think we're not a priority on this. Seems odd that they're charging so much for Poly points knowing stuff like this exists in the system. They're probably selling it as a 'feature' :) ("... and you get one on one interaction with a cast member when booking reservations")

Still happening. I have a triple split stay (no gaps) from August 23 - September 4. The system only recognizes the first reservation.
DVC member service was no help. The 3 CMs I spoke to at the ADR call centre were no help. Their advice was to call back every day.

Still happening. I have a triple split stay (no gaps) from August 23 - September 4. The system only recognizes the first reservation.
DVC member service was no help. The 3 CMs I spoke to at the ADR call centre were no help. Their advice was to call back every day.

Ugh, we have a split stay starting September 3, I was really hoping this would just disappear before then. Did the system give you access to the full span of your first reservation? Or just day 1 of stay 1?

Ugh, we have a split stay starting September 3, I was really hoping this would just disappear before then. Did the system give you access to the full span of your first reservation? Or just day 1 of stay 1?

The full span of the first reservation, unfortunately it is only 2 days long.
We are 2 days at poly, then 5 at old key west, then 5 at beach club. Tomorrow I think I will be able to use the old key west reservation to book a few more ADRs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter