Warning for those about to make ADRs at 180+10 days with DVC reservation

Have you all that have had issues have your reservation linked in the my disney experience page? I always have to manually link it, it does not do it on it's own from the member site for me. I had no problems with our October trip last year.

Have you all that have had issues have your reservation linked in the my disney experience page? I always have to manually link it, it does not do it on it's own from the member site for me. I had no problems with our October trip last year.

My reservation is linked and shows up in MDE. Hope they get this worked out soon.

How are you able to book FP+ at 70 days? The system never let me do it before 60 days and I have had my DVC reservation linked to MDE.

How are you able to book FP+ at 70 days? The system never let me do it before 60 days and I have had my DVC reservation linked to MDE.

It's not 70 days, its 60 days but you can make them for your entire trip on day 60 (or however many days you have tickets for) so that's what people mean by 60+10.

It's not 70 days, its 60 days but you can make them for your entire trip on day 60 (or however many days you have tickets for) so that's what people mean by 60+10.

Okay, I thought this was something different for DVC. We traveled with family twice last year (they aren't dvc) and they were able to book FP+ for their whole stay the first night too. Thanks

Yes, my reservations were linked. It is a glitch. Believe me, I am an experienced WDW, MDE., etc. user. To those of you that haven't had it happen to them be thankful. It is a pain!:headache:

New soon to be DVC member...so we get to make our ADR's 180 + 10 ...Does that mean really we can book 190 days out? If so WOW WOW WOW another added benefit of DVC...now to figure out a discount ticket.

New soon to be DVC member...so we get to make our ADR's 180 + 10 ...Does that mean really we can book 190 days out? If so WOW WOW WOW another added benefit of DVC...now to figure out a discount ticket.

You can start booking ADR's at 180 days prior to arrival, just like everyone else staying on property. The +10 means that you can also book the 10 days following your day of arrival, which is the same as everyone staying on property. Only, for DVC members staying on points, this booking advantage has not worked in quite some time. We are always ready to book all days of our stay at the 180 mark online and it has not worked for our upcoming July stay, or for our stays in December and October of 2014. It is quite frustrating because it is difficult to get ideal times for places like BOG. You can call WDW-DINE or member services and they can override the system, but it is much easier to select specific times online rather than having to count on a CM on the phone to find the times that you want.

You can start booking ADR's at 180 days prior to arrival, just like everyone else staying on property. The +10 means that you can also book the 10 days following your day of arrival, which is the same as everyone staying on property. Only, for DVC members staying on points, this booking advantage has not worked in quite some time. We are always ready to book all days of our stay at the 180 mark online and it has not worked for our upcoming July stay, or for our stays in December and October of 2014. It is quite frustrating because it is difficult to get ideal times for places like BOG. You can call WDW-DINE or member services and they can override the system, but it is much easier to select specific times online rather than having to count on a CM on the phone to find the times that you want.
Thank you !

I'm at BLT right now, and am a DVC owner staying on points.
This is a split stay with a 3 day gap between DVC reservations, to visit friends in Florida.

I was able to book ADR 180 days plus the length of each reservation.
The online booking site is glitchy, to put it kindly. The extended booking window (the plus) only worked. when using the multiple restaurant search. The dedicated page for Be Our Guest would only allow booking up to exactly 180 days, but searching all MK (with other filters: table service, price, time...) restaurants would show available reservations (which could be directly selected).

I'm at BLT right now, and am a DVC owner staying on points.
This is a split stay with a 3 day gap between DVC reservations, to visit friends in Florida.

I was able to book ADR 180 days plus the length of each reservation.
The online booking site is glitchy, to put it kindly. The extended booking window (the plus) only worked. when using the multiple restaurant search. The dedicated page for Be Our Guest would only allow booking up to exactly 180 days, but searching all MK (with other filters: table service, price, time...) restaurants would show available reservations (which could be directly selected).

Interesting, thanks, I'm going to try this when our 180 comes up in a few weeks. Much prefer to try to do it online.

Wow, this sounds extremely frustrating, as I don't think I've encountered this in the past... But I know, with some hard to get ADR's this could really make things even harder to snag...
Such as T-Rex, BOG, CG, Le Cellier:confused3

I was not able to book my + days online for either leg of a split stay and I had to call. I could only book reservations within 180 days online. It would let me search for those days and return the available times but it would not let me complete the reservation. I e-mailed a complaint to member services and they did not respond.

It didn't work for me either on my 180 day for out upcoming April trip. I woke up early to make the ADRs and saw BOG slip away because the site wasn't working. By the time the phone lines opened BOG was gone :(

I can see all my days that I can book ,but every time I click something to book it tells me it cannot complete at this time.

Absolutely astounding that this issue has been going on for so long and has yet to be fixed. <sarcafont> Good to see our member services so actively addressing the needs of its membership </sarcafont>

How long has this been an issue? If MS is aware then why don't they fix this so DVC is on an equal field with the regular guests.

I've heard some DVCers have booked a resort room reservation just to make their ADRs. Is this the only work around available?

So I arrive August 22nd your all saying on February 22nd I won't be able to make my weeks worth of vacation????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter