Warning for those about to make ADRs at 180+10 days with DVC reservation

kangaroodle

DVC Member
Apparently the dining reservation system is not recognizing DVC reservations and is not letting you book on-line at 180+10 days. After encountering this problem this morning (as I sit and wait the 1 hour to call), I did a little searching on the dining reservation forum. It seems like everyone with DVC reservations is encountering this problem! VERY FRUSTRATING!!! :furious:

Yep, we arrive 6/30th and so I tried making reservations back nearly a month ago and encountered the same problem.

I had to sign in every day and make a dining reservation for each day of our vacation.

I'm surprised this problem isn't fixed yet. :confused3

Maybe it's a temporary glitch?
I made reservations last year for my stay this January (2 weekds ago) and I had no problem to book 180+10. Hope they fix it soon.

I had no problems with my January trip. But our April trip I had the problem. So I called and they did all my ressies for me

Yep. Happened to me last month and get this....my 180th day out was CHRISTMAS MORNING. :santa:

I was up bright and early at 6am, hoping to get all my ADRs completed before the kids were up.

The system would not let me book more than the first day. :headache: I ended up having to wait & call in at 7am.

I also had this problem for my June trip. I would have thought it would be fixed by now. It was quite frustrating to have to log in everyday. I could have called but I much prefer doing it all online.

Apparently the dining reservation system is not recognizing DVC reservations and is not letting you book on-line at 180+10 days. After encountering this problem this morning (as I sit and wait the 1 hour to call), I did a little searching on the dining reservation forum. It seems like everyone with DVC reservations is encountering this problem! VERY FRUSTRATING!!! :furious:

Were you logged into mde when you made the adr? This happened to me in Nov but if I logged into MDE before making the adr it allowed me to book for the full 7 days of our trip.

Were you logged into mde when you made the adr? This happened to me in Nov but if I logged into MDE before making the adr it allowed me to book for the full 7 days of our trip.

I know I'm not the OP, but thought I'd chime in here....I was definitely logged into MDE & it still would not recognize my resort reservation & allow me to book.

I was also logged in. In fact, I logged out and back in several times to see if that would work. It didn't.

wow i was just going to post about this and ask my 6th month window in in 3 weeks and i was wondering about the 6 plus 10 for DVC so it does not look good....i really dont want to call

Yes, I was logged into MDE. I tried through Chrome, IE and on my phone. I too tried logging in and out to see if that helped. Got nothing. Had to wait an hour and call. :hourglass Pretty much got what I wanted. Except Le Cellier only had dinner at 8:30 at night (skipped that one) and Be Our Guest only had 4:30pm with separate seating (party of 10). I took that! (CM told me to arrive early, explain the problem, and they could probably seat me all together......)

All in all, making ADRs was less than magical!

It hasn't worked for a long time. Dídnt work for me back in October when I made my adrs for my May trip. They just don't seem to want to fix this. Every time I've mentioned this to MS they act like I'm the only one who's ever mentioned it. I made my last ones daily losing the perk. The long waits on the phone is a pain. Now you know why the phones are tied up in addition to fixing magic bands issues or other technical issues.

It hasn't worked for a long time. Dídnt work for me back in October when I made my adrs for my May trip. They just don't seem to want to fix this. Every time I've mentioned this to MS they act like I'm the only one who's ever mentioned it. I made my last ones daily losing the perk. The long waits on the phone is a pain. Now you know why the phones are tied up in addition to fixing magic bands issues or other technical issues.

I wonder how long this has been an issue. When I made my February and December reservations I had no issues with the 180 +10. Both are busy times (New Years and presidents/Princess half marathon week) so I was making reservations right at 180 days. February is even a BWV/BCV split stay, and I had no issues, which I found surprising, thought I'd have to wait for the second half of the split stay but I didn't.

Hopefully they fix it soon.

Oddly I never have this problem.

I have booked all our DVC reservations ADRs at 180+10 without any problems.

I wasn't able to do mine for the summer either; ended up waiting until 7am and called. It took a substantially longer time to make them but got everything I wanted.

Last April I was able to book for this past October without any trouble. However, this past October I could not book past our check-in day for this coming May. Frustrating.

I had this problem when trying to book on December 27th for our trip with a 6/25 check-in date. Any idea if this 'glitch' could impact 60+10 FP+ reservations?

I have had this problem for our last 3-4 trips, DVC (point rental) AND non-DVC so I think it's a pretty common glitch. There really is no excuse for it to have continued this long...I'm pretty sure we had this problem for our Sept 2012 trip so that's a long time!

I had this problem when trying to book on December 27th for our trip with a 6/25 check-in date. Any idea if this 'glitch' could impact 60+10 FP+ reservations?

I have this concern too, so I asked about it when I was on the phone with tech support. The person said that they are aware of a general problem with ADRs, but they are not aware of this having any effect on fast pass selections at 60 days. I don't really know if that puts my mind at ease, but that is what I was told.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter