• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wait Times 400mins!!!

It's well known that Disney inflates the posted wait times. But even 200 minutes would be over my limit. We're willing to wait an hour, max, for a new ride or an E Ticket.

Usually 20-25 minutes. For a newer ride 90 minutes and for a favorite ride during a popular time 40-45 minutes.

My tolerance for waiting has dropped over the years. When I was a boy, my friends and I accepted the fact that going to Disneyland meant spending most of the day in lines. So you're going to hang out together anyway and the top tier attractions were always going to be 45-90 minutes in the middle of the day. 30 minutes would be considered a "good" wait time. There was no questioning of that reality. Plus, you were with friends anyway.

Now, I'm used to knowing more tips/tricks. And we've been often enough that the "cost" of waiting in line is less worth the payout. And I guess FastPass has reduced our patience for queues over time. But being with good friends (especially ones who aren't just on their phone the whole time) still makes a longer wait more tolerable.

I'm going to WDW this September for the first time in 9 years. With that said, I refuse to wait in any line that has more than an hour wait time posted. I might be able to be talked into 90 minutes by my son for FoP since it's new, but it's highly unlikely that he would even ask because he's as bad as I am. I'm spending too much money to be standing in line, there are plenty of other things to do. I don't care if it was opening day or not, those people were nuts.

I once waited 13 hours to be up front on the floor at a U2 concert...

I'd wait 5 minutes for Fern Gully with Aliens.

This made me smile. I'm old and from the days before everything was online.

Stuff I've waited for
-LSU football tickets for the hubster (overnight)
-A spot at the "good" summer camp (24ish hours)
-Ninja Turtles, Live on Stage!, the "new" Star Wars movie, opening of the Coach store on Black Friday, front row at the dance, music, whatever recital (a long, long, long looooong time)

Having kids was fun in the '90s.

Just looked at the wait times at for FOP it says 150 minutes and for Na'vi it is 65 minutes. For most popular rides I'd be willing to wait up to 45 minutes, but for new attractions like these I be willing to double that to 90 minutes.

Wow...that sounds wrong. But I'd believe anything nowadays. But yeah, my tops is around 60 minutes and even that is pushing it. Once, we waited 2 1/2 hours at Peter Pan, because we were with some friends of ours during Spring Break and they'd never been to Disney before. Won't do that again, definitely not 400 minutes. Still can't believe it could ever be that long!

20 mins for an average ride; maybe up to 45 for a new/good ride. We used paper FP galore back in the day, and then SDFP+ on our last two trips, so we've never waited more than that. Ever. And we won't.

We have a trip coming up in October, and with these changes to FP+, I'm really worried about how our trip will go. If we end up having to wait in massive lines the entire time, I know for a fact that I won't be able to convince my husband to book another trip. We've been as a family every year since 2007 (and lots of times as a kid before that), so that makes me sad. :(

So, for the line to hit 400 minutes, how many people decided to get in line with the sign saying 300 minutes? o_O

IMG_1966.PNG [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

I took a screenshot this morning at 9:40 CST. There is no way I'd get in that line.

If I really loved avatar, I'd probably wait an hour.
But since I really would just want to see it since it's a new Disney attraction, I'd give it 30 minutes or so.
I'll bet the rest of the land is cool to look at though!

With wait times showing as much as 400 minutes for Flight of Passgae on the MDE app. I was curious as to what peoples limit was on wait times and what rides they would be prepared to wait a significant amount of time for?

30 minutes tops.

We rode Flight twice with fastpasses and the boat ride at RD with about a 20 minute wait.

Anything longer is just poor planning.

I hate lines and I won't get in any line over 30 mins 99% of the time. That being said we are at Disney now and planned our trip 10 days ago thus no luck on FoP FP. I did go to AK last night at 11ish after the kids went to sleep to ride FoP. Wait was 75 mins, but I just listened to a podcast and it really was not that bad of a wait.

30 minutes is my limit.

We were about to ride both Pandora rides a few days ago (on fastpass). After experiencing them, I wouldn't recommend waiting more than 10-15 minutes for the Navi boat ride and maybe 20 tops for the banshee flight.

Very cool design of the area though.

If I had an AP or was able to go all the time, an hour would probably be my limit. I once lived near Kings Island and on busy days it was not uncommon to wait an hour or so for the Beast. It stinks to be in line for an hour when I consider the uncrowded days when you could walk right up and get on!

The longest I've ever waited for a ride was probably 3 hours at Cedar Point for Millennium Force or Top Thrill Dragster. The lines there are ALWAYS long, though, so if you pay to get in and you set your limit for 30 minutes, you'll get to ride the Ferris wheel and that's about it.

At Disney, though, my limit will probably be about 90 minutes. It's too expensive to miss out on headliner attractions, but also too expensive to spend the entire trip in line for FoP or FEA, lol.

We are so spoilt at Disney. We go to Cedar Point too and even with all my tricks, it's inevitable that we will wait in at least one 60-90 min line. When my DD goes with her youth group and cannot control the touring plan, pretty much every ride is a 30-120 min line.

We sure miss FPs when we go to non-Disney parks! My kids love that we rarely wait in lines at Disney :)

For Pandora, the waits would have to be 20-30 minutes for me to wait. I did River Journey yesterday and visually it was stunning, but quite boring. i have not seen, nor do I have interest in seeing, Avator. So, that could be the problem. A year or two from now, the waits would have to be less than 15 minutes for me to consider River Journey as a standby.
I agree with your assessment of River Journey. However, it's still new so I would be willing to wait up to an hour for it. Then again, I usually go at busy times so 60 minutes is a usual wait.

We are so spoilt at Disney. We go to Cedar Point too and even with all my tricks, it's inevitable that we will wait in at least one 60-90 min line. When my DD goes with her youth group and cannot control the touring plan, pretty much every ride is a 30-120 min line.

We sure miss FPs when we go to non-Disney parks! My kids love that we rarely wait in lines at Disney :)

I went to Cedar Point close to 10 years ago and they offered a pretty ancient style of FP,you could stamp each of your hands with a return time for one of the more popular coasters.I thought it worked well,if you could avoid the wait for the coasters that had 1-2 hour waits most every other one was 30 minutes and under,leaving you to make maybe one more wait of over 30 minutes.My longest wait at Disney was 3.5 hours for Splash Mountain on NYE.My question is with everyone at AK for Pandora how are wait times for Frozen at Epcot or Seven Dwarves at MK,there must be some sort of drop??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter