VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Update: I was told that I'm not out of the running. The person told my friend that he's looking for someone with "broader" experience. It's ridiculous really. I have a broad experience doing the kind of things they want. I'm shaking my head at that statement. But like I said, I'm not out of the running. Maybe he's looking for someone with infinite experience. Good luck finding that person.

Update: I was told that I'm not out of the running. The person told my friend that he's looking for someone with "broader" experience. It's ridiculous really. I have a broad experience doing the kind of things they want. I'm shaking my head at that statement. But like I said, I'm not out of the running. Maybe he's looking for someone with infinite experience. Good luck finding that person.

I wish you luck WD! I really feel it's disrespectful to the applicant how companies will leave them hanging without any info. They are too self absorbed and busy with their own activities to stop and realize that their interactions impact others.

Happy Monday morning Groupies!

Welcome back Julie! I'm waiting with eager anticipation to hear about your trip. Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks Di. I did just start my TR on the other site. I can send you a link via FB if you need it. I know you're not on that site & I can't post the link here. I hate talking in code.

So glad that your trip was so over-the-top fantastic! Sometimes a return trip to a place you've enjoyed can be a bit disappointing but it sounds like this one just got better and better! I hope you're feeling well soon.

It's not clear from the announcement if there is a "no bag" line on the East side (nearest BLT) entry area. I have to think that there is, so I'll put down a 97% sure that there will be a no bag pass through area. Keep in mind that there are still metal detectors to get through for everyone (bags or no bags) so I anticipate that will become the new bottleneck.

Thanks Granny.

So yes if anyone is interested in my New Zealand trip I started a trip report on another board. I know some of you are members there. It's the one with purple in the banner & references owners. If you're FB friends with me & you're not sure what the heck I'm talking about but would like to check it out PM me & I'll send you a link. Hopefully those that aren't friends with me but are interested can figure it out.

I wish you luck WD! I really feel it's disrespectful to the applicant how companies will leave them hanging without any info. They are too self absorbed and busy with their own activities to stop and realize that their interactions impact others.

Hi Twinkle,

I am in HR, and trust me, I certainly am busy, but not self absorbed, so I realize people are waiting for updates. I try to keep candidates in the loop, but it becomes quite difficult when you have numerous open positions and many candidates. It's often the hiring managers who hold up the process. As soon as a decision is made I contact candidates. I am aware that some companies do not have the courtesy to do so which is a shame, and, in my opinion unacceptable.

Hi Twinkle,

I am in HR, and trust me, I certainly am busy, but not self absorbed, so I realize people are waiting for updates. I try to keep candidates in the loop, but it becomes quite difficult when you have numerous open positions and many candidates. It's often the hiring managers who hold up the process. As soon as a decision is made I contact candidates. I am aware that some companies do not have the courtesy to do so which is a shame, and, in my opinion unacceptable.
I'm sorry if you took this as an attack on you Corinne, my apologies. :flower3: This thread is neither the place for such things nor a place where one should feel the need to defend themselves. What I was saying was there are some, not all, companies out there who intentionally lead candidates on for a month or more with no feedback. I've seen it happen far too often and it is disrespectful to keep telling someone that they are among the top candidates and leave it to them to dig for info for 6 weeks or so only to find out they had been written off (typically a "we hired from within" response).

No offense meant.

Twink...as someone who was laid off and applying for jobs for several years, I can certainly understand the frustration you mention. It is especially frustrating when you interview and never hear back from a company, though I must say that was rare in my case.

Corinne...I also worked for many years at a large corporation and was a hiring manager. So I worked closely with Human Resources personnel on many occasions when I had jobs that needed filling. I understand that sometimes things just take a while to work through. First, the job has to be posted for a certain length of time. Then lining up the various candidates for interviews can take weeks all by itself. And you really can't make a decision until you've talked to all the interview candidates. Then, worst of all, it can take some time for senior management to approve the selection. Lastly is the phase where an offer package is put together and the job is offered to someone. That person may have questions or concerns that take time to respond too. All this can easily add up to months.

In the meantime, the people who interviewed wonder what the heck is going on. Nobody can be contacted until the job is filled since, naturally, one of them will be offered the job if the first candidate turns the job down. So the whole process can take quite a while, and there is no ill will or malice from anyone. It's just the nature of some companies, and I'd venture to guess that the larger ones take longer to work through the bureaucracy.

WD...I hope that things work out for you. I know you have a backup plan in case you don't get the job, but I really am pulling for you to get something that you think will be a great fit for you and your company.

Hi Twinkle,

I truly did not feel attacked whatsoever! Sorry if I sounded offended, trust me, I get it, and that is why I always try to keep candidates in the loop! :)

Hey Folks!!
94 days and counting till we we are in WDW!!
And Thurs, we are headed to Aulani, cannot wait:yay:This will be our 1st trip to Hawaii. I love DVC in that it affords us the opportunity to go on some great trips that otherwise may not come to fruition. Life is good, indeed:cloud9:

Jimmy...can't wait to hear your impressions of Aulani. I don't know that we'll ever make that trip, so we'll live vicariously through those who do! I hope you have an absolutely wonderful time...I suspect that you will! And I like your WDW countdown since it is so similar to our own! Have a great trip and Godspeed. :)

Hey Folks!!
94 days and counting till we we are in WDW!!
And Thurs, we are headed to Aulani, cannot wait:yay:This will be our 1st trip to Hawaii. I love DVC in that it affords us the opportunity to go on some great trips that otherwise may not come to fruition. Life is good, indeed:cloud9:

Can't wait to hear about your Hawaii trip Jimmy!

KAT, thanks in bunches for all your help and advise in helping us prepare for this trip. You and Cheer4Bison have given us some great info over the last few months in helping us get ready! One more question, room views? We have a one bedroom ocean view, anything in particular we should ask for?

JT we're at 96 days. See you in December :)
Enjoy Aulani! Beautiful magnificent place. You won't want to come home. A lot has changed since DDad and I were there. Someday I'll return for a nice l-o-n-g stay. Make sure you enjoy the almond croissant with your coffee. And buy the refillable mug - you'll be drinking coffee all day long. Best coffee I've ever enjoyed. Ahh the memory.....

Princess - have a great trip! Come back and tell us all about it. I hope the rains have subsided for your trip.

Corinne your 3 weeks will go by pretty quickly. Oh the anticipation.....

Happy Labor Day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter