VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

MUUSHKA!
Do you have any pre-teens in your group? The new Under The Sea-Journey of the Little Mermaid in Fantasyland might be a nice addition. It very much resembles Nemo at Epcot.

So nice to see you!

Muush...I am not the FP expert, but my recollection is that you can make FP at 60 days prior to a trip and that would be for an entire trip. The only caveat is that you have to have tickets purchased for each person that will be getting a FP. And you have to set up the My Disney Experience to add your resort reservation number, and all guests and ticket numbers.

We all have our tickets and are set up on the Experience (ticket numbers and all). I think we're getting the hang of this!
I'm pretty sure we will upgrade to hoppers once we get there. Thanks Granny.
One of these days we're going to meet you and Mrs. Granny.

Muush, so glad to see you on the board, miss you and I hope you enjoy your visit with the family.

My darling daughter Kati is my best WDW companion. We have two trips scheduled in Dec and May and are counting the days for both. We hope to see some of the groupies in Dec before the big meet since we leave on the 10th.

Hi 2Kats :wave: good to see you too! We're doing well, thank you.
I remember Kati, she is a sweetie. Tell her hello for me.

MUUSHKA!
Do you have any pre-teens in your group? The new Under The Sea-Journey of the Little Mermaid in Fantasyland might be a nice addition. It very much resembles Nemo at Epcot.

So nice to see you!
Diane! Hello! It's like old home week!

Yes, 2 of the 3 girls are twins and they are 12, that's as close to pre-teen as you can get.
I'll let them know about Little Mermaid, I'll put it on my list now. Thank you!

PS One of my magazines has an article about Mount Dora, can't wait to read it. Any more thoughts about the area?

We all have our tickets and are set up on the Experience (ticket numbers and all). I think we're getting the hang of this!
I'm pretty sure we will upgrade to hoppers once we get there. Thanks Granny.
One of these days we're going to meet you and Mrs. Granny.

It would be awesome to meet you and Mr. Muush in person. :) We generally have been doing a Spring trip and an Autumn trip though this year we pushed the Autumn trip back to December. Hopefully we can overlap trips at some point. We are still keeping up the vacation schedules on page 1 of this thread if you ever want to see who will be there when you're going. Enjoy your planning and have a great trip!

Groupies, I need some help. My brain is not working at this time of night.

I'm looking to do a transfer of points. I need some extras for my May 2017 trip.

I found the correct number from another member. She has April 2016 points. She said she called MS and they told her that I could use those for May 2017 trip by banking them and then making the reservation. Does that sound correct? So technically those points will become April 2017 and can be used in May 2017 right?

It's been a while since I've done this and I'm not processing it correct today.

Now that I type it all out it seems to make more sense. LOL, plus I'm in almost vacation mode as our September trip is only 29 days away!

Nicole

PS - hi to Muush! I don't get to the group much anymore either.

Groupies, I need some help. My brain is not working at this time of night.

I'm looking to do a transfer of points. I need some extras for my May 2017 trip.

I found the correct number from another member. She has April 2016 points. She said she called MS and they told her that I could use those for May 2017 trip by banking them and then making the reservation. Does that sound correct? So technically those points will become April 2017 and can be used in May 2017 right?

It's been a while since I've done this and I'm not processing it correct today.

Now that I type it all out it seems to make more sense. LOL, plus I'm in almost vacation mode as our September trip is only 29 days away!

Nicole

PS - hi to Muush! I don't get to the group much anymore either.

Yep, that's correct Nicoal! April 2016 points can be banked into the 2017 UY and would then be available for stays from April 1, 2017-March 31, 2018. You won't be able to see the points online and will have to call MS in order to make reservations with them or to bank them.

And a second Groupie celebration today.......
:rose:Happy Anniversary gabriellyn!:rose:
Best wishes on your 11th Anniversary!

So it's Captain D's birthday!? Wishing you the Happiest of Birthdays! Use the weekend to celebrate.
Happy Birthday Casey! :cake::bday:

Great, thanks! I just needed to have someone else say it. Should be easy, but my brain was slow last night.

Yep, that's correct Nicoal! April 2016 points can be banked into the 2017 UY and would then be available for stays from April 1, 2017-March 31, 2018. You won't be able to see the points online and will have to call MS in order to make reservations with them or to bank them.

:bday: Happy Birthday Cap'n D !!! :bday:

Sorry I'm late with the wishes. Hope it was a great day for you!

And some new pictures over on the WL/VWL thread on the resorts board. http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...estions-thread.3372315/page-216#post-56351038

Kathy...thanks for the links to the threads about CCV. For some reason I wasn't thinking that the cabins would be packed that close together but I guess it makes sense to get as many in as possible. I think from the one photo it is clear that being on the lake side of VWL on floor 1 or 2 will have a pretty blocked view seeing mostly the cabins more than the lake. But I could be wrong since it is hard to gain total perspective from the photos.

It does appear they are moving this along a little faster than we had feared. So I tend to agree that they will start selling this at the end of the year, and the pool may well be finished before summer next year? At this point, I would just like to see them wrap things up so we can see the final effect on our beloved VWL. Thanks again for your sleuth work! :)

Kathy...thanks for the links to the threads about CCV. For some reason I wasn't thinking that the cabins would be packed that close together but I guess it makes sense to get as many in as possible. I think from the one photo it is clear that being on the lake side of VWL on floor 1 or 2 will have a pretty blocked view seeing mostly the cabins more than the lake. But I could be wrong since it is hard to gain total perspective from the photos.

It does appear they are moving this along a little faster than we had feared. So I tend to agree that they will start selling this at the end of the year, and the pool may well be finished before summer next year? At this point, I would just like to see them wrap things up so we can see the final effect on our beloved VWL. Thanks again for your sleuth work! :)

They are pretty close together aren't they! It's a lot like the Poly bungalows vs say the FW cabins that have some breathing room in between. And big! I had realized that was going to be the case but still, seeing them gets them into better perspective.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter