VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to dynaguy! :)

Thanks so much for the info. I hardly ever go on any other sites so this was great info for me. Still hoping to be able to stay at the lodge Aug 2017, but not thinking it will happen. My 12 yr old DD and I were talking about the trip and construction and just as I thought she would say "if the DVC pool isn't there I don't want to stay there".

Well, the good news is that we still have many years of DVC ownership to enjoy VWL once everything is back up and running. The bad news is that trips with the children will be over all too soon. The main thing is that you pick out a resort you can enjoy and then go and make some awesome new memories. I know you will! :)

Well, the good news is that we still have many years of DVC ownership to enjoy VWL once everything is back up and running. The bad news is that trips with the children will be over all too soon. The main thing is that you pick out a resort you can enjoy and then go and make some awesome new memories. I know you will! :)

Over? When do the trips with the kids end? Mine are 19 and up and they still all ask when the next trip is :D
I do look forward to the day (if ever) there may be young kids in the family again though. Great excuse for buying all the kid toys.

Over? When do the trips with the kids end? Mine are 19 and up and they still all ask when the next trip is :D
I do look forward to the day (if ever) there may be young kids in the family again though. Great excuse for buying all the kid toys.

I'm doing this with my great nephew right now. It's so fun and honestly, since I don't have kids of my own, I experience Disney so much differently watching him. I can't wait to take him (and his parents I guess lol) to the WDW. Right now, it's "just" DL.

My daughters are in their mid-20's and not married. They would love to join us in our WDW trips but they are busy with their careers and haven't built up the vacation time to be able to do this. DW & I are thoroughly enjoying WDW even without them, but it is much better when they come along.

Thankfully we have been able to get together with Groupies the past several trips which makes it even better! But I look forward to when we can make three-generation trips at some point in the future (fingers crossed!). :)

Happy Birthday to my wonderful wife, TammyNC!!!!

Happy belated birthday Tammy!

Hello Groupies.

Boy you guys are evolving! Deep deep discussions. Oh, that color thing about 5 pages ago? I never remember it being blue, always green.

Well in less than a month we will be doing our fast pass reservations. Ugh. Any tips for this groupie who is really dreading the process?

We all (9 of us) have our tickets and getting excited about the family vacation.

It is nice seeing you all! And I know most of you! I really wish we could make that meet in Dec.

I loved that picture of Ranger Stan. I still have his phone number on my phone, I just can't seem to delete it.
Jimmy, do you still keep in touch with Sweetie?

Muush is here!!!! party:

Barb...I don't have a lot of tips for FP process...we just don't do much with them before we arrive. But if you have pretty good idea of which parks you will be visiting on a given day (avoid the ones with morning Extra Magic Hours), it is handy to be able to do those tough attractions like Toy Story Mania or Peter Pan.

9 people on your trip sounds awesome. I hope that you, Chuck and the family have a great time chock full of amazing memories. :)

Hey Barb!
I haven't spoken to Carolyn in quite awhile. The last time I called, she seemed really stressed, and I felt a bit uncomfortable talking with her about our common link, Stan. So, even though at times I have felt the urge to call, I feel more compellled to leave her be. I think some of her family moved in with her that were struggling a bit financially and that alone could have been the stress factor, but she seemed to want to keep private, maybe Stan not being there afforded her to distance herself. Maybe I am looking too far into it and overthinking it, but I just don't want to push myself onto her.

I too still have Stans # on my cell, and have a few messages on our old answering machine. That may be a little creepy, but he meant a lot to our family, and to me personally. I know he touched many lives across the board.

As for FP's, you def. need to land a TSM and Peter Pan as Granny mentioned. Get your FP's for later in day too when crowds are prevalent, rather than early in day. The cool thing now is the FP system is way easier to navigate these days as improvements have come along the way. You can get up to 3 per day at one park, then once those are used, or the time has passed, you can get another on your smartphone, and so on. As soon, as you go through the line and swipe your last one, you can immediately go online to get your next one, even while waiting in line for your last ride/attraction. Am I making sense? Load the DisneyWorld App on your phone for this reason. I hope this helps a little!

. . . . . . The bad news is that trips with the children will be over all too soon. . . . . . . . .

Over? When do the trips with the kids end? . . . . . . . I do look forward to the day (if ever) there may be young kids in the family again though. . . . . . . . .

Our kids are in there mid 30s. But it is not that they still go with us; DiznyDi lets me know when the kids are going and why we have no points left. . . . . and that is why we have the points! :grouphug: (really!)

HI Muuska! Do you have any long DCL cruises planned? We have EBTA and EBPC next year....would live to see you on board.

Agree with JT on the FP philosophy. I do understand those who like to avoid the parks with morning EMHs, but we're the opposite. We often hit rope drop and spend the first hour to hour and a half hitting all the rides we want. For the next couple of hours as the crowds increase, we do smaller, less popular venues, attractions, and shopping. A quick break for lunch, then off to park #2 and our FPs. For example, we'll hit MK first thing, and aside from 7DMT, the other rides are usually a short wait or walk on. Then, it's off to Tiki Room, POTC, Philharmagic, and perhaps shopping. We'll lunch at either MK or go to the second park and eat there before using our FPs. By then, we usually don't need more rides and head back to the room for rest before the evening. Again, that only works if you like to get up early.

You know that old saying, once a Groupie, always a Groupie :sunny:

Thank you Sly, JT and Granny for the tips, very helpful as I don't have a clue!

OK, so get the fast passes for later in the day, check.
Hit the parks early (which will work out great for 3 very excited girls not including me) and get some potentially busy rides in, check.
Get the Disney ap and use it! check.
I did understand what you are saying JT, thank you, some great tips
Fast passes for the very busy rides (JT you picked the ones we like!)
If you think of any others, please feel free to enlighten me!
We didn't get park hoppers and now I'm re-thinking that decision.

Hi DDad and tell the little Mrs. hello from Muush :wave:

Bobbi! My cruising bud! That PC we did back in 2014 was without a doubt, one of my favorite cruises. I will always remember it and you and Mr. Bobbi... Awesome that you have those 2 cruises booked! Think of me as you're gliding through the Panama Canal, knowing that I would love to be on it! We have a 7 night on RCI Oasis in April and a 12 night on Celebrity Silhouette in Nov 2017. We just got back from a 7 night Bermuda (in a Royal Suite!! it was a great deal and a big birthday for Chuck) and had a great time. We love our cruises!

Jimmy, funny how we both still have Ranger Stan's number on our phones. He was such a sweet man. I am so glad that we were able to capture some of him on video so that we can remember him. I hope Sweetie is all right, she is a dear woman.

OK, again thank you Groupies for being a constant in my life! Be well all and I'll check in again soon.

Muushka

Agree with JT on the FP philosophy. I do understand those who like to avoid the parks with morning EMHs, but we're the opposite. We often hit rope drop and spend the first hour to hour and a half hitting all the rides we want. For the next couple of hours as the crowds increase, we do smaller, less popular venues, attractions, and shopping. A quick break for lunch, then off to park #2 and our FPs. For example, we'll hit MK first thing, and aside from 7DMT, the other rides are usually a short wait or walk on. Then, it's off to Tiki Room, POTC, Philharmagic, and perhaps shopping. We'll lunch at either MK or go to the second park and eat there before using our FPs. By then, we usually don't need more rides and head back to the room for rest before the evening. Again, that only works if you like to get up early.
We do the exact same.

Barb, another FP to consider is 7 Dwarves Mine Train as its popular

Muuuuuuussssshhhhh!!!!!!!:wave: Happy to see you! You must be excited for your trip!

Granny our younger son, 26, still comes along at least once a year, and hopefully will continue to do so! His gf is also joining us in September. I'm sure your girls will join you again. Just as you said, my husband and I love our trips together, but when one (or both) of the kids are there it's extra fun!

Hi Mushka! Definitely don't forget the Frozen ride at Epcot. If nothing else I'd do that and 7 dwarves as soon as you can book.

Barb, another FP to consider is 7 Dwarves Mine Train as its popular

Will do, thank you!

Muuuuuuussssshhhhh!!!!!!!:wave: Happy to see you! You must be excited for your trip!

Granny our younger son, 26, still comes along at least once a year, and hopefully will continue to do so! His gf is also joining us in September. I'm sure your girls will join you again. Just as you said, my husband and I love our trips together, but when one (or both) of the kids are there it's extra fun!

Corrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne! Good to see you! :wave:

Hi Mushka! Definitely don't forget the Frozen ride at Epcot. If nothing else I'd do that and 7 dwarves as soon as you can book.

Hello Kat4! I will add that one to the list. Honestly it has been so long and things have been added. Last time we were there that area (I don't even know what it's called! Where the Dwarves are) wasn't even completed! Thanks Kat :wave:

If I could as another question, I know that you book at 60 days out, but do you have to wait until that date or can you do it now and it will be completed on that date (hope that makes sense)? And it doesn't have to be done day by day, right?

Thanks Groupies!

If I could as another question, I know that you book at 60 days out, but do you have to wait until that date or can you do it now and it will be completed on that date (hope that makes sense)? And it doesn't have to be done day by day, right?

Thanks Groupies!

Muush...I am not the FP expert, but my recollection is that you can make FP at 60 days prior to a trip and that would be for an entire trip. The only caveat is that you have to have tickets purchased for each person that will be getting a FP. And you have to set up the My Disney Experience to add your resort reservation number, and all guests and ticket numbers.

Muush, so glad to see you on the board, miss you and I hope you enjoy your visit with the family.

My darling daughter Kati is my best WDW companion. We have two trips scheduled in Dec and May and are counting the days for both. We hope to see some of the groupies in Dec before the big meet since we leave on the 10th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter