• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**UPDATED 2005 INFO** Mickey's NOT So Scary Halloween Party Central 2005 ***

:earboy2: I attended in 2003 and it was really the best part of the trip. Our 7 year old wore a (surprise) princess costume but I think I enjoyed it more than her. Its really "not scary" but still eerie! The character's costumes were wonderful as was the trick-or-treating. The park was not overly crowded either. I encourage everyone to go! I'm planning my next trip in Oct 2006, the only reason is to go to the party.

laurabelle said:
We had tix for the 23rd, and since Disney didn't cancel, we decided to go and see how long the weather would hold out. We arrived about 4:00 and just waited a couple of minutes while the CMs got ready for us, then we were off! We did a ton of rides before the bottom fell out at about 7:30. We even managed to get our photo done right before the storm hit. It was bad though, alot of lightning, so we left about 8:45. We were all disappointed that we had to leave when things just got started, but we were so glad we learned from our fellow Disers that we could get in early, and we did enjoy the time we had there. Did anyone else here go that night? I wonder if anyone stayed until the end or if they eventually closed it down earlier?
We stayed until about 10 pm, and they evidently did run an abbreviated parade and did the fireworks after that, but we were just too, too wet!

dsneygirl said:
Here's one from 10/20. We were on the inside of the Hub directly facing the bridge to Liberty Square.
47b5ce03b3127cce94ea02aad7b300000016109Qat2LFu1A

Great photo! We just got back from the party this evening and had a great time. We concentrated on the parade and fireworks and had a nice relaxing time

My DD LOVED the headless horseman, but I was not prepared and did not get a picture, so she will love to see this. She actuall ran after it - we were right in front of the castle in the circle area.

I absolutely LOVED the parade and fireworks. I think they are the best fireworks yet - maybe it was the music. My favorite part of the parade was the Haunted Mansion gravediggers with their shovels.

We got lucky with a spot to watch the parade - we were behind some folks sitting down, and I left DD to run into the Emporium which was directly behind us, and when I came out they had left and she was sitting.

We sat down in the table (smoking area) by the walkway to Tomorrowland to watch the fireworks. There was a little low obstruction from a couple trees, but otherwise it was a great spot. DD and I sat and chatted and caught up on the day!

We got our 3rd annual photo taken, and DD was then ready to come home - she considered staying for the 2nd parade, but changed her mind.

The sign said it was Sold Out tonight, but I did not feel it was overly crowded. Mind you we didn't go back to the rides, didn't get there until 7:30, and had our photo taken at 9:45 - so we might have been staying away from the crowds!

I took more video than still pics tonight, but I will see what I have, and hopefully post some later.

We bought Nightmare Before XMAS tonight, so DD watched it on the way home. I really like the music - passed the time on the drive home nicely!

I made one faux paus this evening though - every other party I've gone to I've gone early before the actual start time, and therefore with the AP didn't have to pay parking.... tonight I showed my AP and he said I still have to charge you.... YIKES - I had NO CASH - and they only take cash - he was a sweetie and let me through, or I would have been turning around and finding an ATM! NOTE TO SELF - either go early or be prepared to pay for parking!

Now I have to get ready for a Halloween party tomorrow evening for 5 of the neighborhood kids - I haven't even started, except some cleaning!

We did it!! We got to be in the Candy Cavalcade last night. My sister and I (Main Street Trolley Dancer and Fairy Godmother) got to ride in the first car. It was amazing to be in a car that Walt had actually driven his special guests around Disneyland in. We got a great view of the Headless Horseman, because he waited just in front of our car until it was time to ride. Unfortunately our camera was with a CM near Tony's so he could take pictures of us. It was worth it though. We will try to post pics tomorrow. We loved the parades, music and fireworks. We can't wait to go on Suday with the whole family. We went last night as a spur of the moment thing. We had been working hard on costumes all week and decided we need a break. Well, we got the best break ever.

:wave: :wave:

This is it!!!! We're off to Fla tomorrow!!!!!!! :banana: :banana:
We can't wait. Love the horseman picture. I hope to get one that good!

See you all when we get back!!! :cheer2:

dsneygirl said:
Here's one from 10/20. We were on the inside of the Hub directly facing the bridge to Liberty Square.
47b5ce03b3127cce94ea02aad7b300000016109Qat2LFu1A

I had to re-read your post a few times! Can I take a guess as to what you were dressed as? Lilo maybe?

The reason I ask is because that photo looks similar (actually yours looks WAY better) to one I took on 10/20!! I beleive we must have been standing next to each other!

What parade did you go to?? :teeth:

Just got home this afternoon and am ready to plan another trip much to my husbands argument! (he's not a Disney person but will play along) .... anyways.... we went to MNSSHP on the 23rd. I was a little dispointed but still had fun considering it was our first time. We were asked to be Grand Marshalls for the first parade and that's right when the storm hit, so it was cancelled. We were also told that if the 10pm parade was going to be held we'd be able to go back and participate , BUT then we were told later on by several Cast Members that the 2nd parade was cancelled too.... yes misinformation. We were also under the assumption that fireworks were cancelled. Ended watching them from the Indy Cars, then a bit after that when DD9 had about enough of the wet we discovered the parade was going on and caught the last 5 minutes. I had back up plans in my head to lose the $$$ for Sunday night and get tickets for Thursday, but I didn't. Wish I did though. Would like to go again so I can enjoy the even to the fullest.

Lynn4Mel said:
we went to MNSSHP on the 23rd. I was a little dispointed but still had fun considering it was our first time. We were asked to be Grand Marshalls for the first parade and that's right when the storm hit, so it was cancelled. We were also told that if the 10pm parade was going to be held we'd be able to go back and participate , BUT then we were told later on by several Cast Members that the 2nd parade was cancelled too.... yes misinformation. We were also under the assumption that fireworks were cancelled. Ended watching them from the Indy Cars, then a bit after that when DD9 had about enough of the wet we discovered the parade was going on and caught the last 5 minutes.
We were there the same night. We had fun riding the rides with no wait due to the rain, but would have had a much better time if it were not for the storm. We (DS9 and myself) were also under the assumption that the fireworks were cancelled (I mean they did make an announcement over the PA System stating so) and ended up watching the last few minutes of them after getting off of TTA. We never knew they held the second parade that night. I am bummed now since we missed that. On top of that, we got our free pictures in the mail Friday and they were damaged in one of the mail processing machines, so we can't even enjoy the picture from the event. Hope next year we have a better night to go.

pumpkinfish said:
I had to re-read your post a few times! Can I take a guess as to what you were dressed as? Lilo maybe?

The reason I ask is because that photo looks similar (actually yours looks WAY better) to one I took on 10/20!! I beleive we must have been standing next to each other!

I am curious as to which parade you both watched?? My family were Grand Marshalls in the 10 pm parade, we rode in the double decker bus, and I would love to know if anyone has any pics of us.

Thanks!

Hi there,

I just got back from Hallowishes and a week ago and LOVED the music and the arrangement. Does anyone know how the heck I can get a recording of it? Or if there's selling it somewhere? I'm in professional music and theater and thought it was a very clever arrangement - would love to listen to it a few more times!

Thanks in advance!

Chris :)

pumpkinfish said:

That was me. I'm not sure I remember you. We were right near some people in wheelchairs and ECV though.

elgerber said:
I am curious as to which parade you both watched?? My family were Grand Marshalls in the 10 pm parade, we rode in the double decker bus, and I would love to know if anyone has any pics of us.

Thanks!

Which night and which parade? I ask because I took some pictures of these just in case a diser happened to need a copy.

Hope y'all had a spooktacular HALLOWEEN and MNSSHP!

StitchDevilHallo-clip.gif

C'ya next year!!

I am planning on going to MNSSHP in 2006 and being the obsessive planner I am I have a question that I am hoping someone here can answer :goodvibes
Now that you can make ADRs 180 days out if you're staying at a WDW resort I was wondering if I could make my ADR for LTT on a MNSSHP night 180 days ahead of the trip OR do I need to wait until I buy my ticket to make it? TIA for any help :goodvibes

wendy1974 said:
I am planning on going to MNSSHP in 2006 and being the obsessive planner I am I have a question that I am hoping someone here can answer :goodvibes
Now that you can make ADRs 180 days out if you're staying at a WDW resort I was wondering if I could make my ADR for LTT on a MNSSHP night 180 days ahead of the trip OR do I need to wait until I buy my ticket to make it? TIA for any help :goodvibes

it would make sense if you can...........
tonys and cp didn't open up for adr until after the first sale of mnsshp went on. maybe they will be included for mnsshp when the 180 days out time comes along.

i have done LTT too many times especially for mnsshp. it was the most awful place for me this october. from now on, i am sticking to cp for that night.

yes, like you are, i am now planning my sept/oct 2006 trip already.

mnsshp tickets went on sale saturday april 30 this year.

i called and bought mine when they opened that morning.
you can make a adr at the time you are buying your mnsshp tickets at the same time.

this year, if i decide to go, i will dine at cp.
i much preferred the 2003 and 4 events so much better over the one this year.

the parade and fireworks were so excellent in 2004 !
this years was a let down for me.

i like being able to do more rides and trick or treat without huge crowds.
if i add more days to my sept/oct 06 trip, then i will by pass mnsshp this year. it's kind of a wash for me. the extra night stay will surpass the cost of the mnsshp ticket though.

i guess when april comes around, the excitement of another disney trip will prevail and i, like the rest of you, will be on that phone dialing for a ticket and ressie. lol

We (7 adults) went to MNSSHP on 10/27 and everyone had a BLAST! We walked on every ride, which was especially wonderful because we had two Magic Kingdom first-timers with us.

The atmosphere was fabulous, and we all felt like little kids trick or treating. We did not have a great view of Hallowishes, but we loved the music and castle effects. We stayed until the very end (after a feeding frenzy at 'Ohana to fortify us!), and all agreed that it will be a "must" for our next trip.

Thanks to everyone on this thread who shared tips and information and pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter