• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**UPDATED 2005 INFO** Mickey's NOT So Scary Halloween Party Central 2005 ***

Baloo

<font color="red"><br>Laughter is the bloom<br>of
October is a beautiful time of year at WDW! The temperatures are moderate and the skies are often a crystal,clear blue during the day.But come night fall a purplish hue with eerie green light radiates from the Magic Kingdom.Huge glowing Jack O' lanterns float above smiling down at you.If you listen you can hear the shrieks and moans of spooky creatures and giggles and laughter from Trick or Treaters!

You've found.....
MICKEY'S NOT SO SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY
1719wdw-halloween1.jpg

***NEW PICTURES FROM MNSSHP SEPT.30,2005***

http://photobucket.com/albums/a267/mnsshp/?

:maleficen THANK YOU DZNEFREEK for sharing your photos from the first MNSSHP 2005! :maleficen

2005 Dates:

Sept. 30...Friday
Oct. 2...Sunday
Oct. 6...Thursday
Oct. 7...Friday
Oct. 11...Tuesday
Oct.13...Thursday
Oct.16...Sunday
Oct. 20...Thursday
Oct. 21...Friday
Oct. 23...Sunday
Oct. 25...Tuesday
Oct. 27...Thursday
Oct. 28...Friday
Oct. 30...Sunday
Oct. 31... HALLOWEEN.... Monday ALWAYS a SELL OUT!

pirate: TIME pirate:

7PM til Midnight

2005 TICKET PRICES
HALLOWEEN NIGHT prices are slightly higher than the other parties this year!)

ADVANCE PURCHASE
Adults: $37.23 - ages 10 and up
Child: $29.77 - ages 3 - 9

GATE PURCHASE AND PRICE FOR 10/31 Halloween Night
Adults: $42.55 - ages 10 and up

Child: $35.10 - ages 3 - 9

ANNUAL PASSHOLDER DISCOUNT FOR 9/30, 10/2, 10/6, 10/20, 10/23 AND 10/25

Adults: $31.90 - ages 10 and up

Child: $25.51 - ages 3 - 9

Dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern can be booked at the same time as ticket purchase.

Liberty Tree Tavern is located in Liberty Square.Join you favorite characters all dressed up for Halloween too for a family-style dining. Priority Seating (P.S.) can be made as early as 4 p.m. on the day of your party.

Advance purchase means any time before actually being at the Ticket and Transportation Center on the night of the party you've chosen to attend.You can purchase tickets at your resort.You ONLY need a MNSSHP ticket to attend this event.The tickets are non refundable and the party will go on...rain or moonlight.

2hALOOWEENGOOFY.jpg

BOO to you and what TO DO!
This October, join Mickey and his friends at the Magic Kingdom for 15 nights of "not so scary" fun and games. Stroll down Main Street as shadows of witches,ghosts and bats...hey that one looks like a mouse!...fly across the buildings while decorated pumpkins grin from the windows.

UPDATED FOR 2005

***NEW***
Trick or Treating sponsered by GOOFY'S CANDY COMPANY
... for ghouls and boys throughout the park.CMs hand out treats and a goodie bag to carry home your yummies! Look for GOOFY'S FACE for these sweet spots. Some of the treats we enjoyed were Nestle Crunch,Milky Way,Nerds,Shockers,Toll House Candy Bars and tons and tons of Pixie Sticks!

Mickey's Boo-to-You Halloween Parade...8:00 and 10:00 pm...Look for unique floats,characters in their Halloween costumes,various Villains and beware of hitch hiking ghosts! Parade starts in Frontierland

Ride of the Headless Horseman...HH makes his famous ride about 10 minutes before each parade.

***NEW***
Happy HalloWishes
Grim Grinning Ghost Come out to Socialize

9:15 pm

The night sky lights with up a BRAND NEW fireworks spectacular ONLY seen at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Parties ...the black sky above Cinderella Castle bursts with oranges, purples,gold and greens as fireworks surround the entire MK.Be sure to get a good view of Cindy's Castle because you never know who might be flying overhead come Halloween time!

***NEW***
Halloween Dance Parties

Stitch's Cosmic Dance Party...Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe in Tomorrowland

Get Up and BOO-gie Dance Party...Ariel's Grotto in Fantasyland

***NEW***
Cinderellabration

7:25pm and 8:40pm

Part of the Happiest Celebration on Earth ...join your favorite Disney Princesses as the celebrate Cinderella's Royal Coronation in this LIVE character show on the Castle Forecourt Stage.

***NEW***
Villians Mix and Mingle

Throughout the evening in front of Cinderella's Castle.

Special Character Appearances...all sorts of our Disney friends show up for the Halloween bash. The biggest surprise for us in 2004 was the Walrus from Alice in Wonderland!

Complimentary family photo

You receive a free 4 x 6 photo with Mickey's Halloween background.One photo per ticket.So if there are four people in your family you each receive a photo in the mail.Our 3 came in the envelope together about a week after we attended the party.

***2005***** spots are not located on the map this year but are marked with signs in front of these locations:

Liberty Square...inside Hall of Presidents
Tomorrowland...inside Time Keeper.
Adventureland....around where the Dole whips are located.

Daisy-catwoman-broom-clipHallo.gif

RIDES

Here's a list of what has been open during
***2005 MNSSHP***
:
ADVENTURELAND
Pirates of the Caribbean

Jungle Cruise
Swiss Family Tree House

The Enchanted Tiki Room

FRONTIERLAND
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Country Bear Jamboree
Shootin' Arcade
Splash Mountain

LIBERTY SQUARE
Haunted Mansion
Riverboat

FANTASYLAND
Carousel
Dumbo
Mad Tea Party
Peter Pan
Snow White
Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Mickey's Philharmagic
Small World...was closed in 2004 for rehab.

TOONTOWN FAIR
Goofy's Barnstormer

TOMORROWLAND
Astro Oribitor
Tomorrowland Speedway
Space Mountain
Buzz Lightyear
Tomorrowland Transit Authority
Stitch's Great Escape (hopefully,not sure as it wasn't ready for 2004.)

FAST PASS
Fast Pass is not available during MNSSHP but there's really no need for it. A wait shouldn't be more than 20 minutes and that will be for rides in Fantasyland at the beginning of the evening.In the past it always tended to clear out after the first parade and the fireworks.

smallhalomickvampire.gif

FOOD and BEVERAGE

A list of what was open during
***MNSSHP 2005***
MAIN STREET
Casey's Corner
Plaza Ice Cream
Main Street Bakery

FRONTIERLAND
Peco's Bill's Cafe
Westward Ho
Frontierland Turkey Legs

LIBERTY SQUARE
Liberty Tree Tavern

FANTASYLAND
Scuttle's Landing

TOMORROWLAND
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe
Lunching Pad
Cool Ships
Auntie Gravities Galactic Goodies

pluto-pumpkin-blcat-halloclip.gif

SHOPPING

Not listed on 2005 map this is a list of what has been open at previous MNSSHP:

MAIN STREET
Emporuim
Chapeau
Main St Confectionery

ADVENTURELAND
Agrabah Bazaar
Pirates Bazaar

FRONTIERLAND
Big Al's
Briar Patch
Splashdown Photo

LIBERTY SQUARE
Haunted Mansion Cart
Ye Old Christmas Shop

FANTASYLAND
Pooh's Thotful Spot
Sir Mickey
Tinker Bell's Treasures
Seven Drawfs Mine
Fantasy Faire

TOONTOWN FAIR
Toontown Farmers Market

TOMORROWLAND
Mickey's Star Traders
Space Mt Shop
Merchant of Venus
Buzz's Star Command

Please note that all times, prices and events included are subject to change.

jackolanterns.jpg
TIPS
jackolanterns.jpg

In 2005 my family will be enjoying our 10th MNSSHP.On my various times I've traveled with a toddler,a Senior citizen in an EVC,a large group,just me and my son, Erich,to now with my DH,Joe,and my DSS,Jonathan.So I've learned a few things along the way that I'd like to share with my fellow DISers.​

****Baloo's Top Ten Tips****

1.Except for HALLOWEEN NIGHT do not worry about crowds at MNSSHP. There are a limited amount of tickets sold for this event. Disney is very closed mouth about the actual attendance but the rides are very doable. Fantasyland gets a little crowded earlier in the evening but thins out as the night goes on and little ones wear out! I've never waited more than 10 mins in a ride line at on a party night.The Mts are practically WALK ONS! We've ridden Splash Mt. 3 times in a row without leaving our log!

2.The second parade is less crowded.

3.The best trick or treating is in Toontown! In 2004 there was an area called Alice and the Mad Hatter's Treat Party. Our bags were LOADED after strolling down this path!

4.Catch some of the bands that perform throughout the MK lands during the night.And don't be shy to get up and shake,shake,shake your bones like a skinny old skeleton or howl like a werewolf!!

5.Try and see "the special guest" that takes over Tinkers Bell's flight before the fireworks begins.The BEST viewing area is on the bridge to Tomorrowland.

6. In Liberty Square in front of the Liberty Bell about 10 min.s before the parade begins "Mr. Knickerbocker" tells the story of the Headless Horseman.When he finishes his tale, the Headless Horseman begins his gallop through the MK. When the Horseman has ridden the entire parade route, the parade begins!

7. Don't feel silly if you're a grown up and want to dress up! Wearing a costume, is part of the Halloween fun!

8. Make sure your costumes are COMFORTABLE and EASY to get around in. You'll be getting on and off rides and do not want anything that is cumbersome.

9.Take time to really LOOK at all the wonderful Halloween decorations throughout the MK especially while strolling down Main Street.You never know where you might see a giant spider crawling atop of a building.Corn stalks and jack o' lanterns and over sized treat bags set the autumn mood.

10.My biggest tip is the day of the party have a light schedule, take a nap or have some "down time" the afternoon of the party! I can't stress this enough ,especially if you have little ones or Seniors traveling with you! Erich (Jon wasn't able to go) was 11 last year and we still did this.Even if he didn't actually sleep he watched t.v. and rested...Joe and I slept! LOL! You want to be able to stay as late as possible because the later it gets the more the crowd thins out.It seems a lot of people start exiting after the fireworks which is shortly after the first parade.

Have a SPOOKTACULAR good time at MNSSHP 2005!!!

happyhalloween.jpg

Now how LONG is it until Oct.?!?!?!?

If you can't get tickets for Halloween night for MNSSHP or you feel the MK might just be too crowded for you,fear not!... there is still plenty to do at WDW that weekend!​

HallowFab5asVillians.gif

Halloween Weekend at Downtown Disney

October 30-31 (5:00pm - 9:00 pm)

pumpgold.gif
Trick Or Treat at the following locations
pumpgold.gif

Disney's Days of Christmas, World of Disney, Disney at Home, Pooh Corner, Disney's Pin Traders,

Once Upon a Toy, Mickey's Groove, West Side Pin Cart, 1st Floor DisneyQuest, Mouse House,

Team Mickey's and Hotel Plaza Resort Merchandise Locations.

pumpgold.gif
ACTIVITIES and ENTERTAINMENT
pumpgold.gif

Kids DJ Dance Party at the Dock Stage (Marketplace)

Two Kids' Costume Parades will be featured

Vote for your Favorite Jack O Lantern on October 30, winner displayed on the 31st

Photo Opportunities throughout the Marketplace and the West Side

Ghosts and Goblins appearing throughout the Marketplace area

Skeleton Stilt Walkers appearing at 6:00, 7:00 and 8:00

Balloon Artists at 5:00, 6:00 and 7:00

Magician Performs at 6:30, 7:30, and 8:30

Juggling Duo Performs at 5:30, 6:30, and 7:30

This event may be cancelled in the event of heavy rain or inclement weather.

Thanks for all the info and tips! My first MNSSHP and it sounds like loads of fun.

October 6th - here I come :teeth:

Baloo you gave me my fix! I woke up this morning and saw the wonderful stickey atop the page! Thanks again! :cool1:

Yes, how long is it until October....?

CharityLynn said:
I have a quick question..Do the buses run until midnight then?

Yes the busses will run well after midnight. Last year we got on our bus around 12:45am.

Thanks for the thread Baloo :) I was getting jealous of the MVMCP thread!

Great thread! I wish I was going this year :( but we alternate MVMCP and MNSSHP but I'd LOVE to do both each year! Maybe when my kids are grown and I don't have to worry about them missing school! ;)

Just so you all know there is no party on Tuesday, October 4 and there is a party on October 7. I just verified it with Disney World.

I think that that was our favorite trip so far! Seeing the park lit up eerily and the special parade made me use one of our castle fireworks photos as my computer background. We actually cancelled our planned June trip and are rebooking in October to take advantage of the cooler temps, hopefully lighter crowds and of course ;) the AP rates and discounted HP tickets!

Oct 7th Friday is not listed? :confused3
That is the night we are going! Not an AP discount night though :guilty:

Thanks so much, Baloo, for posting the great tips and info. This will be our first halloween party. DH & I are going on the 20th. I have not been in the MK after dark since my Grad Night ALLLLL those years ago!!

Mods - How about getting some Halloween Smilies??

Baloo, my family and I did this party back in October of 2001 and had a blast. We're planning on doing it again this year, but I have a question that maybe you can answer.
I'm planning on buying our Annual Pass on June 2nd, annual passholders then get a discount. I know Halloween night is usually a sell out, so do you think that there will still be tickets left on June 2nd or will I be taking a chance of Halloween night being sold out by the first week of June?

chernabog said:
Baloo, my family and I did this party back in October of 2001 and had a blast. We're planning on doing it again this year, but I have a question that maybe you can answer.
I'm planning on buying our Annual Pass on June 2nd, annual passholders then get a discount. I know Halloween night is usually a sell out, so do you think that there will still be tickets left on June 2nd or will I be taking a chance of Halloween night being sold out by the first week of June?

Not Baloo, but maybe I can help. I believe you can order your tickets with the ap discount now, but they will not send them to you. You have to pick them up at will call and show your ap.

I just called and ordered my MNSSHP tickets for 10/20 with an AP discount and I specifically asked if they will be mailed out, and the CM said yes. There seems to be some CM confusion. I think will call for AP discount makes the most sense. Has any AP holders received their tickets in the mail?

We went in 2003 and it was GREAT! :bounce: It was the best time I have ever had in the MK. I am hoping that this year, I will fit into my Queen of Hearts costume (fits up to size 14 my left foot!).

MNSSHP 10/20 here we come!
D4D

The AP discount orders on the first day of sales seemed to be following a pattern, as per DISer reports. If you had an AP that was listed in the system(?), they were able to be mailed out and some have even received them. Those with vouchers are provided with the will call option only. I will see what option is given to me when I order next week, I have used my PAP on two trips now and will be giving it another work out in October for a total of 15 days use!

Penny

I have called and talked to Walt Disney World and I'm sorry I had some information incorrectly. :earseek:

There is a MNSSHP on Friday Oct.7th.

There is no party on Tues.Oct.4th.

I don't know if it was a type -O or what. :scratchin I got the party dates our WM gave me from our Halloween page here at the DIS.Which now has the 7th and not the 4th! :confused3 This is making my head hurt! :headache: :badpc: :earboy2:

I knew I shouldn't have gone online today was for relaxing :rolleyes: ...Happy Mother's Day Y'all!!! :flower:

So glad to see this thread!!! :flower: This will be our first MNSSHP and we are very excited!!! :cheer2: Thanks for all of the great info!!!

I have a question--a have a friend who has ordered tickets for October 25 was told that they could not make their dinner reservations at LTT yet. Is this correct? Should I tell her to keep calling? Help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter