• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**UPDATED 2005 INFO** Mickey's NOT So Scary Halloween Party Central 2005 ***

TCincy said:
We were taking a photo of our family by the billboard of the 3 hitch hiking ghosts in front of Haunted Mansion around 6:30pm. Disney exec stopped us and asked us.

I was not even there at the time, I was buying party t-shirts in Adventureland, by Aladdin, feeling really bad that I made the other 7 people in our group wait for me, cuz it was taking awhile. I noticed they were talking with a CM and laughing and having a great time, and the guy waved at me and asked me to buy him a Stitch. When I got done I apologized for taking so long, and they said, boy will you be glad you did. That is how we ended up in the parade.

wendy1974 said:
I know that they will let you in with your party ticket at 4 but how do they know who belongs there and who doesn't? Do you get a wristband? I was just wondering how they know if those people waiting in Adventureland while the park is being cleared out are supposed to be there.
Also, do you call the regular 407-DISNEY number to order your MNSSHP tickets? It looks like they have started selling them around May in the past, is that right? I would like to make ADR for Liberty Square when I order my tickets and I was told by a CM that they don't do that until 90 days ahead but I see here that many people seem to have made reservations before that.
Sorry for so many questions but TIA :goodvibes

Yes, they pass out wristbands.

You can call the regular Disney number or you can buy them online.

Most sit down restaurants are booked solid now for party nights.

We had tix for the 23rd, and since Disney didn't cancel, we decided to go and see how long the weather would hold out. We arrived about 4:00 and just waited a couple of minutes while the CMs got ready for us, then we were off! We did a ton of rides before the bottom fell out at about 7:30. We even managed to get our photo done right before the storm hit. It was bad though, alot of lightning, so we left about 8:45. We were all disappointed that we had to leave when things just got started, but we were so glad we learned from our fellow Disers that we could get in early, and we did enjoy the time we had there. Did anyone else here go that night? I wonder if anyone stayed until the end or if they eventually closed it down earlier?

beattyfamily said:
Yes, they pass out wristbands.

You can call the regular Disney number or you can buy them online.

Most sit down restaurants are booked solid now for party nights.

Thank you for your response. Are there certain locations that you have to go to and show your MNSSHP ticket for your wristband or do you get it at the gate?
I am actually planning to go to next years MNSSHP so I was just asking now how far in advance I can make an ADR for Liberty Tree Tavern (obsessive planner :goodvibes ). There's no way in the world I would expect to get an adr for this year!

wendy1974 said:
Thank you for your response. Are there certain locations that you have to go to and show your MNSSHP ticket for your wristband or do you get it at the gate?
I am actually planning to go to next years MNSSHP so I was just asking now how far in advance I can make an ADR for Liberty Tree Tavern (obsessive planner :goodvibes ). There's no way in the world I would expect to get an adr for this year!

Oh, I see! Early planning. LTT was available right when you bought your tickets...and new for this year, Tony's was available then too. The rest of the sit downs were available at 90 days.

They will start handing out wristbands as you enter the park starting at 4:00p so if you are in the park before that time, you'll have to find a CM and exchange your tickets for wristbands. They'll be CMs to do that all around the park; in front of the Castle and around the hub and near City Hall.

My dd and I went to MNSSHP last night, 10/25, and had a wonderful time! The weather was very cool for Florida, but we were prepared and had such a fun time! There were no crowds, except for some of the candy lines at the beginning of the party. I noticed that when the party started the candy stations were giving out 3-4 pieces of candy per person....but when we went back after the 2nd parade they were giving out handfulls. Next year we will wait to trick or treat until the end of the party! The headless horseman was awesome and the parade was incredible! I loved the grave diggers from the HM! The fireworks were "spook-tacular!" I still have the song in my head "Boo to you......"

We went to MVMCP last year and really didn't think it was worth the money, but I have to say that we loved MNSSHP and will definitley go again next year!!

We were also there on 10/23. We stayed until about 1130 and were glad we did. The HalloWishes show did go off at about 945, althought they did not do the perimeter fireworks. They also did a parade about 1030. The crowds really diminished (understandably). We finally left because all of our feet were wet!

Mom2Ashli said:
We watched the late Parade and sat right at the Bridge and got to see the headless horseman as he stopped there to wait for his ride to start. VERY COOL!

That sounds intriguing...what Bridge are you talking about?

JodiandTony said:
We were also there on 10/23. We stayed until about 1130 and were glad we did. The HalloWishes show did go off at about 945, althought they did not do the perimeter fireworks. They also did a parade about 1030. The crowds really diminished (understandably). We finally left because all of our feet were wet!

Wow! You guys are troopers! The lightning scared me off... :earseek: I'm glad you got to see the fireworks. I'm really surprised to hear the parade was shown! The storm must have let up some, I was asleep by then...

My DD and I are going tomorrow night for our 2nd party this year. I will wait and go until a little later this time - after the party has started. Most times we go at the start and then she poops out! I am looking forward to the parade and fireworks! I am looking forward to it very much - it's nice that there is a chill in the air - the beginning of the month it was HOT.

I could not believe the handfuls of candy they were giving out along the "candy trail" from Toontown to Tomorrowland! The Queen of Hearts scared the #### out of me when she walked up behind me (quietly) and tapped me on the head!!

I am not dressing up but I think DD is going to be Belle (red dress) - she better I paid $$$$ for it! I'm gonna sell that baby on EBAY after she is done with it!

Just cancelled a reservation for LTT on 10/31 at 6:25 for 3 people if anyone wants to try and get it!

We went on 10/21 and unfortunately, our picture of the Headless Horseman didn't come out. Anyone get a good shot or know of one online?

Thanks.

LoveStitch said:
That sounds intriguing...what Bridge are you talking about?

The wooden bridge the takes you from Main Street towards the Hall of Presidents.

TCincy said:
We went on 10/21 and unfortunately, our picture of the Headless Horseman didn't come out. Anyone get a good shot or know of one online?

Thanks.

I took 5 of him and NONE of them ever came out. :guilty:

Here is one that I took on 10/16. It came out very dark, but I was able to salvage it by adjusting the brightness. I actually took 4 photos and this is the best. We were Grand Marshals that night and got to stand near him for a couple of minutes. That horse is huge.
63925Headless_Horseman-med.jpg

Deb

my3princes said:
Here is one that I took on 10/16. It came out very dark, but I was able to salvage it by adjusting the brightness. I actually took 4 photos and this is the best. We were Grand Marshals that night and got to stand near him for a couple of minutes. That horse is huge.
63925Headless_Horseman-med.jpg

Deb

WOW! That is the best picture I have seen so far.

LoveStitch said:

We were right there on Main Street has he exited the Bridge. So he rode pass all the others waiting before the bridge and just sat there for a moment or two than took off around the circle in front of the castle and down main street. So we got a really good view. The Horse is so big and beautiful.

That is an awesome picture...when he's riding is he moving to fast to take a good picture?
I've heard that the 10 parade is the better of the two because it is less crowded and I was wondering ifit takes place right after the fireworks?

Here's one from 10/20. We were on the inside of the Hub directly facing the bridge to Liberty Square.
47b5ce03b3127cce94ea02aad7b300000016109Qat2LFu1A

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter