Upcoming Disney Vacation(s) w/the kids?

DS(7) and I will be in Disney World April 22-30. Staying at Pop Century with dining plan and water parks :fish:I am super excited because this trip is just him and I. The last trip was all 5 of us and since he has teenage siblings we often had to make concessions to try to please everyone - Fun trip but different dynamic.

October 2016 will be all of us except my oldest (he is in Navy recruitment and will hopefully be enlisted soon - that and *gasp* he doesn't really like Disney). We are going MNSSHP and the water parks. This will be a long weekend trip (Friday - Monday).

February 2017 Princess Run Disney - Planning to run the 5K and 10K. This is a big fitness goal for my family.

Summer 2017 will be the next full family week long trip.

I plan long term so vacation happens. If not, real life seems to get in the way.

DS(7) and I will be in Disney World April 22-30. Staying at Pop Century with dining plan and water parks :fish:I am super excited because this trip is just him and I. The last trip was all 5 of us and since he has teenage siblings we often had to make concessions to try to please everyone - Fun trip but different dynamic.

October 2016 will be all of us except my oldest (he is in Navy recruitment and will hopefully be enlisted soon - that and *gasp* he doesn't really like Disney). We are going MNSSHP and the water parks. This will be a long weekend trip (Friday - Monday).

February 2017 Princess Run Disney - Planning to run the 5K and 10K. This is a big fitness goal for my family.

Summer 2017 will be the next full family week long trip.

I plan long term so vacation happens. If not, real life seems to get in the way.

Wow, I'm impressed! :)

So encouraging to see all these other single parents who are taking their kids to WDW! I will be taking my son, who will be 7 at the time, in Dec 2016. We plan on staying Dec 5th - 12th at Bay Lake Towers. We are being gifted w/ DVC points by my parents who are DVC members :goodvibes

This will be his 3rd trip to WDW but our first time going just the two of us so I am a bit nervous! I struggle as a single parent but am saving up every cent I can to make this trip happen for us! The fact that my parents are loaning us DVC points helps so much too :)

I think he'll be tall enough to ride pretty much everything except maybe RnR which is fine - he's very excited for this trip! We're already counting down the days even though it's soooooo far away :rotfl:

So encouraging to see all these other single parents who are taking their kids to WDW! I will be taking my son, who will be 7 at the time, in Dec 2016. We plan on staying Dec 5th - 12th at Bay Lake Towers. We are being gifted w/ DVC points by my parents who are DVC members :goodvibes

This will be his 3rd trip to WDW but our first time going just the two of us so I am a bit nervous! I struggle as a single parent but am saving up every cent I can to make this trip happen for us! The fact that my parents are loaning us DVC points helps so much too :)

I think he'll be tall enough to ride pretty much everything except maybe RnR which is fine - he's very excited for this trip! We're already counting down the days even though it's soooooo far away :rotfl:

Aww how cool! You're a great mommy! Welcome to the board. Isn't it nice to be in good company? :)

Your trip to WDW sounds fun. That's great your parents are gifting you the hotel stay. That will help a lot.

I'm looking forward to taking my DS to WDW next year for the first time. He'll be 2 years old then. We're going on a DCL Alaskan cruise in May 2016. I'm still paying for that. However, I'm trying to squeeze in a 4 night cruise with WDW on both ends of the cruise in the fall of 2016. It will be tough financially, but I'm going to try real hard to make it happen.

We have 2 trips planned for this year... August at the Poly & Dec at GF. It's always been just myself & DD (7)... I look at other vacations, but just can't escape the ease of WDW... I as a single Mom don't have to worry about driving, luggage, etc.... they make it sooooo easy. This will be our 8th trip in August! Can't wait!

We will be headed to Disney this November, but the kids have no idea (so exciting!). It will be my son's 14th birthday. We are going on our first cruise on the Dream to the Bahamas in August 2016 and spend either 5 or 6 days in Disney in the Beach Club Villas afterwards. The kids know about the trip to Disney in August but not about the cruise.

Yep! I'm going to put balloons in a box and she'll open it and they come busting out with an invitation from Mickey to come to his Halloween party. :) This is our first ever MNSSHP so I am beyond excited!LOL!

Yep (see above,lol) and I think I'm going to Disney bound as Minnie and she'll be Izzy.I was originally going to be Doc's mom and she Doc McStuffins, but we changed our minds. LOL! I am going to video it. I think I may get my sister to do it, so I can help he open and read it. :)

That sounds awesome!

Well, my heart is breaking right now. I just had to tell my daughter we might not make our trip. Our whole family is going...sister, aunt, uncle, grandma, grandpa...and this could be the second big family trip we miss. It's hard being a single parent, especially when your work hours are limited because you have a special needs child.

Well, my heart is breaking right now. I just had to tell my daughter we might not make our trip. Our whole family is going...sister, aunt, uncle, grandma, grandpa...and this could be the second big family trip we miss. It's hard being a single parent, especially when your work hours are limited because you have a special needs child.

Oh no! Fingers crossed and prayers you won't have to cancel your trip. Sending some positive vibes your way.

I'm sorry. They weren't to Disney; but we've missed some big family trips as well. I hope things turn around for you.

While we are talking about upcoming vacations... Have any of you been to the campfire with Chip and Dale? Looking for review! Would it be worth me taking a 2 year old?
I plan on doing this next month and I will let you know before you leave.

This will be my first trip as a single parent. We (myself, DS 16, DD 14, DD 9 and DS 6) are booked at AOA from August 24-August 30. My mom will be joining us from August 26-30 for her first ever trip to WDW and as a surprise for the kids. Then just the kids and I will head over to U/O and IOA for 4 nights at the Royal Pacific Resort. The Universal portion is also a surprise for DS who is a huge Harry Potter fan! I can't wait!

I leave in a month (woo hoo). I fly out of Vancouver into Atlanta on the 10th, then drive that same day to Columbia, SC to pick up my daughter's friend. The morning of the 11th we are leaving super early with hopes of making it to WDW by 2pm. Our first two nights are at AKL Jambo, then Boardwalk for two nights, Poly, WL, VGF, and BLT each for a night, two nights at OKW, then three nights at BCV. Apparently I can commit to a hotel the same way I can commit to a man, now I wish we were staying for longer in fewer hotels but there is no longer any availability. We were going to Universal as well, but I heard last month that I was accepted into the Masters in Psychiatric Nursing program I applied to, so that money now needs to go to tuition, hopefully we make it next year.

I leave in a month (woo hoo). I fly out of Vancouver into Atlanta on the 10th, then drive that same day to Columbia, SC to pick up my daughter's friend. The morning of the 11th we are leaving super early with hopes of making it to WDW by 2pm. Our first two nights are at AKL Jambo, then Boardwalk for two nights, Poly, WL, VGF, and BLT each for a night, two nights at OKW, then three nights at BCV. Apparently I can commit to a hotel the same way I can commit to a man, now I wish we were staying for longer in fewer hotels but there is no longer any availability. We were going to Universal as well, but I heard last month that I was accepted into the Masters in Psychiatric Nursing program I applied to, so that money now needs to go to tuition, hopefully we make it next year.

Wow, that is some vacation you have there! Congrats on your nursing program acceptance.

I'll be praying something changes and y'all can still make it.

First time to WDW for all of us. Trying to do everything to make it the most magical experience I can for them.

We'll be there around the same time. I'm looking forward to our first Christmas at Disney! Hats off to you for doing it with 2 kids. I'm slightly terrified of doing the busy season with just one.

After that trip our next Disney trip won't be until October when we cruise out of NYC!

Booked at AKV. (I bought points from my parents who are DVC members). Staying September 13-17. Been to Disney all my life but this will be the first time being a single mom. I am nervous flying with her, we are from near Cleveland, Ohio. Last time we went was October 2013 when our daughter was 2 1/2 (she is now 4) but since then we divorced in January and I want to do something special with my daughter since her dad took her to Myrtle Beach last month with his family. I have no dining planned at all because I know she will not be eating much so we are going to wing it on the food. Only plan on going to the Magic Kingdom one day and maybe the MNSSHP one of the nights.

I think it's great that as single parents we can take our kids to Disney. It can be a challenge with one income but in my opinion it's worth every penny when I see the look on my kids faces.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter