Upcoming Disney Vacation(s) w/the kids?

Lol I never even got to go WDW until I was 32 and married. I fell in love with it immediately. Being a single mom is truly difficult, as all of you are obviously aware of. My kids have literally lived through things that no child should ever experience. My 19 year old is beginning her 2nd year in college and I am so incredibly proud of her. Instead of going away to a big university she chose to stay at home and go to community college so she could continue to have a daily part in her little sister's life.

I literally left my marriage with what I could fit into my best friend's car. 5 years later, we rent a nice house in a good neighborhood, I have an ok vehicle that I paid cash for, and I do it all with little to no help from my ex husband(which is fine with me lol). I got a job at my local hospital as a housekeeper and am now enrolled in college courses. I have been planning this trip for almost 2 years. We don't take regular vacations. I work overtime, use a portion of my tax return, and work at Firefly and Big Barrel, 2 big music festivals in my hometown to finance this trip. WDW is the only place I feel truly safe travelling to with my children. From the moment we step off the plane at MCO, we are under the beautiful security blanket that is WDW. We don't get to go every year like many people, so when we do go, we do it big.

What an incredible story! I used to say all the time (and I say it even more, now that I'm a mom...a single mom), "Don't pretend to know someone else's story." You are an amazing mom. I'm sure your kids appreciate how much you sacrifice for them. I don't blame you...enjoy every second of your vacation with your kids!

YAY...LOVE the new board!!!!

I will be returning to WDW with DD13 on July 29th to August 3rd. We are SUPER excited...ok...really I am super excited but I know under that cool teenage exterior there is excitement!!!:cool1:

Hi all,
So happy i've finally found a board for single parents as i often feel as though i'm the only one when i travel with my DDs.

I will be arriving at WDW on 5th September for 14 nights with my 2DD aged 8 and 15. We will have an 8 hour flight from Manchester so i have decided to begin our vacation a little earlier and stay at an airport hotel the night before :).

At the moment we have a couple of ADRs booked as we are on the DDP this year. Not much longer till i can haul the suitcases out and begin packing !!

Hi all,
So happy i've finally found a board for single parents as i often feel as though i'm the only one when i travel with my DDs.

I will be arriving at WDW on 5th September for 14 nights with my 2DD aged 8 and 15. We will have an 8 hour flight from Manchester so i have decided to begin our vacation a little earlier and stay at an airport hotel the night before :).

At the moment we have a couple of ADRs booked as we are on the DDP this year. Not much longer till i can haul the suitcases out and begin packing !!

I felt the same (feeling like the only single parent).

Your vacation sounds great!

What's "DDP"?

I took DS in June, when I discovered he is a Star Wars fan. We are going back in May, (June was too busy and too hot). I have no problem taking him out of school for a couple of days. He's bright and makes good grades.

Hi everyone! I'm heading to WDW 9/22-10/01 with DS20 & DD14, staying at POR (our first time there). It will be our first vacation all together in 5 years, last one was WDW in Oct 2010; DD and I went on another vacation 2 years ago but DS didn't want to join so I'm REALLY excited that he wanted to come along this time because it's sort of a late birthday trip for me! (My birthday is in August but have to wait for DD's fall break from school).

So nice to see so many single parents here who also enjoy going to Disney with their kids! I would've loved a board like this when my kids were little; we live in SoCal and have Disneyland APs and I would take them at least once or twice a month back when they were very young, and I often felt like the only single parent there, being surrounded by 2 parent families everywhere. It's funny, even though I'm just as much of a single parent now as I was then I don't FEEL like that any more, maybe because they're older and I'm not running around after them lol or maybe I've gotten used to it?

I'm so glad to see this board. I've been a lurker for awhile, but as soon as I saw this board created, I knew I had to join!

DS (7) and I are going Nov 30-Dec 4, as our kick-off to the Christmas season. This will be our second trip to Disney. Our first trip was 3 years ago. We went with my parents that time and this will be our first vacation just the two of us. We're staying at WL (through the construction :( - but we did get a discount, so that helps). Our trip is fairly short, so our days are jam-packed with 2 parks/day, plus squeezing in all the Christmas sights. We also have tickets to MVMCP on Dec. 2nd.

I have dining reservations at:
  • T Rex (dinner)
  • Tusker House (character breakfast)
  • Be Our Guest (early lunch)
  • San Angel Inn (Candlelight Processional dining package - Neil Patrick Harris is the narrator!)
  • Sci Fi Dine In (dinner)
I'm trying to keep it a surprise for DS, but it's proven difficult to contain my excitement and I still have 4 months to go!

Taking my DD(6) back to the world Oct 2nd - 8th!!! Last visit was April 2014 but alot has changed since then. This will be the start of a yearly tradition for us!!!

We have dining reservations at:
  • BOG lunch
  • Tusker House Brkfst
  • 1900 PF dinner
  • Sci Fi lunch
  • Mama Melrose Fantasmic lunch
cant wait to get back and forget life for a while!

I'm so glad to see this board. I've been a lurker for awhile, but as soon as I saw this board created, I knew I had to join!

DS (7) and I are going Nov 30-Dec 4, as our kick-off to the Christmas season. This will be our second trip to Disney. Our first trip was 3 years ago. We went with my parents that time and this will be our first vacation just the two of us. We're staying at WL (through the construction :( - but we did get a discount, so that helps). Our trip is fairly short, so our days are jam-packed with 2 parks/day, plus squeezing in all the Christmas sights. We also have tickets to MVMCP on Dec. 2nd.

I have dining reservations at:
  • T Rex (dinner)
  • Tusker House (character breakfast)
  • Be Our Guest (early lunch)
  • San Angel Inn (Candlelight Processional dining package - Neil Patrick Harris is the narrator!)
  • Sci Fi Dine In (dinner)
I'm trying to keep it a surprise for DS, but it's proven difficult to contain my excitement and I still have 4 months to go!

Your upcoming vacation sounds awesome!!! Welcome to the group! I'm so excited to see it grow. :)

Just booked my first Disney Cruise, Disney Fantasy August 15-22, last minute spur of the moment! Will be traveling with my DD (5).

I know it's SO last minute, but if there are any other solo parents traveling who would like to meet up while on board, feel free to send me a message!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter