Upcoming Disney Vacation(s) w/the kids?

Booked at AKV. (I bought points from my parents who are DVC members). Staying September 13-17. Been to Disney all my life but this will be the first time being a single mom. I am nervous flying with her, we are from near Cleveland, Ohio. Last time we went was October 2013 when our daughter was 2 1/2 (she is now 4) but since then we divorced in January and I want to do something special with my daughter since her dad took her to Myrtle Beach last month with his family. I have no dining planned at all because I know she will not be eating much so we are going to wing it on the food. Only plan on going to the Magic Kingdom one day and maybe the MNSSHP one of the nights.

Aww, it will be special! Disney will become you and your DD's "thing". Have fun making your own special memories. Make sure you start a little Disney tradition to continue on each of your subsequent Disney vacations. DS and I wear matching Mickey (Disney) PJs to bed each night while on vacation and eat Mickey Ice Cream Bars in bed. :)

I think it's great that as single parents we can take our kids to Disney. It can be a challenge with one income but in my opinion it's worth every penny when I see the look on my kids faces.

I agree! We definitely come up with even more ways to save!

So excited I found this site. I have been driving my self crazy trying to figure out how this is going to work. I have a trip to wdw coming up July 31-Aug 4. I know Im crazy! 2 Boys 5 and 17 months. Im going with my friend she is taking her nieces 7 and 9. We have different plans so we will only be together for certain things. Im so nervous. This is our first time at Disney! Any tips to keep my sanity? All replies are apprieciated. :headache:

So excited I found this site. I have been driving my self crazy trying to figure out how this is going to work. I have a trip to wdw coming up July 31-Aug 4. I know Im crazy! 2 Boys 5 and 17 months. Im going with my friend she is taking her nieces 7 and 9. We have different plans so we will only be together for certain things. Im so nervous. This is our first time at Disney! Any tips to keep my sanity? All replies are apprieciated. :headache:

Hi!!!! I'm so glad you found this site (specifically this forum) too! I haven't taken DS to WDW yet; however, I took him on a Disney cruise by myself a day before his 1st birthday. People thought I was crazy, but it was actually very easy, fun and most definitely memorable.

My tips:

Stay as close to their schedules as possible.

Perhaps only do a half day at the park, so you can take the kids back to the hotel room for a nap. Then, maybe have a relaxing time at the pool for the other half of the day.

Don't try to "go, go, go" and do everything. Be flexible and follow the kids' cues.

You can do it! You and the boys will have a great time. Don't stress yourself or put pressure on yourself. It's vacation...a Disney vacation, create some lasting memories with your little ones.

Welcome to the single parents' forum. :)

Our next trip is October 1-4 to Disneyland with my moms, siblings, and some friends.

Then April 1-9 2016 just my son and I will be going to WDW and staying at AKL in a value studio for a week. It's my 5th birthday present to him even though we're going a couple weeks after his birthday. Right now we are booked on a Fantasy cruise on April 9th but I'm not sure if I'll keep that or not. I'm looking at re locating and if that happens then I'll probably just take the one week off.

our next trip is October 17-25 and my mom and nephew are coming along. we are so excited last trip was just us two and we were there on his 5th birthday! this year we are doing a split stay between POP and bay lake tower.
then may 21-29 for my 30th birthday
then just us two on our 2nd Disney cruise on his 7th birthday sailing September 9, 2016
Really excited about our year!

We are going in Aug, Oct and December. I'm thinking of Star Wars Weekends in May 2016 too

Hi!!!! I'm so glad you found this site (specifically this forum) too! I haven't taken DS to WDW yet; however, I took him on a Disney cruise by myself a day before his 1st birthday. People thought I was crazy, but it was actually very easy, fun and most definitely memorable.

My tips:

Stay as close to their schedules as possible.

Perhaps only do a half day at the park, so you can take the kids back to the hotel room for a nap. Then, maybe have a relaxing time at the pool for the other half of the day.

Don't try to "go, go, go" and do everything. Be flexible and follow the kids' cues.

You can do it! You and the boys will have a great time. Don't stress yourself or put pressure on yourself. It's vacation...a Disney vacation, create some lasting memories with your little ones.

Welcome to the single parents' forum. :)

Thanks so much!

I also just found this site and forum. I just booked our first trip to WDW for 1/31 - 2/7 and I've become obsessed with planning a magical vacation for us. It will be me and my twin boys (age 5 when we travel). We were supposed to be going with another family and their son, but it looks like they won't make it. I"m a little nervous because I have one kid who loves all rides and one who only likes slow rides - I'm hoping that may change by the time of our trip.

We will be taking a surprise cruise in October on the Wonder. I'm hoping to keep it a secret from the boys until we arrive at the port! We go visit the Wonder when she's in town, so they won't be suspicious at all. It all depends on whether school will work with me or if they will spoil the surprise. The boys' granddad is going to come along on that one, which should be nice. Backup grownup!

We will also go to Disneyland, probably in September or October.

We will do 4 days in October (staying offsite) and then a wrap around our Thanksgiving week on the Dream. Our first Disney Cruise (the kids' first cruise). So excited.

My DD11 and I will be at AOA from Aug 15-20. Its her second trip to Disney (her first was when she was 5) and our first trip with just the two of us. I wanted to do one more before she started middle school! This is the first time staying onsite as well. I'm just amazed that I've saved enough to swing the trip even though I've tried to economize as much as possible while still keeping it fun. We have ADR's to BOG(lunch), 1900 Fare(dinner), Tusker House (breakfast) and Chef Mickey's(breakfast). Other than that it will be quick service which we are both fine with. Disney seems to have some good places to eat. Also ordered groceries to eat most of our breakfasts in the room and some snacks as well. Both the quick service meals and the groceries will save time and money. DD11 is pretty easygoing and we enjoy each others company so I'm looking forward to us having a good time!

My DD11 and I will be at AOA from Aug 15-20. Its her second trip to Disney (her first was when she was 5) and our first trip with just the two of us. I wanted to do one more before she started middle school! This is the first time staying onsite as well. I'm just amazed that I've saved enough to swing the trip even though I've tried to economize as much as possible while still keeping it fun. We have ADR's to BOG(lunch), 1900 Fare(dinner), Tusker House (breakfast) and Chef Mickey's(breakfast). Other than that it will be quick service which we are both fine with. Disney seems to have some good places to eat. Also ordered groceries to eat most of our breakfasts in the room and some snacks as well. Both the quick service meals and the groceries will save time and money. DD11 is pretty easygoing and we enjoy each others company so I'm looking forward to us having a good time!

That is so awesome!

Quick question, where did you order groceries? Do you have a kitchen/kitchenette in your room? I love buying groceries and cooking while on vacation. Especially breakfast, so we can sleep in. :)

Hi, I ordered groceries from Garden Grocer. I looked at a couple of others but they matched what I wanted best.Plus the earlier you order the more of a discount you get. We're just staying in a standard room, not even a coffee maker, so I ordered bagels and cream cheese for a couple of days, hard cooked eggs, juice, milk and donuts. Also got some fruit, mixed nuts and some junky kind of snack stuff. We're going eat in the room four of the mornings. Our Chef Mickey meal is so late I'm counting it as lunch.

Hello all! I'm a single mom (43) of DD19 and DD6.

We will be flying in the morning of September 16.

Staying at All Star Sports, (DD19 is a former cheerleader and LOVES ASSp)

On September 16

lunch at Planet Hollywood at 1:45 pm
checking out Disney Quest
dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe at 6:20 pm

September 17

Blizzard Beach
Beaches & Cream 6:50 pm

September 18 Epcot

Akerhaus Storybook Princess Breakfast 8:20 am
Coral Reef Lunch 12:35 pm
Garden Grill 6:45 pm

September 19 Magic Kingdom

Cinderellas Royal Table breakfast 9:05 am
Crystal Palace lunch 1:20 pm
Be Our Guest dinner 8:50 pm (still trying to find an earlier time)

September 20 Animal Kingdom

Tusker House breakfast 9:50 am
Rainforest cafe dinner 5:30 pm

September 21 DHS

Sci Fi Dine In lunch 12:55 pm
50's Prime Time dinner 6 pm

September 22 MNSSHP

1900 Park Fare breakfast 10:15 am
MNSSHP at 4 pm
DD6 is going as Cinderella
DD19 undecided
me undecided

September 23 Possible water park or day off

Ohana breakfast 10:25 am
TRex 5 pm

September 24 Magic Kingdom

Tony's Town Square lunch 12:40 pm
Be Our Guest dinner 6:35 pm

September 25

Departure Day :(

Right now we are booked on the Fantasy for April.
We were just at WDW for a quick trip in June and I'm waiting to see if there are any upcoming fall room discounts for possibly a long weekend over Halloween!

Staying with DD (8.5) at CBR 8/9-15 (will be our 6th visit to WDW, 1st at CBR). I'm calling it our "no rushing trip!" Planning lots of pool & resort down time, as well as water parks. We live out of state, but I took the plunge and bought us APs (including water parks) this year.

Going back for my birthday in late September (as a surprise), staying at ASMo (never stayed before) 9/24-28, attending MNSSHP (never been) on 9/27.

Then again over Christmas, currently booked at POP 12/21-1/2 (stayed there last year 12/25-1/2).

Hello all! I'm a single mom (43) of DD19 and DD6.

We will be flying in the morning of September 16.

Staying at All Star Sports, (DD19 is a former cheerleader and LOVES ASSp)

On September 16

lunch at Planet Hollywood at 1:45 pm
checking out Disney Quest
dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe at 6:20 pm

September 17

Blizzard Beach
Beaches & Cream 6:50 pm

September 18 Epcot

Akerhaus Storybook Princess Breakfast 8:20 am
Coral Reef Lunch 12:35 pm
Garden Grill 6:45 pm

September 19 Magic Kingdom

Cinderellas Royal Table breakfast 9:05 am
Crystal Palace lunch 1:20 pm
Be Our Guest dinner 8:50 pm (still trying to find an earlier time)

September 20 Animal Kingdom

Tusker House breakfast 9:50 am
Rainforest cafe dinner 5:30 pm

September 21 DHS

Sci Fi Dine In lunch 12:55 pm
50's Prime Time dinner 6 pm

September 22 MNSSHP

1900 Park Fare breakfast 10:15 am
MNSSHP at 4 pm
DD6 is going as Cinderella
DD19 undecided
me undecided

September 23 Possible water park or day off

Ohana breakfast 10:25 am
TRex 5 pm

September 24 Magic Kingdom

Tony's Town Square lunch 12:40 pm
Be Our Guest dinner 6:35 pm

September 25

Departure Day :(

Wow! A ten day Disney vacation! This is definitely not how we did Disney when I was growing up! A room at the Days Inn and maybe two days at Magic Kingdom. Food? Whatever hamburger and fries place that was open inside the park. Lol

Kids today are extremely blessed! I guess I'd better take notes for when I start planning DS's (1) first trip to WDW next year.

You have an incredible vacation planned. Sounds fun!!!

I am a single parent but my sons fathers mom helps me out a lot and this year we are taking her along with us so it'll be me ds6 my mom and his nana. (Confused? Don't worry me too lol) but I'm very excited for ds to experience family all around him on vacation. We go down mid September and are blessed to try the GF this one and only time. We are all very excited. And not to rush summer but I can not wait. :jumping3:

Wow! A ten day Disney vacation! This is definitely not how we did Disney when I was growing up! A room at the Days Inn and maybe two days at Magic Kingdom. Food? Whatever hamburger and fries place that was open inside the park. Lol

Kids today are extremely blessed! I guess I'd better take notes for when I start planning DS's (1) first trip to WDW next year.

You have an incredible vacation planned. Sounds fun!!!

Lol I never even got to go WDW until I was 32 and married. I fell in love with it immediately. Being a single mom is truly difficult, as all of you are obviously aware of. My kids have literally lived through things that no child should ever experience. My 19 year old is beginning her 2nd year in college and I am so incredibly proud of her. Instead of going away to a big university she chose to stay at home and go to community college so she could continue to have a daily part in her little sister's life.

I literally left my marriage with what I could fit into my best friend's car. 5 years later, we rent a nice house in a good neighborhood, I have an ok vehicle that I paid cash for, and I do it all with little to no help from my ex husband(which is fine with me lol). I got a job at my local hospital as a housekeeper and am now enrolled in college courses. I have been planning this trip for almost 2 years. We don't take regular vacations. I work overtime, use a portion of my tax return, and work at Firefly and Big Barrel, 2 big music festivals in my hometown to finance this trip. WDW is the only place I feel truly safe travelling to with my children. From the moment we step off the plane at MCO, we are under the beautiful security blanket that is WDW. We don't get to go every year like many people, so when we do go, we do it big.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter