Universal FAQ's

You're a better man than I am. Even going back other years I had an annual pass, I often forget to whip out the pass for my discounts.
Well, not always. I don't understand why (most) cart locations don't accept it. Like, I can't get a discount on X at the cart, but I CAN if I get it in the shop...

I have been looking at the menu at Cabana Bay resort, is it a long walk from RPR, they have some very good and reasonable choices !!!

Planning a first visit to Universal in November. Booked Cabana Bay. Is early entry for the whole park or just Harry Potter stuff? One park or both? DS is 6 & not interested in HP, but loves Minions. Any tips or suggestions for 1st visit welcome.

I hear that a lot. People not being interesting in Harry Potter. I have never read a book or seen a movie, but just the lands in both parks are so awesome to me! I would imagine kids would like the area regardless if they are into the franchise or not.

We will go thru if lines not ridiculous but DS is easily scared of things like that. At 6 he has no idea who HP is. I have read HP & will enjoy. DS prefers Minions & coasters.

Nothing scary in HP land except Knockturn Ally which is a very separated part of Diagon Ally. The shops are fun to see and the atmosphere is nice. I think there is more to look at in Diagon Ally than Hogsmeade.

The Hogwarts Castle can be kind of spooky for a young child with no reference points to the story line. I would save that for another time when he's a bit older.

WHOOPS! How could I forget? The fire breathing dragon can be scary and that's hard to miss. You could find youtube videos to watch of the dragon so there's no surprises, and then make a decision from there.

I don't even mean the rides. I just mean the land itself and shops. I love how Diagon Alley obscures the rest of the park.
I'm drawing a blank as to if a 6 year old is generally tall enough for the 2 main HP rides.

Oh! If you're doing both parks (doesn't sound like you are, though), the train ride at Harry Potter that connects both parks is a fun way to get there.

Two questions I am sure have been asked. 1)Is the express pass worth it? I'll be there Sept 23 and don't know if I will need it or not. 2) Which simulator rides make people sick? I don't really get sick on Mission Space Green but Star Tours gets me every time. Which ones should I watch out for.

Two questions I am sure have been asked. 1)Is the express pass worth it? I'll be there Sept 23 and don't know if I will need it or not. 2) Which simulator rides make people sick? I don't really get sick on Mission Space Green but Star Tours gets me every time. Which ones should I watch out for.
Definitely the Simpsons and Spiderman. Not sure about transformers since I haven't been to the parks since it opened. I don't get motion sick on any of the coasters but those two I mentioned bother me every time and have my stomach in knots afterwards.

Definitely the Simpsons and Spiderman. Not sure about transformers since I haven't been to the parks since it opened. I don't get motion sick on any of the coasters but those two I mentioned bother me every time and have my stomach in knots afterwards.

Thank you! I'll be sure to watch out for those two.

Simpsons for me too. Badly!!

I'm fine with coasters, and simulators that involve wearing the glasses, I'm ok with too.

FJ I can do once, maybe twice. Everyone's different though. You have to try to see.......:thumbsup2

As for EP.......wait till you see what crowds are like that day. Don't buy it ahead of time as you may not need it. You can't exchange it or get refunds.

I don't even mean the rides. I just mean the land itself and shops. I love how Diagon Alley obscures the rest of the park.
I'm drawing a blank as to if a 6 year old is generally tall enough for the 2 main HP rides.

Oh! If you're doing both parks (doesn't sound like you are, though), the train ride at Harry Potter that connects both parks is a fun way to get there.

DS is 48 inches tall, not enough for some rides which will bug him. He loves the coasters but is too short for many at Unversal. We do have park to park & will do what rides DS is big enough for in both parks. The train is a must. After minions, his next fave is trains.

Nothing scary in HP land except Knockturn Ally which is a very separated part of Diagon Ally. The shops are fun to see and the atmosphere is nice. I think there is more to look at in Diagon Ally than Hogsmeade.

The Hogwarts Castle can be kind of spooky for a young child with no reference points to the story line. I would save that for another time when he's a bit older.

WHOOPS! How could I forget? The fire breathing dragon can be scary and that's hard to miss. You could find youtube videos to watch of the dragon so there's no surprises, and then make a decision from there.

Good to know. Not sure if the dragon would scare him, but I'm not too familiar with exactly what is depicted (I have time to read up though). I was thinking of things I remember reading/seeing in the movies. Three headed dog, maybe Hagrid, Snape, Death Eaters. He's actually more sensitive to "mean" people than fictional characters. He will close his eyes if someone is getting yelled at or treated poorly in a movie.

DS is 48 inches tall, not enough for some rides which will bug him. He loves the coasters but is too short for many at Unversal. We do have park to park & will do what rides DS is big enough for in both parks. The train is a must. After minions, his next fave is trains.

Yes, the Hogwarts Express is a must. Fun little train ride between the parks.
Also, they have a kiddie roller coaster outside of HP Forbidden Journey. He may be tall enough for that one.

Is there a site or thread that does a breakdown of cost comparisons of the different hotels and with or without the Express pass and with or without tickets? I can do it in SECONDS on WDW hotels/ticket packages but the US/IOA site is NOT user friendly at all. 1st time Universal trip with an 8 year old HP freak, Husband who doesn't care what we do and 5 year old Minions/Super Hero freak. TIA. :)

there are only 3 deluxe hotels and one value at the darkside.
on the website, there is a chart of the cost comparisons and the amenities listed per park.

just to to the chart and all prices are listed by seasonal/time period rates.

the new hotel sapphire will be included soon in the chart.
(if not already)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter