Universal FAQ's

As long as you/he do not mind spoilers, there are tons of on-ride videos on YouTube. My son has trouble being convinced to try rides if he doesn't know what will happen (he hates surprises) so this helped him a lot...seeing what the ride was like. JMO :)

YouTube is a great idea for showing to folks nervous about some rides.........

I did it before our very first visit as I wanted to go on rides, but used to be so nervous about drops.......soon as I did my first drop there was no stopping me, loved it......the bigger drops the better......and the videos did help with that.......

But, yes, long as you don't mind spoilers.

As long as you/he do not mind spoilers, there are tons of on-ride videos on YouTube. My son has trouble being convinced to try rides if he doesn't know what will happen (he hates surprises) so this helped him a lot...seeing what the ride was like. JMO :)
Excellent advice! I have a nephew that will completely freak out if there are loud booms or pops (like gun shot sounds), so we watched every ride to see which we should avoid and which are OK for him.

In 2014 we didn't watch The Great Movie Ride before going to DHS. It didn't go well. So, yes, definitely watch the videos.

Anyone seen the Blue Man Group recently? Found one boards saying it was worth it and a great show, however that board was from 2007. So just curious if anyone has seen it since then, or if anyone has done the dining combo package with the tickets. Thanks!!!

i've been to it twice but did not do the combo dining package.

both times were enjoyable for me.

did it one year and skipped the next two years.
a few changes in the ending but both shows were a hoot to watch!

Never done the dining package but their show is great! We have seen them in NYC and in Orlando and enjoyed it both times. And it is a show the whole family will enjoy.

Thanks Macraven & Cleophus12!! I am think of buying the tickets as a pre-birthday trip gift. He mentioned how it might be cool to see and I was wondering if it was worth it. The regular ticket is $60 and then the dining package it $74.50, with dinner at several restaurants, and I felt the extra $14 would be worth but I may just get the regular ticket so we could eat where ever we wanted. Again, thank you for the helpful information! :thanks:

when i bought my ticket to BMG, i requested center section and the 5th row think that was the row, and end seat of the row.
it was in the poncho section and had a clear view of the faces of the BMG.

poncho, clear plastic ones, are on the seats in the poncho section.

2nd time i went did center section and the row behind the end of the poncho section.

Couldn't find a groupon :sad2: BUT... they offer student discounts and Triple AAA discounts :tiptoe: and I'll always take a discount!

yes.
glass bottles are not allowed so that would be the only restriction in bring items into the parks.

plastic bottles are fine.

Hi all! We have never been to Universal but I am thinking about a trip this February. We would be driving to Orlando and have a car. The specific dates I am considering are February 21 through February 26. We will only have our youngest child with us who is 9 but she will be almost 10 when we travel. I am considering either Cabana Bay or the new Sapphire hotel. I know those don't include the express pass thing but we are taking a vacation with all 4 of us during the summer and don't want to spend a fortune on this trip. My 9 year old also wants to see Lego Land and we might do one day at the Magic Kingdom so I am looking at a 3 day pass to Universal, one day at Lego Land and one day at the Magic Kingdom. Questions:

Can anyone guesstimate what the crowd levels will be like in February? We will be arriving the day after President's day which I know will likely be busy due to a lot of schools being closed. I wanted to avoid President's day which is why I am planning to arrive the day after. Our school has the entire week off.

Any recommendations for who to use to book a package for the best rates?

Taking into account our week, in what order would you recommend visiting the 3 parks i.e., Universal, one day at LL, and one day at MK?

What are some nice offsite hotel recommendations? I am picky about hotels and prefer newer or freshly renovated hotels.

Thank you for any assistance you can give me!

Last edited:
Saturday's will have Mardi Gras concerts at the studios in the evening so that day will have crowds

If you stay at Cbay or SF you will have EE and not have to drive everyday from an offsite hotel

Parking at onsite Cbay would be a cheaper parking rate than the garage parking charge

Help please.
Four of us are for sure going to stay onsite for 3 nights in November. My son won't know if he can take the time off until closer to the end of September.
Am I able to add a ticket to the hotel reservation later or should I wait to book the room when I know whether it will be 4 or 5 of us?

If you book room only, you can add him when you check in

If it is a package, call to add him

There will be a surcharge for more than 2 adults per night for the hotel

18 and older are adults

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts