Universal FAQ's

I thought about that, but the day I'm wanting to go is cheaper than the other days during the time I'm there ($69 vs $99+).
And I'm worried they may jack up the price before then or they could sell out (is this something to worry about? It's July 12th to be specific).

I just asked this on the WWoHP thread about that portion of the park. But have the same question about the rest of the parks...
How long do you think is "good" to get through the parks (minus WWoHP)? Planning on 3 days, 2 with EP and 1 just with early entry...

whats the dates of your trip?
that can make a difference sometimes.
(christmas to nye is crowded)

generally speaking, 3 days w/ep should be good to get a lot done in the parks

you'll see the summer crowds on those dates but the parks are open longer then.

using 3 days with ep and having a plan will be to your advantage.
using early entry also will be a plus

If I get 1 day, 1 park tickets (plus express passes for 1 park), can I upgrade to 2 park tickets/express tix and just pay he difference in the park later if we decide to?
And is there a ticket booth to do this at in the Harry Potter area? (I drawing a blank and can't remember if they have tickets there).

Thanks!

yes you can upgrade.

there is a ticket booth in pottsland where you can add to your present ticket.

reason is many want to ride the HE and can't do that unless they have the park to park ticket .

universal makes it easy for you to upgrade your ticket there instead of having to leave pottsland for a shop or guest services to upgrade.

Tm's at the entry line to HE will ask to see your park ticket before they allow you in that ride line.
it's just steps away to that ticket booth at that point.

Thanks!
One last question.
On a busy day in July (Monday the 13th to be specific), using the express pass, what are the wait times generally going to be? 5 to 15 minutes-ish? Sometimes longer?

I never used the express passes before (I'm content with single rider lines usually on busy days), but I'm with 2 family members this trip.
Just trying to get an idea of if we can breeze thru everything we want in the day.

I didn't wait more than 15 minutes for anything we rode during Memorial Day week, but we didn't attempt to ride everything - just our favorites.

We're going mid November. What are the crowds typically like that time of year?

Thanks!
One last question.
On a busy day in July (Monday the 13th to be specific), using the express pass, what are the wait times generally going to be? 5 to 15 minutes-ish? Sometimes longer?

I never used the express passes before (I'm content with single rider lines usually on busy days), but I'm with 2 family members this trip.
Just trying to get an idea of if we can breeze thru everything we want in the day.

if you run into lines, use the single rider lines as that can get you all on the ride much quicker.
if you have a younger person in your group, have them line up between the two of you.

Newbie here!

:wave2:

DH and I are tossing around the idea of extending our November trip a few days to take advantage of the 7 day, unlimited deal that is going on, but I'm totally clueless on a few things-and so far all the research I have done hasn't answered my 2 top questions:

First, there is baby swap at IOA and US, correct?
Second, we are needing to be pretty cheap-so I am thinking offsite (though I haven't researched this yet) - do any of the offsite hotels have shuttles to the parks?

I'm sure I have a million more questions...sorry if these have already been asked-haven't had a chance to read through this whole thing yet.

There is baby swap! I didn't use it because I don't have children, but in my research I found there were baby swap on most of the rides. Also, I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites on Universal Blvd 2 weeks ago. There was a shuttle to and from hotel. It was a 3rd party company, and they picked us up at 8:45 a.m., & picked us up from Universal at 7:30 p.m.(Although the bus driver only waited 1 minute for any stranglers) I pricelined the hotel, and it only came out to $59 a night so that was great! I only used the shuttle once, because I wanted to stay for the Cinematic Spectacular at closing time. I hope this helps :)

My daughter and I are going on a girls only trip and have never been before. Is there a Disney type Photo pass option to purchase ?

yes

photo connect program

check out the threads as there are a couple that are active now.

My daughter and I are going on a girls only trip and have never been before. Is there a Disney type Photo pass option to purchase ?
Yes there is! It's called Photo Connect. There are some downfalls, there aren't as many photo opportunities as DisneyWorld. I still got about 20 photos though. It also comes with a free 4x6 & 5x7. I also bought 2 keychains for $5 which i love!! The prices recently went up, but I bought a 3 day pass for $60

discounts are one thing i stay on top of.
sometimes i squeak using them.

if i bring back my refillable mug to the parks, i get the discounted cost for that refill.
on top of that i show my ap card and request the 10% discount off that refill price...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter