Universal FAQ's

Hello! Can somebody help me?
If i bought a "single park tickets" fot 2 days, Can I enter to both parks the same day? or I need to buy a "park to park ticket"?

Thank you!;)

need to buy park to park ticket in order to do both parks on the same day.

the first post was last updated in 2010 - how current are the answers? Should this still be a sticky? is there a better thread to use?

Thanks!
Todd

the first post was last updated in 2010 - how current are the answers? Should this still be a sticky? is there a better thread to use?

Thanks!
Todd
The answers should still be current but what are you wanting to know? Let's start there.

Thanks!
Todd

it's a great thing to keep this thread the way it is.
you can read back and see what has been tried compared to how UO has adjusted to guests needs.

My wife and I haven't been to US/IOA in about 17 years and we are planning to go this Aug with our 12 year old twin boys. I booked a room at Cabana Bay Beach Resort for 3 nights and have 2 day tickets. Our boys have food allergies (gluten, dairy & egg), how are US/IOA restaurants when it comes to food allergies? Are they as careful as Disney restaurants? Is there guest relations outside of the parks or only inside, once you enter? (one of our sons is autistic)

Any help would definitely be appreciated. :)

I have had good experiences w mult food allergies at universal. I usually eat at 3 Broomsticks in IOA. In Uni I usually eat at the Monsters Restaurant. I have no problems seeing chefs, getting things made safely, etc. Its like WDW with no baked goods except prepackaged. Snack carts I visited all had ingredient lists.

We are going to Universal in April. If I purchase a 3-day park to park ticket online and save $20 by purchasing it online, and then we decide to upgrade to a 4-day ticket at the park, do I pay the difference between the online 3-day and online 4-day ticket only, or do I also have to pay up the $20 savings? Thanks.

Newbie here :) planning my first trip in May! Is mardi Gras only in IoA? If so, does that mean I can't view the parade if I don't have park-to-park tickets and go to the other park that Day?

Hi folks
IOA first timer here. We're leaving for Orlando day after tomorrow and I'm trying to figure out the plan for IOA. We will have one day there (Wednesday--e rest of our days will be spent at WDW) and WWoHP is a major draw for our family. We will be staying in a Disney hotel and will not be spending $99 per person for the express pass thing.
Touring Plans predicts a crowd level of 9.8 that day. The Unofficial Guide says that on days of extreme crowds they have WWoHP roped of and distribute passes to come back at a designated time. I did a personalized touring plan on the website but it doesn't let me just stay in WWoHP until we do everything there.
What is the advice here, besides get there well in advance of park opening? Resort guests will be let in at 7 am so I would imagine it will be crowded before we ever get in.
I feel at a loss for this one and it's supposed to be the most crowded park of our trip so I want a plan!
Of course we also have a thrill ride maniac in our group so we can't forgo those rides for the sake of Harry Potter exclusively.
Any help is appreciated.

Hi folks
IOA first timer here. We're leaving for Orlando day after tomorrow and I'm trying to figure out the plan for IOA. We will have one day there (Wednesday--e rest of our days will be spent at WDW) and WWoHP is a major draw for our family. We will be staying in a Disney hotel and will not be spending $99 per person for the express pass thing.
Touring Plans predicts a crowd level of 9.8 that day. The Unofficial Guide says that on days of extreme crowds they have WWoHP roped of and distribute passes to come back at a designated time. I did a personalized touring plan on the website but it doesn't let me just stay in WWoHP until we do everything there.
What is the advice here, besides get there well in advance of park opening? Resort guests will be let in at 7 am so I would imagine it will be crowded before we ever get in.
I feel at a loss for this one and it's supposed to be the most crowded park of our trip so I want a plan!
Of course we also have a thrill ride maniac in our group so we can't forgo those rides for the sake of Harry Potter exclusively.
Any help is appreciated.

Touring Plans doesn't always do a good job or crowd predictions for Universal. I don't think that they will be giving out return passes until perhaps Easter Week. I'd expect to be let into the park at least 15 minutes before posted times. Head straight back to Forbidden Journey. Then do Dragon Challenge. Remember that Forbidden Journey and Spiderman and Hulk all have single rider lines. Take advantage of those if the lines are crazy long. Also, do not bring along any loose articles (including purses) unless someone plans on sitting out the rides. All loose articles must be stores in lockers for the roller coasters and Forbidden Journey and that can add to your time.

Universals Web site says this

Enjoy 10% off when you use any American Express Card to purchase food and beverages at Universal Orlando Resort!

Just wondering what luck people have had using this at the park. The fine print say not available at certain locations. Mostly wondering about Three Broomsticks, Confiscos, Fast food blvd, and wondering if anyone has had luck using it in city walk at Bubba Gumps, Moes, and Panda Express.

How strict are the rides regarding loose items. Can my phone and money go into a pocket. How about sunglasses. I wear my glasses all the time even on coasters (at our local theme park). Will they stop me if I have them on?

How strict are the rides regarding loose items. Can my phone and money go into a pocket. How about sunglasses. I wear my glasses all the time even on coasters (at our local theme park). Will they stop me if I have them on?

Those things are all fine.

DH and I just booked our 4 night stay at RPR in September on the UO website. I added the shuttle for $37 R/T per person. Has anyone used this feature? How does it work? What do I have to do to catch the shuttle after we grab our luggage?

Sorry about this question (newbie here):

When the parks open for Early Entry, that is strictly for Harry Potter sections correct? So everyone at the deluxe hotels that wishes to get in early will all be heading to that area Only?

Thanks for helping!

Sorry about this question (newbie here):

When the parks open for Early Entry, that is strictly for Harry Potter sections correct? So everyone at the deluxe hotels that wishes to get in early will all be heading to that area Only?

Thanks for helping!

It is generally for the Harry Potter sections but often there can be other rides included. You'll have to ask when you are there.

We are coming in September on a weekday, and are debating a 2 day/2 park ticket. However, we love shows, themes, etc., but my boys won't ride. Will be wasting our money? If we only do 1 park because we want to do SeaWorld (at least I, the mom, wants to so badly), which one - US or IoA?

Also, if I can ask 2 questions - how in the world do you do 1 day at US or IoA and 1 day at SeaWorld for less than $700??? It's crazy expensive!
Family of 4 - 2 adults, 2 kids - 9 and 12 yrs old

Thank you, in advance, for your response!

We are coming in September on a weekday, and are debating a 2 day/2 park ticket. However, we love shows, themes, etc., but my boys won't ride. Will be wasting our money? If we only do 1 park because we want to do SeaWorld (at least I, the mom, wants to so badly), which one - US or IoA?

Also, if I can ask 2 questions - how in the world do you do 1 day at US or IoA and 1 day at SeaWorld for less than $700??? It's crazy expensive!
Family of 4 - 2 adults, 2 kids - 9 and 12 yrs old

Thank you, in advance, for your response!

If you guys aren't going to ride anything, I wouldn't bother doing two days. I would do IOA if I only had one day with two boys. There is Sinbad, the Jurassic Park Discovery Centre and Playground, the Superheroes Cavalcade, Poseidan's Fury and some really tame rides.

Parks are very expensive. There's really no way around it.

Since we are visiting US/IOA three times within a years time, I am considering AP's...which will hopefully save us money on our hotel cost next May also. If I purchase AP's and do the will call option, will I be able to get the AP's ahead of park opening if we arrive half hour to one hour before the park opens? We are not getting express passes so want to get to the parks early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter