United Vacations ticket offer- same as southwest

Okay, I booked.

I noticed that there was an option to make a $100 down payment with full payment following approximately 45 days before the date that I selected (1/1/17).

Did anyone pick that option? I was thinking about it, but then decided that if they sold out, they might cancel people who only paid a deposit and not the full amount....

Also, I have received two emails so am waiting for the last email with the ticket numbers.

Thanks for the tip. I also missed the Southwest deal, but I didn't delay this time.

I ordered yesterday and paid in full. I rec'd the email with the code for linking
about 16 hours later. We're linked and ready to go.

Southwest and United contract with the same outside company to handle their vacation packages, Mark Travel Corp. Would make sense that some offers are the same. MTC handles package bookings for several airlines and a few other suppliers.

Just purchased. I waited on the SW offer because I had a Chase Sapphire card on its way and I wanted the purchase to count towards my bonus miles qualification. I was so sad when I logged onto Southwest Vacations and saw their offer was no longer there today. Thanks for posting this - I have ordered and am waiting for my confirmations. 5 adults going on this trip, so the savings and parkhopping feature of these tickets are much appreciated!

Okay, I booked.

I noticed that there was an option to make a $100 down payment with full payment following approximately 45 days before the date that I selected (1/1/17).

Did anyone pick that option? I was thinking about it, but then decided that if they sold out, they might cancel people who only paid a deposit and not the full amount....

Also, I have received two emails so am waiting for the last email with the ticket numbers.

Thank you for this information on being able to make a deposit only. I had the southwest deal and had to pay in full for a trip that was months out. This allowed me to make a deposit on non-Hopper and Hopper tickets since we are still undecided. Instead of $2800 being paid in full it only cost $400 in deposits. We now have until February of next year to decide. Maybe we'll just keep both and go twice (wishful thinking of course).

Thanks OP! I too had missed the SW version of this so just used this to grabbed my tickets for our April trip.

This was great to read! I texted my brother right away to let him know that there's still a deal on the tickets. He may have to shift funds around to take advantage of this one before the window of opportunity slams shut.

Thank you, yes, I was sick when I delayed on the other, thank you so much for posting!

I still picked the earliest dates in 2017 instead of putting it out til my actual trip date in mid-2017, only because I wanted the ticket confirmation to link to MDE earlier :)

Better hurry up and jump on this one. Buy 3 day ticket get up to 3 extra days free. This is the same as the southwest offer but now available for united. Pick activities only to just buy tickets.
http://vacations.united.com/deals/deal.aspx?deal=581&bannerid=DEL-HPR-02-DIS-161027

I think they pulled the Disney World tickets. I only see Sea World, Universal and other minor places. I'm literally at the airport ready to buy my ticket before I arrive tonight. This would have been nice since I did miss out on the Southwest deal by hours. Guess I missed another one.

UPDATE - I was able to book this. I was putting in dates starting tomorrow which didn't bring up the WDW tickets. I put in next week's date and that worked. Now I wonder if the tickets will be valid by the time I am ready to use them tonight or tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I got a united reservation number and it says I can pick up the tickets??? ***?? How do I get them on mde prior?

Was that your 3rd email or did you just get 2 emails? I think the 3rd email has the ticket number.

I think they pulled the Disney World tickets. I only see Sea World, Universal and other minor places. I'm literally at the airport ready to buy my ticket before I arrive tonight. This would have been nice since I did miss out on the Southwest deal by hours. Guess I missed another one.

UPDATE - I was able to book this. I was putting in dates starting tomorrow which didn't bring up the WDW tickets. I put in next week's date and that worked. Now I wonder if the tickets will be valid by the time I am ready to use them tonight or tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

I booked it Friday night very late and haven't got my disney number or 3rd email yet.

There is a number to call. My trip isn't until Saturday so I am not too stressed. Unlike most I could care less about booking fast passes, as I tend to just roam around and enjoy the atmosphere, especially during food and wine festival. I actually check in Sunday at BWV but will be in Orlando Saturday night.

Just got my 3rd email about 10:30am!

That is about 35 hours after booking for anyone interested, so it looks like they are getting a lot of business as one person earlier reported getting the number 16 hours after booking!

Off to link it in MDE!

FYI - Be careful what you order. I had asked for 6 day park hopper but only got 4 days. I think it was because my date range was not long enough to cover 6. I didn't realize it until I linked in MDE. United fixed it on their end, but I have to wait 24 hours for a new itinerary. So it's going to be a stressful 24 hours waiting... Here's hoping it's as easy as the phone call because MDE already has the 4 day tickets.

Also, when reading the promotion she mentioned that a hotel stay in the Orlando area was required... So I wouldn't wait, because they may be updating to match SW.

Thank you for sharing. Great deal. I do have a question...do I need to book a flight and hotel or can I just take advantage of the ticket offer? If so, can anybody explain how? We already have flights and lodging booked.

I just got my 3rd email, but it just has a single bar code and references a single reservation number - but it should be for 5 adults (amount paid $1800+). Am I missing something or is there a way to add this to MDE?

Thank you for sharing. Great deal. I do have a question...do I need to book a flight and hotel or can I just take advantage of the ticket offer? If so, can anybody explain how? We already have flights and lodging booked.
There's no need to book hotel + flight. Click on "Activities Only" from the drop down menu. Set Walt Disney World as your destination. Your dates can be as soon as next week but the stay should be at least 6 days in length if you don't want to have a problem like the PP.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter