• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining with pics! MY Number 2! 7/21!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much for the recipe. I will have to make this, look delicious!!
You are my kind of foodie. Cannot wait to read the rest.
Thanks so much!
Staci

No prob! :thumbsup2 Sounds like a lot of work, but will be worth it in the end i'm sure!

We had a great meal there and will definitely go back. The server recommended it to me but I had already planned on ordering it. I usually check out the menus on allears before we leave for WDW. My DH had the buffalo and he really liked it!!!

Have you tried Flying Fish? It's one of our favorite 2TS locations. We try to eat there every trip.

YES!! Flying Fish was awesome! That's on my list to review! :banana:

AP is the only signature restaurant we haven't been to because they have such a limited menu, may have to re-think that!;)

Yes their menu really is limited, but you've seriously gotta check this place out! It's no joke! :lmao:

That Tonga Toast looks like a heart attack on a plate,

Ahhhh who really needs to worry about a few chest pains. On my list for next time.

Enjoying report so far.

Kirsten

I am so glad that you did a review of AP.. I am thinking of making an ADR for my parents there while we are in DW.. based on your report this is def. in the lead!!

Artist's point and Narcoosees are the only two Signatures we haven't been to- I'm going to Narcoosees in May with the DISmoms, guess I'll have to squeeze in AP in September!! Your meal looked delicious!

PS- Love the No soup for you! :rotfl::thumbsup2

That Tonga Toast looks like a heart attack on a plate,

Ahhhh who really needs to worry about a few chest pains. On my list for next time.

Enjoying report so far.

Kirsten

:rotfl2: I know, right? Yeah, I mean, it's only a few skips of the heart beat..not a huge deal...lol

I am so glad that you did a review of AP.. I am thinking of making an ADR for my parents there while we are in DW.. based on your report this is def. in the lead!!

You will NOT be disappointed!

Artist's point and Narcoosees are the only two Signatures we haven't been to- I'm going to Narcoosees in May with the DISmoms, guess I'll have to squeeze in AP in September!! Your meal looked delicious!

PS- Love the No soup for you! :rotfl::thumbsup2

Gotta love Seinfeld! He's definitely given me some good material!

Count me in! Looking forward to seeing all of the desserts, yum yum yum!

I think we could be best friends! A dessert tour around the world is definitely in order! :rotfl:

Just joining in! :goodvibes I am so excited to hear about all the food you both ate a lot of your resturants are on DH and I's to do list for our next trip. I am trying to convince him to go to Kona... Tonga Toast looks SOOOOO good! I might just have to go by myself! I look forward to hearing more! :cool1:

Ok, I subscribed so you know I am interested but I leave in 20 days for 8 days on DxDP so I need you to get busy. Type away, post your pics and help me decide what to order. Chop Chop. :rolleyes1

Did I say you had me at Hello?

I'm in popcorn::

Loving the Kona breakfast, can't wait to try this out soon (only eaten dinner there twice).

AP looks quite good actually. What was the buffalo like? DF was talking about going there, but I wasn't really convinced. But after reading your review, I will defo take it into consideration.

I am a dessert girl too, can't wait to see your choices :goodvibes

I also think Artist Point ROCKS! It was by far the best meal of our trip - we were on free dining and it was definitely worth spending 2 credits for this meal!!:woohoo:

Great review of Artist Point!

I totally understand your love for this place. We went in 2008 (myself, hubby and two teenagers) and AP was hands down everybody's favourite meal experience (and boy we had some other great meals). The service and food was amazing.

It was the first place we all said we had to go back to this year - and we cannot wait! Especially after reading your review.

Can't wait to read more!:surfweb:

Just joining in! :goodvibes I am so excited to hear about all the food you both ate a lot of your resturants are on DH and I's to do list for our next trip. I am trying to convince him to go to Kona... Tonga Toast looks SOOOOO good! I might just have to go by myself! I look forward to hearing more! :cool1:

Yes! If you must, go by yourself...don't worry..you have the tonga toast to keep you company! :rotfl2:

Ok, I subscribed so you know I am interested but I leave in 20 days for 8 days on DxDP so I need you to get busy. Type away, post your pics and help me decide what to order. Chop Chop. :rolleyes1

Did I say you had me at Hello?

I'm getting right on it Bobble! And only for you okay! ;)

I'm in popcorn::

Loving the Kona breakfast, can't wait to try this out soon (only eaten dinner there twice).

AP looks quite good actually. What was the buffalo like? DF was talking about going there, but I wasn't really convinced. But after reading your review, I will defo take it into consideration.

I am a dessert girl too, can't wait to see your choices :goodvibes

Seriously the buffalo was really outstanding! But it's served best medium to medium-rare...so if you can stand then go for it! It really is delicious!

Add me to this list for more reviews. I am another gal who LOVES dessert!

Glad to see some ladies on here that are not afraid to speak up for their love of carbs and sugar!

I also think Artist Point ROCKS! It was by far the best meal of our trip - we were on free dining and it was definitely worth spending 2 credits for this meal!!:woohoo:

Honestly!!! Loved this place! Glad you do too!

I'm in! Your reviews look great. Thanks for the soup recipe. I think I'll be trying that one!

No problem! :thumbsup2

Great review of Artist Point!

I totally understand your love for this place. We went in 2008 (myself, hubby and two teenagers) and AP was hands down everybody's favourite meal experience (and boy we had some other great meals). The service and food was amazing.

It was the first place we all said we had to go back to this year - and we cannot wait! Especially after reading your review.

Can't wait to read more!:surfweb:

Oh sooo you're so lucky!!! I wish I could go back...NOW! lol!

You have deffo sold artist point to me that soup looks a
amazzzin

The soup is outrageous! You'll love it, I guarantee it!

Alright guys, here comes Flame Tree for ya!

Today was Animal Kingdom day and for some reason DH doesn’t like this park all that much. I mean he wants to spend maybe 3 hours here then bounce. But I begged for us to spend at least a whole day here so that we wouldn’t have to come back the rest of the week. So he gave me that. See, we are a very compromising couple! :love:

The only thing he asked was that we don’t waste our credits towards food there, and that we pay OOP for a counter service. I don’t know why he didn’t want to try Tusker House or Yak & Yeti. Are these places good for lunch??? :confused3

So we decide to check out Flame Tree BBQ. We liked what we saw, the cast member said that the pork sandwich was the best thing on the menu, so we took two orders.

The Pork Sandwiches are served with baked beans (8.49) and we ordered a side of onion rings (3.79) and a coke (2.49). Wait, don’t we get 2 snacks a day per person? Duh, why didn’t I get my coke as a snack?? So DH got his sprite as a snack…man, sometimes I just don’t think! This is yet ANOTHER reoccurring situation. Lol! Our sandwiches were really good suprisingly! We expected subpar theme park food, but it was nice and hot and bbq-ey! The onion rings were outrageously good! They didn't fall apart when you took a bit into it and they weren't too greasy! A definite plus!

IMG_0494.jpg

Yup, one picture…I mean really though, how many different shots and angles can I get of a pork sandwich? With beans? So I decided to take a picture of the cup to please you folks!

IMG_0498.jpg

(Insert the ooohh’s and ahhh’s here)

Heads up…the seating area is swarming with these types of birds…

IMG_0495.jpg

So if you’re scared of birds…oh well…you’re in the Animal Kingdom for goodness sake!

And just to show you how big these birds can stand, lookie here!

IMG_0497.jpg

Look at that those people feeding the birds! “Feed the birds, tuppance a bag, that’s what she cries..” Since you’re all Disney freaks like me, you should know where this one is from, right?

IMG_0496.jpg

Oh and literally a few seconds after I took this shot (sorry for the crappy pic of my DH saying I Love You…no he really wasn’t saying that...in fact quite the opposite lol…look at the hatred in his eyes), that same women that was feeding the creatures, starts FREAKING out because the birds were swarming her table!

Let’s look at that pic again, shall we???

IMG_0497.jpg

If you feed one bird, more will come! DUH!::yes::

I think after this recession is dunzo, Disney should hire cast members to just walk around the picnic areas scolding guests that feed the animals! What do you think?? I know such a bad idea, but those “Don’t feed the animals” signs aren’t doing much…drastic measures must be taken…

So I’m sorry for this short and rather dull update…it’s a counter service you know what I’m saying? So the total here with 2 pork sandwiches, 1 soda, and 1 side of onion rings comes out to 24.78 with tax. Not too shabby right?

pixiedust:You’ve just been Leshafaced!

Love it so far! And thanks for posting the recipe for the BEST soup on the planet!!

Did you and DH like the pork sandwiches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter