Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining with pics! MY Number 2! 7/21!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leshaface

DIS Veteran
Hi! We're the Crazies! :dance3:

100_0466.jpg

Image0105.jpg

Yes, we are one of the crazy couples that decided to venture beyond the Basic Dining plan and go for the Deluxe Dining Plan.

So let me just tell you right now, that when we first started planning this trip, I was the one against the Deluxe Dining plan for three reasons:

1) I'm not an appetizer person - I mean if I have to eat it I will, but ordinarily I won't order appetizers at a restaurant..i'm the one ordering dessert.

2) DH is not a dessert person :sad2: -gasp right? - he would definitely have 'real' food over anything sweet any day!

3) In order to make the Deluxe dining plan a steal, you have to have two ressies a day somewhere...whether that be a breakfast & lunch, a lunch & dinner, or a breakfast & dinner combo. With that, that means more running around the world trying to make all of our ADR's. Which means, more time eating and traveling to get there, rather than enjoying your time touring the parks.

But, I let my hubby have it his way (for once ;)) and allowed him to have the Deluxe Dining Plan.

So I'm going to be re-living my journey through food...won't you come along? It will be fun, yet exhausting, but mostly fun! :cool1:

I'll be linking up the restaurants as I complete them! Lets go!

Wed Jan 20
Breakfast @ Kona Cafe
Dinner @ Artist Point
Recipe for Smoky Portobello Mushroom Soup

Thur Jan 21
OOP @ Flame Tree BBQ
Dinner @ Hollywood Brown Derby

Fri Jan 22
Lunch @ Tony's Town Square
Dinner @ Narcoossee's

Sat Jan 23
Lunch @ Le Cellier
Dinner @ Flying Fish

Sun Jan 24
Breakfast @ Cape May Cafe
Dinner @ Yachtsmans Steakhouse

Mon Jan 25
Quick Disneyland Trip
Lunch @ Chefs de France
Dinner @ California Grill

Tues Jan 26
Lunch @ Teppan Edo
Dinner @ Citricos

Wed Jan 27
Lunch @ Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater
Dinner @ Jiko

Thurs Jan 28
Lunch @ The Wave

Photopass Pictures!

Final Thoughts: Part One!

DH's Top Picks!
Number 3

Lesha's Top Picks!
Number 3
Number 2

I’ll be using the prices from the actual receipts that I saved and not from the menus at allears.net, so there may be some conflicting price points.

Kona Café

Our very first restaurant! Yippee! I was so stoked on eating here! I’ve only heard great things about this place so I knew I made a good decision on making this our first dining experience of our 9 day trip! So we head over to the Polynesian via boat from the Magic Kingdom.

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

Such a beautiful day, but really can this boat move any faster!?! I mean HELLO! :wave2: Leshaface is here so “lay off me I’m starving!” (Chris Farley, SNL) Forgot to warn you guys, I use movie and show quotes pretty much on a daily basis, so you’ll probably be hearing some outrageous stuff come out of my mouth…well not literally out of my mouth since you’re reading this, so you’ll be reading some outrageous stuff come from my fingertips! =)

Anyways, we finally get to the Poly.:yay: Love this resort! Very themey (is this a word? :upsidedow) I love the waterfall in the middle of the lobby…just makes you feel like you’ve been sucked into a completely different world..not Disneyworld, but a Polynesian type world..you get the idea.

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

Our ADR was for 9:20am but because out boat lacked speed, we arrived there at 9:45am, and immediately started apologizing for our lateness (this will be a reoccurring situation as you will soon see..ughh, I hate being late!) They were extremely polite and did not question us once on why we were late! I was so relieved...for some reason I thought I would be punished, and be forced to jump off the second story into the waterfall or something, but this did not happen, thankfully! Phew! :worship:

We got seated at a four top, which I was grateful for. I like spreading my belongings out, and I know you ladies can concur princess:. My video camera comes out including my new DSLR, my little point and shoot, and of course my hand sanitizer.

My lovely hubby waiting patiently...

IMG_0395.jpg

The Entrees:

By recommendation of about 90% of the DIS population, I ordered the Tonga Toast- banana stuffed sourdough bread, rolled in cinnamon sugar and served with strawberry compote and your choice of ham, bacon, or sausage ~ 10.99

IMG_0396.jpg

Breakfast is my all time favorite meal of the day! I’m not sure why, but I would rather go have breakfast then lunch or dinner any day! I was extremely excited about my Tonga Toast and when it came I was salivating! I couldn’t dig into it any quicker…so filling and sweet, forget the bacon!...well actually I will have some of that bacon since you went to all that trouble to bring it out to me ;). Seriously though, the TT was enough for me! With that I got orange juice (2.29) and some coffee (2.69)…desperately needed some after that red eye with zero sleep!

The other 10% of the DIS population stated that the Big Kahuna breakfast was the way to go! French toast, macadamia-pineapple pancakes, eggs, home fried potatoes, ham, bacon, and sausage ~ 11.99

IMG_0397.jpg

Yup, definitely fatty overload, but Hi, we’re at Disneyworld, we can walk that off…well DH will have to walk that off, but I’ll walk next to him, encouraging him the whole way :laughing:. With the Deluxe Dining plan, you can get a non-alcoholic beverage of choice including coffee (2.69), so DH went with a Mega-berry smoothie – raspberry puree and nonfat yogurt blended with Odwalla berries Go Mega ~ 4.69. Very yummy and somewhat healthy…blah…I might have a degree in health, but I know when it’s okay to not be thinking healthy, and right now, healthy food is definitely not in the forefront..it’s somewhere in my occipital lobe which has nothing to do with thinking right? :upsidedow

Anways, we rolled ourselves out of there, but not before taking a pic of some of my fav characters, Lilo & Stitch! :stitch2:

IMG_0398.jpg

For those on the Deluxe Dining Plan, they take 1 credit per person, which is 2 credits total.

For those paying OOP, 2 entrees, 2 cups of coffee, and 2 non-alcoholic beverages with tax is 37.64.

So the question is, will I come here again? ABSOLUTELY! In two shakes of a Persian kittens whiskers! (Will Ferrell, SNL) A fun environment for every person in your party! You will not regret coming here for breakfast..PLUS they have real coffee! Yes, REAL COFFEE! Sold now??

P.S. I know not too many pictures, but I get way better...so gimme a break alright?? =)

We really enjoyed Kona for dinner but want to try it for breakfast this next trip and I will be ordering what you did and DH will be ordering what your DH did. It looks so good.

Now that we are back in planning mode I will be following this...

This is such a fun dining Review already - totally sold me on Kona Cafe! :thumbsup2

YES! Totally glad I sold you on it! :banana:

We really enjoyed Kona for dinner but want to try it for breakfast this next trip and I will be ordering what you did and DH will be ordering what your DH did. It looks so good.

Now that we are back in planning mode I will be following this...

Yay! The Tonga Toast is some serious stuff...seriously! ;)

Subscribing as you hit most of the resturants I will be going to in March.

Well Bobble, there is one on my list that might disappoint not only you, but everyone else, but you're gonna have to stay tuned!

But hello all the same!:wave2:

Anyone who quotes Chris Farley is a dining review I am going to follow!!!

Great start so far!!

I'm subbing! Trying to decide between DDxP and just using our TIW card when DH & I go in September- thanks for posting current prices, I really appreciate it!:thumbsup2

I love Kona, but never been there for breakfast. My DH isn't a big breakfast fan so its hard to convince to take precious park time for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter