Trip Report 1/2-1/10. Reviews & Critiques Pg 4 #57 *New*

99EBC976-39F1-4E78-9A44-1F81A925F68B-3181-0000041A36AB4E25.jpg

CAC8D427-2F95-485F-9FDB-F78AD6237956-3181-0000041A2B6C12BF.jpg

DBA9E29F-E1A3-4B41-A6A4-0AC5AAE3E6F6-3181-0000041A1A8B79D5.jpg

F0E02E45-D56D-4635-9746-693821F34369-3181-00000419F405DAED.jpg

E8A23BC5-50B1-4FD9-B565-A8099E850B65-3181-0000041AF9F875BB.jpg

EF82C1C2-348A-46B1-8770-BBC229B3C0C6-3181-0000041AF152E654.jpg

On the bus at 815 and for the second day in the row to MK THE bus was "waiting" for us. Lol. This is our latest start of our trip so far. :)
I hurried over to the Main St. Bakery since yesterday we waited about 10-15 minutes. I was the first one in today :) We wanted to do something for Nolan. I took him and Emma on the Speedway. I got a rider swap for later and since I had both kids we went around twice. They have us a flag so I could switch the drivers while I used the gas pedal. Nolan was Mr. One hander. Emma saw were close to Mad Tea Party so she wanted to go on. We walked right on the ride. We headed to Barnstormer. Crissy took Emma and I took Nolan. Nolan just made the height requirements of 36". We took a pit stop to the baby care center (nursing ). Off to frontier land next! Nice and hot here and crowds are low.

:jumping1:We are also from Rochester, NY and will be at WDW tomorrow! So it's great to be able to read about your experiences there, especially to clue us in to the weather and crowds. I enjoy looking at your photos--your children are so cute!--and I can also see how other people are dressing for the weather. There will be nine of us on this trip. We're also flying out of Buffalo due to it being less expensive. There will be me, DH, DS19, and DD and her family of her DH, DD7, DD4, DD2 and DS6months. We are staying in three rooms, at POP Century for the first time. It's the children's first time at WDW, and we can't wait!! We have an ADR set up for every day.

I hope you keep having a terrific time! :woohoo:

:jumping1:We are also from Rochester, NY and will be at WDW tomorrow! So it's great to be able to read about your experiences there, especially to clue us in to the weather and crowds. I enjoy looking at your photos--your children are so cute!--and I can also see how other people are dressing for the weather. There will be nine of us on this trip. We're also flying out of Buffalo due to it being less expensive. There will be me, DH, DS19, and DD and her family of her DH, DD7, DD4, DD2 and DS6months. We are staying in three rooms, at POP Century for the first time. It's the children's first time at WDW, and we can't wait!! We have an ADR set up for every day.

I hope you keep having a terrific time! :woohoo:

Thanks! I would love to do so much more but we are here to make the kids happy. Crowd level today was great at MK. Rides were a breeze! Buffalo was out choice because of price as well. Hope you have a great trip! Let me know if you have any questions.

We got fast passes for Jungle Cruise since it had about a 40 min wait. The wife insisted in buying a hat for Harper since it was hot and sunny but she didn't want it on her hat. So I have a Minnie hat for sale. Any takers? Country Bear Jamboree was what we headed to while we waited to for Jungle Cruise.
The kids seemed to like it. Emma liked the fat bear with the dress lol. Aladdin and Jasmine were out and we jumped in line to snag a picture. We got some real good interaction with them. I would say they did the most with the kids. Harper really like Jasmine. Off to Jungle Cruise and we had a real funny guy for our tour guide. No one was laughing because I think must people didn't speak English on our boat. A lot of Brazilians here now. We headed to get fast passes for Thunder Mountain and then went to Lunch at Pecos Bill. They don't have many options just a burger, salad or wrap. But the best thing is the condiment bar. Thunder Mountain was closed so we could use the FP later that day. The Haunted Mansion, we took the cemetery entrance. All the kids enjoyed it and really didn't get scared. The wife screamed I think though ;) Ran into Main Street Philharmonic on our way bus back to hotel for a little rest time. We thought we would do the pool but stuck in our rooms. We had reservations at Grand Floridan Cafe. We both got the steak and it was real good. We tried the dessert sampler. Chocolate Mickey was great! We rushed back to Thunder Mountain and used our fast passes while each stayed back with the kids. Emma didn't want to go on but I measured her anyways and they said she was just short but Tower of Terror was okay. Maybe 40" at HS is shorter or is MK 40" taller?... Hmmm We took off through the crowd in front of the castle to tomorrow land and did the laugh floor. I got picked! Lol. The guy with "2 heads" courtesy of Harper. They questioned me about where I was from. It was a good time lol. Emma loved it. We sat in the second row on the right side facing the screen. We rode Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. I scored 186,500. Is this good? This was so much harder to use then toy story mania. We speed walked out to our bus. Got right on tonight! They knew we were coming I guess ;) In our room and my wife is singing "Good Morning Good Morning" from the MK's rope drop lol. Please help me!!

The morning was a disaster! We left our room at 10 which was planned since we were meeting Crissy's grandma today at DTD. Bus took over 40 minutes to the BC. Ugh!!! We saw 5 MK buses and 4 AK buses before 1 DTD bus! We did meet a real nice family from B.C. Canada. I really enjoy talking with people. We stopped at boardwalk and Typhoon then got to DTD at 1115. 1 hour 15 from hotel to DTD. Then her grandma went to the wrong Wolfgang Puck! No cell phone we called the other one twice and finally they saw them. 2.5 miles away and now it's past noon. Well we finally ate spaghetti and meatballs and chicken fingers and fries. We all shared! My motto for the kids was "sharing is caring." Emma started telling Nolan this. Funny!! So DWs grandma's husband kept saying while we were eating "Wish this place was close to home." I was laughing after the 5th time. He said it every 3 minutes while we were there!!! Haha!
We took a Taxi van back to our hotel. We headed to Epcot to Japan for DW. She needed a piece of jewelry to hold the pearl. We got on the Boat to cross Epcot. Headed to The Seas ride. Walked right on. We realized last time there were divers in the pool at the end of the ride. They have dolphins too! Checked out Innovations for the first time. Seemed like more like a museum of play. We didn't stay long. Got a call from my Navy recruiter and will be getting sworn in on Jan 31. We went to the other innovations and saw the fire truck. Nolan liked that.
Went to Club cool Coca cola. Emma, Nolan and me tried all the flavors. We all agreed the Germany was the best and Beverly was the worst. We headed to Spaceship Earth and walked right on. I asked the CM at both this ride and Seas if we needed fast passes since it was so busy. Spaceship Earth guy was so out of it. The Seas guy went with it lol. Crissy got a frozen lemonade. Harper's Fav!! Lol! We went to England to the toy store and saw Marry Poppins. We decided to get some last minute beach time. I tried the big water slide. It was awesome!!! We had reservations at 620 in Italy at Via Napoli. Crissy and a pepperoni pizza and I had a mushroom pizza. Kids had spaghetti and meatballs. They had a fruit cocktail and vanilla ice cream. We had a sundae. Ice cream was par but pizza was awesome! Best pizza I've had in a long time. We sat right next to the wood burning stoves. Great view to see them make pizzas. Kids loved when they singed happy birthday (6 times). Went to Mouse Gear to get Nolan a Toy Story figurine and Emma got a princess figurine set. We decided to head back to our room and do baths for the kids and get ready to leave tomorrow. Crissy really wanted to see the illuminations but it was 830 and I told her there is always next trip ;) we got late check out @1pm board the bus at 405pm. We had 3 QD for lunch and 3TS for Cape May. We decided to go for HS after our 730 breakfast. We can take the boat or walk and not rely on the bus. Lets hope I can get Beaches & Cream ice cream sink for lunch :)

Today was our last day at Disney and we got ready for an early breakfast in our hotel at cape may cafe. We were the second family seated and all the food looked delicious. As we started to eat a lot of the food was cold and our server immediately corrected the issue and we had hot plates of Mickey waffles fresh from the kitchen! The character interactions were fantastic and I think our littlest traveler was finally warming up to them on our last day. We went back up to our room and bell services came to collect our bags that we were checking for our flight.

We headed out with intentions of going to Hollywood studios to stick close to the resort and catch the beauty and the beast show but DW saw it was closed for refurbishment so we made a last minute decision to run back to the room, pack up and check out so we could go to MK.

We were through the gates just before 10am and caught a horse drawn trolley to take us down to the castle. It was a great way to take in main st one last time before our trip ended and we headed to fantasy land. DW ran to grab some fast passes for Winnie the Pooh and we got surprise fast passes for dumbo too! Perfect as DD had been asking to go on it again. We headed towards goofy's barnstormer ride and did rider swap so each of the two kids tall enough could go on then went to meet daisy and Minnie inside the big tent and it was time for our dumbo fast pass and we quickly scooted over to the Winnie the pooh ride after. In just over an hour we had accomplished quite a bit. DW really wanted to watch the street party at 1230 so we decided to grab an early lunch and went to Pinocchio's haus again since it was close by. As DW was parking the stroller she grabbed a FP for Peter Pan. Lunch was pretty uneventful and we headed over to meet Merida since DD loves the movie Brave. The line didn't move for awhile and DW plan to see the street party was quickly going out the door. We decided to stay in line and we finished up at about 1245. Although it took awhile to meet Merida it was worth the wait. She was very chatty with the kids and too late for the street party but it was time for our Peter Pan fast pass so we started to head over there but not without first stopping for a potty break. DD accidentally dropped her rapunzel Minnie Mouse in the toilet (the one she had carried around the entire trip) and it seemed things were starting to stray from what we felt was a perfect plan of trying to cram in tons of Disney before departing. As we rounded up everything to leave we were passed by pooh bear, tigger and Alice in wonderland. DD convinced us we needed one more spin on the tea cups and no one was disagreeing so we hopped in line and got right on. DD was being a bit grumpy this time around though as she insisted on spinning the teacup but didn't quite have the strength to do so and got frustrated.

We finally found our way to Peter pans flight and just as we were about to get on the ride came to a stop. DS was getting antsy and a kind cast member asked him if he was a lost boy as he kept trying to wander away from us. She gave the kids some stickers which were a great distraction from waiting and the ride was back up again! We shot across the way to small world as the littlest one loved the ride and we sat at the front of the boat. All the kids love the ride and despite the song being stuck in all of our heads now it was quite cute to see DD sing along.
It was close to 2pm at this point and since the magical express was picking us up at 405 we decided not to chance it doing another ride. We made a quick stop at the baby care center and I took Emma to the Emporium store on Main Street. I talked to an awesome CM and they traded a NEW Minnie Mouse for her toilet bowl Minnie. We then headed out of the park. We caught a bus quickly back to beach club to wait for our departing magical express bus. While waiting we used the last of our snack credits and DW grabbed a small gift for a birthday party out daughter is attending this weekend.

We were the first ones on the Magical Express bus followed by Beach Club and CBR. Couldn't understand the driver again. Saw a divorce sign just before the airport in the grass saying $99.99 for a divorce with a number. OMG!! lol! We got to the airport on time and had to check in Harper since we didn't get a ticket for her (lap child) from BC. They yet again asked for a birth certificate but come on she is soooo little and A even close too 2! We got a small lecture and we sneaked trough the handicap area :) for our 3 little rascals. We got our final bad meal before reality (McDonalds). Plane was 10 minutes late. Harper fell asleep on me like usually. Parking was $68 and headed for our drive to Rochester. Got home at about midnight.

Pics soon of today followed by an overall prospective from a family of 5. :)

We stayed in Room 2530

C4D2F0F9-01ED-4EB2-9D5A-DF34A2EEFA8F-1017-000000C17B74A22B.jpg

The view at first was okay...at least we have a full balcony BUT...we where happy at night!
6D0D3E03-7FD2-41F0-8C36-B399E37E2522-1017-000000C16A8B01CA.jpg

Our walk to Epcot was real short as long as we used the stairs and even with a double stroller...:rotfl2:

3BCE70F8-3C56-4CD0-B947-77F05DC3CCC7-1017-000000C1847E13CA.jpg

Resort mugs had only 3 colors! It would be nice to have more colors to distinguish between each others mugs.

EA022332-1E7A-4678-BFCC-045EA7619239-1017-000000C171E576E5.jpg

Temp thermostat in room was ancient! Didnt have any idea what the temperature was

Water in showers didnt get hot! :confused3 why?!

We never got our pack and play until we had to re request it when we got in the first night.

Baby Center location at HS was horrible

Boardwalk entertainment is only on the weekend nights but NOT if it rains. This sucked because our date night on Friday and we were looking forward to it. But it rained earlier and it was still wet out

Sending packages to the room who's idea was it to use this old technology called pen and paper? Our key to the world has all the info on it...SO use it!! They say they need to have it so they can staple it the bag. I said, "print it off the computer." Hmmmm :rolleyes1 :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter