Tonga Toast help

Captain Cook's is kept warm on a heat table, and doesn't come with strawberry sauce.

I tried it at Kona's because I'd heard so much about it. I didn't think much of it - the sugar on the outside is crystallized sugar and it's crunchy which I don't like. Then I put the strawberry sauce on. Major difference. Heavenly. But without the sauce I can't eat it. And unless you are a big breakfast eater, it's definitely big enough for two IMO. I couldn't finish it.

I tried it at Kona's because I'd heard so much about it. I didn't think much of it - the sugar on the outside is crystallized sugar and it's crunchy which I don't like. Then I put the strawberry sauce on. Major difference. Heavenly. But without the sauce I can't eat it. And unless you are a big breakfast eater, it's definitely big enough for two IMO. I couldn't finish it.

I like crunch and crystallized sugar anyway. But I agree that, without the sauce, Tonga Toast is no good to me. I had it two years ago for the first time, at Captain Cooks. No good. Not something I'd order again. Had it last year at Kona. Can't wait to go back for it again. The sauce makes the difference. Yes, it is very sweet. And strawberry sauce on banana stuffed French toast sounds weird. It is wonderful!

I've had it from the QS, Capt. Cook's, and it was great. I wouldn't bother with the TS reservations, mainly because of how close you're cutting it. It would be a shame to miss out when a simpler option is available.

If you are looking to try different thing and are unsure if the Tonga Toast is enough food to split you can get the Big Kahuna as well. Although is sounds like a ton of food, this is what DW and I did when we were there. The Big Kahuna comes with the Macadamia-Pineapple Pancakes (which we thought were fantastic) and other traditional breakfast foods.

That may make it worth keeping your ADR and leaving MK for a couple hours.

Thanks everyone!!! I think we may try it..when do u think we need to be at the monorail for an 11:05 adr?

Thanks everyone!!! I think we may try it..when do u think we need to be at the monorail for an 11:05 adr?

I'd give yourself at least 40 minutes to get from MK to Poly, so leave no later than 10:25. You just never know what kind of delays you may hit. If you're early, you can check in at Kona and explore the Poly upper level lobby.

Coming from MK, I'd actually first look to the resort boat launch to see if there's a short-ish line and a boat in sight. If yes, jump in it. You'll be at Poly in 20-25 minutes. If no, keep walking up the ramp to the resort monorail line.

I've had it at both Kona and CC's and I think preferred it slightly better at Kona. You definitely have to like sweet breakfast foods for this, if your more into the savory then Tonga probably will not be your favorite. I like to have someone else order something lighter then we split and trade to balance it out.

I get one order of Macadamia Nut Pancakes and one order of Tonga Toast at Kona, cut each in half and split it with wife. That one meal probably has more sugar than I consume for the rest of the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter