Tonga Toast help

Rivergirl2005

DIS Veteran
I am trying to plan something new and I've never had Tonga Toast...is it good? Can you split it between two adults who don't eat much? i have an adr for 11:05...when would we have to leave mk to get there by 11? Would you go with this plan or just do a quick service at mk??? Please help....

Last edited:
Are they even still serving breakfast at 11:05? Seems most places switch to lunch by 11 at the latest...

It is good...very good! You may could split it, but i don't know that you both would be full. I would prob order something savory along with it to counteract all that delicious sweetness!

Oh as far as the time...you can take either monorail or boat. If it were me, I'd give myself about 30 min from the exit of the park.

Tonga toast is absolutely worth it! It is a large piece you could split if you have smaller appetites. (My husband is too stingy to share because he loves it so much!) I recommend getting it at Captain Cook's (quick serve) and eating it outside. It is MUCH cheaper. Just an fyi...it is ALOT of calories...but worth it.

If you're only going for tonga toast why don't you get it at Capt. Cook's vs Kona? That way you can get there on your own time vs. having to be there a certain time for a reservation

Tonga toast is absolutely worth it! It is a large piece you could split if you have smaller appetites. (My husband is too stingy to share because he loves it so much!) I recommend getting it at Captain Cook's (quick serve) and eating it outside. It is MUCH cheaper. Just an fyi...it is ALOT of calories...but worth it.

That's a good idea! Is there any difference between the two? The difference I saw online is captain cook stops serving at 11, while kona is 11:15, but I'm all for saving money!

That's a good idea! Is there any difference between the two? The difference I saw online is captain cook stops serving at 11, while kona is 11:15, but I'm all for saving money!
Captain cook is quick service not table service, so it will save you time. You won't be waiting for a table, then for the waitress etc. Im not sure what/ if there is a price difference for the tonga toast, but you won't be tipping anyone at captain cook.

I am trying to plan something new and I've never had Tonga Toast...is it good? Can you split it between two adults who don't eat much? i have an adr for 11:05...when would we have to leave mk to get there by 11? Would you go with this plan or just do a quick service at mk??? Please help....
If you've been at MK since rope drop, I can see leaving for a late breakfast.

But to be at Polynesian by 11:05 you may need more time than your think - exiting MK, walking to Monorail, waiting for Monorail, riding Monorail a few stops before getting to Polynesian, then getting to Kona.....for stuffed french toast that you are asking if it's 'that good'.

If Rope Drop is 8am, maybe this would work for my family....but not for stuffed french toast.

In our circle of friends & family, if there is a particular item we each want to try - we order one [1] for the table to split and everyone still gets to order another plate.

When DH and I eat at Kona we order one tonga toast and one fruit plate and share both. I always get it with bacon and I eat more of it than DH does. We also eat at Kona before we head to a park. It does take time to get to the Poly, especially at busy times and when the monorail isn't working. I have never had an issue with sharing at any WDW restaurant. Of course, this doesn't apply to buffets or shows.

Can you split it between two adults who don't eat much?

Absolutely.

We've gotten a side of scrambled eggs to "cut" the carb-y-ness of it all, and we could include another adult and we would all still be full.

But to be at Polynesian by 11:05 you may need more time than your think - exiting MK, walking to Monorail, waiting for Monorail, riding Monorail a few stops before getting to Polynesian, then getting to Kona

True.

And I've had to wait ages after checking in, so who knows what they'll be serving by the time you get a table?

Not sure what the rest of your trip is like, but for a longer trip I would consider making that a relaxed morning and starting the day at Kona then making the MK FP+s for later in the day.

Splitting it with another adult is perfect. It's a large portion for one person. The lack of strawberry sauce wouldn't matter much to me.

If you're only going for tonga toast why don't you get it at Capt. Cook's vs Kona? That way you can get there on your own time vs. having to be there a certain time for a reservation
I agree with this. I'd go to Capt.Cooks for the tonga toast. It is delicious and totally worth getting. Definitely order something savory to go along with it....i'd split both meals. One tonga toast for two people wont be enough food. Enjoy!

Tonga Toast is amazing and definitely worth it. Yes, you can split, but I'm sorry, I don't share my Tonga Toast! LOL!

Is it the same recipe at both places? Or is it slightly different?
Been wanting to try this for so long.

My family finally tried it last year (at the QS place). It was nothing like I had been lead to believe. There was hardly any banana and the inside was just uncooked bread while the outside was slightly burned. It was not good. I will save my money, and time getting to Poly, and eat my usual yogurt or eggs for breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter