Time to Plan! Mom's Club in home Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our party is tomorrow night, I am also doing funraising for Give Kids the World at my party, I have some info on it for my guests to read, it is such a wonderful organization and I thought this would be a great way to get some $$ for them. I am going to try to finsh the Mickey pizza today. Where can I get the Mickey cookie cutter?
I have been emailing my Moms with some Disney trivea questions today and I am going to give away little prizes for correct answers. I will update when I can.

I had my party on Monday morning and it was a great success! :dance3: I had 12 kids, 3 babies and 6 moms. It was a pretty good crowd. As we waited for people to arrive I had a coloring table set up and then we worked on the wish makers. Next we moved to another table for Bingo and then we had a "Goofy" relay race to help the kids burn off some energy. I had items that they needed to dress up in, race across the room and come back and help the next person get dressed. The kids loved that. Then we played a few rounds of Disney 20 questions mostly based around Disney characters. I had cut out pictures of all the characters I had cards for to help the kids guess. After the games we had cookies and pirate punch. I kept the treats and decorations simple, but nobody seemed to mind since the kids had so much fun. This was definitely one of our most successful moms & kids group activities. Very fun. :yay:

I lost my cover letter! I thought is was in my box but it is not! What is the web address for the suggestions from MMC? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! My party is tomorrow!

I forgot to include a photo with my Easter party report. I only took ONE picture! I'm such a dummy. I should have thought to hand my camera to someone.

This was one of the favors I handed out after the party. They turned out really good!

516321354_dbcXQ-M.jpg

I just finished taking the survey. I hope they'll use the survey to improve the website a little because it does have potential.

Ok so I was up till 12am last night making a Mickey head wreath for my front door and one as a prize to give away. It came out cute I will take some pics later. Now I just need to hit the food store and get the ballons filled up. In terms of the MMC survey I had 2 in my email box. I did just one, I figured that someone just hit my name 2 times. Today I got a reminder so I filled out the second one, it was slightly different than the first. The main points were the same but the wording was a little different. Not sure what, if anything this means. Off to clean my house.............:scared:

In terms of the MMC survey I had 2 in my email box. I did just one, I figured that someone just hit my name 2 times. Today I got a reminder so I filled out the second one, it was slightly different than the first. The main points were the same but the wording was a little different. Not sure what, if anything this means.

That's funny, I received 2 surveys as well, one to my mail email address that specified my name, and another to my secondary email (plus the reminder) sent to 'anonymous'....

I never thought that they'd be different...maybe I'll go take a peek at it. I did reply back on the reminder (not sure if it will just bounce back or not) that I already took the survey though...:confused3

Can anyone direct me to where we go to write about our party? I cannot find it on the website. I did get the email survey but it said that plenty of people wrote about their party. Where? TIA!:cutie:

Can anyone direct me to where we go to write about our party? I cannot find it on the website. I did get the email survey but it said that plenty of people wrote about their party. Where? TIA!:cutie:

Just a note about this...there are now *2* surveys out there right now.

The first is a general, how do you like the MMC website, etc, what are your favorite parts about Disney, etc.

The second (that I just received a couple of hours ago) was the post-In Home Celebration party survey.

I don't believe there is a way to access these surveys other than the email invite for both. I just peeked at the MMC site and don't see anything about it...I would think if it was going to be there, they would make sure we didn't miss it...

Check your spam folders, etc...do a search for "Disney Destinations" which is usually the sender for these...

Oh, one more thing since I just reread your post...and realized that I didn't answer correctly before...I wrote about my party here, on my blog, on facebook and even a couple tweets...I think that is what they mean...others also shared photos here and on other photo sites...

HTH!::MinnieMo

Hello! Just wanted to pop in and say how impressed I am with all the creative ideas on this thread! You guys are amazing!

I got the survey about how my party went today in my e-mail. I would ahve another party, there were a lot of Disney-heads up here that I couldn't invite cuz I didn't have enough stuff.

I forgot to include a photo with my Easter party report. I only took ONE picture! I'm such a dummy. I should have thought to hand my camera to someone.

This was one of the favors I handed out after the party. They turned out really good!

516321354_dbcXQ-M.jpg

I just finished taking the survey. I hope they'll use the survey to improve the website a little because it does have potential.

We must have been separated at birth...I am also a massive planner and I just finished making the same rice krispie mickey heads for party favours for tomorrow! I'm doing the Boma pasta salad in the morning, have the fixings for beef yorkshires, friends are bringing a buffalo chicken wing dip and veggies and dip. We're drinking Kungaloosh and will truly enjoy them 'cause the forecast is fantastic (calling for 27 degrees)! The kids get to make fix your own Mickey head pizzas. We are going to have a great time! I'll post some pics soon...

Here's a neat favour for anyone still not yet partied...on the Disney site in the magic creator area you can create a story for each child. There are several options, Goofy, Incredibles, Nemo, Lilo & Stitch and more...you are asked for the child's name, city, favourite food and who the story is from...some of them even ask for more detail like best friend's name. The Incredibles story is a birthday one...one of the kids attending tomorrow has his birthday on Sunday, so I did that one up for him. I can't wait to see how much they love these! So much fun...I love a theme, especially a Disney one!

516321354_dbcXQ-M.jpg

I made the very same ones today! My party is tomorrow. Here is what I have planned:

We are doing a BBQ w/burgers and dogs, since it is going to be around 75 degrees
veggie platter
Mickey cheese & Townhouse crackers
"Mickey" trail mix (red and yellow M&Ms, Junior mints and mini-marshmallows) (My son came up with this one)

We will play bingo, make the wishmakers and play Dance Dance Revolution Disney Grooves on the Wii.

I plan to have the WDW video on as well as some Disney music playing.

The kids will get the goodie bags. Parents will get the b/w litos and all will receive a Mickey rice krispie treat.

Looking forward to a good time! I will post some pics tomorrow!

I just finished making all my rice crispies and I will drizzle them with chocolate tomorrow and drown them in m&ms and candy (like goofy's candy co) in the a.m.:goodvibes

My party is tomorrow afternoon and honestly, I was a little bit surprised at the HUGE postive responses I got from everyone. Everyone I asked was like, "YESSSS!!!! we'll be there!" I'll have a full house and I'm really excited!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheer2::cheer2::dance3::yay: These moms were very ready to learn about Disney and how do vacation there!princess:

I still wish we were given a code or something to offer all these moms to book vacations with. :idea: Maybe Disney will send them a PIN code. Something!
:rolleyes1

We had our party yesterday and it was so much fun. :cool1: Everyone came in their Disney duds and some wore their Mickey ears. We had the house decorated and I bought Mickey plates, etc.. to add to the theme. I put out one of our planning books, the Celebration and D23 magazines and even a Mickey Kleenex box I've had hanging around! The littlest boy told his mom on the way home that he would like to live next door to us! How cute is that? :lovestruc

We played the bingo and trivia games, which were a hit, with prizes for winners (Dollarstore Disney items). The kids coloured and wore the hats, taking the wishmakers home with them. We talked Disney thoroughly as we're all Disney fans and everyone learned something new from someone. The personalized Disney storybooks I had printed from the Disney site were a hit...the kids loved them and they were so willing to believe that the character had sent them the book :upsidedow (ie. The Dash to Tyler's Birthday, sent by Dash featuring the Incredibles and Christopher Saves the Day, sent by Stitch featuring Lilo and Stitch, just to name two of them). Everyone was amazed by all of the things the box contained and absolutely loved the lithos and the goodie bags. They loved the brochure with all of the maps in one...especially the kids (DS will put it in his school backpack for sure). I also found a funny printout with five character finger puppets for everyone to cut out...we thought using them at our Disney family planning meetings would be fun...one person can be Mickey, one Donald...you get the idea. Just adds to the fun and anticipation. :wizard:

As for food, we had hidden mickey tortilla rolls (my friend is very clever...she sliced the tortillas, sat them on their sides and added tiny pickle rounds for the ears), Mickey pretzels, a veggie tray, Boma pasta salad, buffalo chicken wing dip (really could be a meal in itself and so tasty), beef yorkies, make-your-own Mickey head pizzas for the kids and chocolate cake decorated with candy Mickey heads and Mickey, Minnie and Pluto figures. I made up the Mickey shaped rice krispies with the ears dipped in chocolate for guests to take home and to have some more Disney magic today. Of course, DH has to drop them off with a couple of serving dishes, 'cause in all the commotion of leaving I forgot them in the fridge!!! :thumbsup2 Too funny!

I responded to the party survey last night and had received the other survey about things that may come about with the Mickey Moms Club in the future. All in all, I have a great feeling about all of this...I have no issues with promoting Disney and with some perks it sure would be a great added bonus to talking about something we already love so much! :woohoo:

My party was Sunday afternoon.

IT WAS FANTATIC!:wizard:

I had a great group of people. 10 kids and 8 moms. The kids had so much fun just running around the house with the balloons!party:

I served Mickey Rice Crispie treats and 2 snack/dips for the moms. I brought out my Official Guides/Unofficial Guides and all my DVC materials and other Disney Planning books I have and everyone went thru them and asked a lot of questions. It was very productive!

We put on the planning DVD near the end, and some of the kids really loved it. The moms made the wish makers for the kids, we didn't really do any "games" since the oldest kid that was at the party was 6 and they were not interested in sitting down AT ALL.

I think everyone had a really good time and I'm so pleased to be able to share all the Disney fun that we love.... with my best friends! It was a great experience.

Thank you MMC! :goodvibes

We had our party this past Saturday and it was a lot of fun. I'm not normally one for doing these types of parties but talking about Disney was really easy and I was in my element (according to my friends, lol).

I had the planning DVD playing on the tv and that sparked a bunch of questions and conversations. We played the bingo and trivia which were both fun and the kids actually spent most of their time out in the backyard on the swingset. I had made mini chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches and chocolate dipped M&M covered pretzel sticks, had chips and salsa in Mickey Mouse shaped containers, Chex mix, fruit and of course the yummy punch that was in the MMC letter. The only downside to having a Disney Celebration party was that now my DH & I are really wanting to go back to WDW right now. We have a trip planned for December but that seems sooooooo far away.

Here is a picture of the kitchen island with the photo album, that I filled with pictures from our March '09 trip and our Dec. '08 trip, and other WDW stuff that I have around the house.

WDWParty04.jpg
and
WDWParty01.jpg

Bumping this thread with the 3-16-10 Moms Club email announcing more in-home celebrations! It appears the first 1000 to respond get the boxes, though they are also asking essay questions too :confused3. After applying, I received a response saying we would be notified on or around March 31st.

I'm looking forward to seeing more great Disney party ideas! :thumbsup2

Good luck all! :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter