Time to Plan! Mom's Club in home Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was tweeted out by Laura:

Are you a member of the MMC? Did you get an IHC box? If you know what I'm talking about check the site on 4/20.
about 17 hours ago from web

Maybe the survey will be up then?:idea:

I am a bit late on jumping in here! I too received the party box but unfortunately my Mom has been in ICU since March 20th. I don't know when I can do a party at this point. We will definitely celebrate when she gets home! I will do the survey if I can. Have fun all!

Just had my party. Everyone has gone home and I am cleaning up.
I will try to post pictures tomorrow. It was so much fun!

I am a bit late on jumping in here! I too received the party box but unfortunately my Mom has been in ICU since March 20th. I don't know when I can do a party at this point. We will definitely celebrate when she gets home! I will do the survey if I can. Have fun all!

Hope your Mom gets better soon and her return home will definitely be a reason to party. :grouphug:

I hosted the Disney In-home Celebration yesterday and it was FUN! :cheer2: I invited 10 Moms from my daughter's elementary school, Girl Scouts, and a few with upcoming Disney trips. Well, 8 attended. My girls helped me make Mickey shaped Rice Krispie treats with the ears dipped in Semi-sweet chocolate. We made pretzel sticks dipped in chocolate and coated with sprinkles. We also made the marshmallows just like the pretzels. I went to the Candy store and bought ring pops, candy dots, and swirly lollipops. Costco sells Mickey shaped Chicken nuggets, so we had those and cold cut sandwiches made on dinner rolls with a marshmallow toothpick topper. I put out dip cups for the BBQ sauces, honey mustard, and ketchup. I made Fizzy Delight punch. I also made name badges and had tortilla chips with spinach dip, cheese dip and salsa. We played Disney Bingo and a trivia game. We also made Wish makers. I had Disney music playing in the background. We put balloons up in front of the house to let everyone know where the party was! :laughing:

Everyone said that they did not know what to expect, but really enjoyed and were glad that they had come! I had such a good time. And my oldest daughter complimented me and said that the spread was like when we go to Chicago for the Doorway to Dreams. Now, that made me so happy. I wanted to spread the Disney Magic and I feel like I accomplished my goal! :woohoo:

Here are a few photos:
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll88/disneysunflower/Disney%20In-home%20Celebration/DSCN0878.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll88/disneysunflower/Disney%20In-home%20Celebration/DSCN0876.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll88/disneysunflower/Disney%20In-home%20Celebration/DSCN0883.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll88/disneysunflower/Disney%20In-home%20Celebration/DSCN0880.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll88/disneysunflower/Disney%20In-home%20Celebration/DSCN0881.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll88/disneysunflower/Disney%20In-home%20Celebration/DSCN0882.jpg

My party is this coming Saturday (4/25) and I plan on having chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches on hand. We are in FL so it is already pretty warm and I am sure that the kids will appreciate them as they will primarily be in the backyard. I'd like to make them prior to Saturday just to save some time on Saturday morning but I'm not sure what would be too early. If I make them tonight and individually wrap them would they be alright or would they get funky?

Anyone? TIA!

I'm in the planning stages for my party next Sunday. I loved the idea a PP had about red, yellow, black and white M&Ms. Well, I went to pick some up at a local candy store, and imagine my surprise when the colors were 12.95 a pound!!!

I think I will just buy some Junior mints for one dish, and separate a bag of M&M's to take out the red and yellow.

Anybody have any other ideas on where to get black and white M&Ms cheaper??

I'm in the planning stages for my party next Sunday. I loved the idea a PP had about red, yellow, black and white M&Ms. Well, I went to pick some up at a local candy store, and imagine my surprise when the colors were 12.95 a pound!!!

I think I will just buy some Junior mints for one dish, and separate a bag of M&M's to take out the red and yellow.

I know what you mean about the $12.95 per pound for the colored M&Ms! :scared1: I went to my local candy store and the store owner was keeping an eye on me like those M&Ms were gold! I can't imagine if someone accidentally pulled the handle and dumped a whole pound of each color into the bag not realizing how much they cost!

I finally got to upload party pictures. I had 5 adults and 4 kids.
We did crafts such as headband tiaras and paper flower corsages. We also made the wish makers and played Disney bingo. We played the old Mickey cartoons on DVD and listened to Disney music. Everyone made their own pizzas and for snacks we had dips and chips. I also made the recipe for the pasta salad from Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge. It was a huge success and a lot of fun. Here is a link to my pictures:

http://s656.photobucket.com/albums/uu282/famsen_photos/

I received a link in my email to take a survey about the MMC. Possible rewards or incentives in the future.:banana:

I got the email to but it said my quota group was full. I am interested to hear from anyone who was able to complete the survey what it was all about.

Also, we had our party last Thursday night. We celebrated my mom's pre-60th birthday party. It was mainly adults but everyone loved the goodie bags. We had been planning a big celebration trip for her birthday in September but have canceled due to some job layoffs in our family. This was a great opportunity to bring the magic to her.

I got the email with the link to the site survey. I just finished it.:cool1:

It was basically asking what parts of the WDWMP web site you use the most, do you send others to the site, and if so how do you send them there.

It asked what you liked the most and the least and asked for suggestions to improve the site.

It hinted at possible incentives in the future.

I am still waiting for the survey about the party. Has anyone gotten that one yet?:confused3

Some of the hints of the incentive were possible meeting for MMC, able to purchase mmc merchandise, and my farovite special viewing for firework shows.
Also said something about rewards if you were to send people info from the site or something like that.

Thanks for the information. All of that sounds really cool. I would love any and all of it.:yay:

I bought mine at my local Party City...they were just under $5 each originally, but I happen to catch a sale, 2 for $5, so I grabbed 4 of them. Maybe check your party store to see if you can find a better deal...these were just the small bags of them.

How come not everyone got to participate in the survey ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter