Time to Plan! Mom's Club in home Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmillerbarilla

DIS Veteran
Hey ladies!:wave2:

Thought this would be a good place for us to share ideas and encourage each other as we plan for our in-home celebrations!party:

The other thread was getting long, and this way we can start sharing our plans!:grouphug:

I for one have been going over a list of who I want to invite. Did any of you check out the link in the email about plan ideas and recipes? They sound easy and reasonable. I think this will be great fun!:cloud9:

Okay, join in!:goodvibes

Hi,

Great idea to start a new thread. I am so excited about this and can't believe I got picked. I started some preliminary planning and have an idea of a guest list. I also checked out the website and am going to use the drink recipe and also make the ice cream sandwiches. We have planned a tentative date of April 4 which is two weeks before our trip to the world. What a perfect way to celebrate our trip. I can't wait for the kit to come in the mail. :banana: Happy planning everyone!!

Thanks for starting the new thread! I'm excited to see what comes in the kit and to get started planning the party. I can't wait to hear other people's ideas on hosting the party too.

Hi,

Great idea to start a new thread. I am so excited about this and can't believe I got picked. I started some preliminary planning and have an idea of a guest list. I also checked out the website and am going to use the drink recipe and also make the ice cream sandwiches. We have planned a tentative date of April 4 which is two weeks before our trip to the world. What a perfect way to celebrate our trip. I can't wait for the kit to come in the mail. :banana: Happy planning everyone!!

yay! thanks! I have some ideas on who to invite, but it is still coming together! I also loved the ice cream sandwich recipe. I thought I'd make those and the mini pizzas. I have a Mickey shaped cookie cutter that I could cut tortillas with and then I could make Mickey pizzas. Fun!:upsidedow

Thanks for starting the new thread! I'm excited to see what comes in the kit and to get started planning the party. I can't wait to hear other people's ideas on hosting the party too.

I can't wait for the kit too. The website had all those games and projects... do you think we'll be getting those in our kits or will we have to print thsoe out?

I hope we get some Mickey Balloons too!:banana:

I'm hoping that we get some Mickey Balloons to blow up for the party ! I never buy them since we are usually staying at AKV's and we can't have balloons there. Also, they would be a pain to take on the plane. Maybe Next January, I can move us from AKV and we can get one or two since we will be driving.

I'm thinking April 4th weekend too. Now, do I invite my die-hard Disney friends, or the ones who always talk about going but have never actually made it?

Hi Friends - so excited to be planning this Disney Party!

I think I'm going to do it for my DH - he turns 44 next week and is a huge Disney freak. We have tons of neices & nephews - so I think it will be fun.

But I need help! I'm excited to see what Disney provides us, but I'm sure you all have some creative ideas too... I used to be creative, but I work so darn much that I feel so sapped of creativity at the end of the day.

I welcome any fun & easy ideas!

I'm not sure who is more excite. DD or myself! Of course my darling DH doesn't get it....he was totally confused when I started bouncing about winning!

I didn't have to much of a chance to bask in the Disney Magic last night (missing stroller in our swap-FOUND IT) but this morning...LOOOOOK OUT!

I've got a notebook and the juices are flowing!

After checking out the website listed in the email I am definately thinking that this is a party that is going to be very similiar to a Pampered Chef, Southern Living, etc. type party and not a party-party, kwim. I have some friends that regularly go to WDW, some that haven't been in years and some that just roll their eyes when they ask me where we are going next (as if they need to ask, lol) and those are the people that I'll invite. I'll also invite some of the neighbors that have small kids and some of the people that I know that are naysayers about Disney vacations.

I'm not going to make a party plan until after I get the package to see what all is included and what direction it takes me. But I am thinking that an activity from at least half of the "celebrations" (depending on who will be coming) and a few of the foods will be on the agenda.

With my luck the package will get here on Saturday when we'll be in WDW. :) Hopefully it'll get here by Thursday so I can look through it on the drive down.

I looked around the website a bit last night. I have a date set (because I have a friend that wants to come but she lives 8 hours ago, so I am doing it when she can come.) Now, to narrow it down to 10 adults and 10 kids. That is going to be difficult, but I will manage! I am kind of surprised they wanted to see how many parents we are in contact with since the number is kind of small, but I am happy to narrow it down to close friends. Here I went on about being a Girls Scout leader for all my girls, that I sub at a pre-school, I face paint at family night at a local restaurant, and on and on, but it all must have worked! None of those people are going to be getting invited because of the limited numbers, but it might have helped.

I can't wait to get the package. I am so excited to see what is in it. It is going to be like Christmas (maybe better!)

Congrats everyone, can't wait to hear your ideas and share mine!

I have at least three people from school that I will be inviting. They are HUGE disney fans like me. I'm not sure how to get the 10 parents/10 kids thing cuz most of my freinds have more than 2 kids I'm pretty sure it will be that first weekend in April, which means I'll also have all 4 of my kids here that weekend.

I can't wait to see what's in it so I can plan who's coming and what else I'll need to do.

The kids outnumbering the adults is my worry to. Plus I have my 3 kids. I was thinking about making it adults only and letting each kid invite 2 friends but that make make for some hurt feelings if the moms I invite some kids are also invited and that will happen. We will have to figure it out...:confused3

We have a baby due in early April, so I was thinking of doing something for that, but then thought of hosting a "Planning Party," for our December trip. We are traveling with another family, and this will be their first visit. They have five children as well, so I think this will be a fun expereince for all! :cool1:

After checking out the website listed in the email I am definately thinking that this is a party that is going to be very similiar to a Pampered Chef, Southern Living, etc. type party and not a party-party, kwim. I have some friends that regularly go to WDW, some that haven't been in years and some that just roll their eyes when they ask me where we are going next (as if they need to ask, lol) and those are the people that I'll invite. I'll also invite some of the neighbors that have small kids and some of the people that I know that are naysayers about Disney vacations.

I'm not going to make a party plan until after I get the package to see what all is included and what direction it takes me. But I am thinking that an activity from at least half of the "celebrations" (depending on who will be coming) and a few of the foods will be on the agenda.

With my luck the package will get here on Saturday when we'll be in WDW. :) Hopefully it'll get here by Thursday so I can look through it on the drive down.

You know, I wonder if you are right. What a way to market it.:rotfl: Like they are giving us some sort of prize but in reality we are working for them. I will wait to see what comes in the box but I was a little disappointed after going through the link. I bet you are right though.:headache:

I am having trouble keeping the number of kids down too! My DS and DD are already asking "Can we invite xxx?" I am glad they are just as excited as I am but I need to limit this to an amount my house can comfortably hold. 10 adults usually means 20-25 children with them!:)

You know, I wonder if you are right. What a way to market it.:rotfl: Like they are giving us some sort of prize but in reality we are working for them. I will wait to see what comes in the box but I was a little disappointed after going through the link. I bet you are right though.:headache:

Well, that's kind of what I expected it to be when I applied.
I really don't mind though because you can make it what you want it to be anyway and they said we get a gift for hosting.
No matter what, I think it will be fun to have a Disney themed get together.

Well, that's kind of what I expected it to be when I applied.
I really don't mind though because you can make it what you want it to be anyway and they said we get a gift for hosting.
No matter what, I think it will be fun to have a Disney themed get together.

I agree. in fact when I was telling DH I said I bet that is what it was like (Tupperware type thing). He said good, maybe we will be their pilot hosesses and can start holding regular parties for $. I said that would be AWESOME! I could use the $$$! I think that would be soooo cool, but I doubt that's going to happen.

I have a couple of neighbors who have a vacation coming up in June, so I will be inviting them. I have other neighbors who took their first trip last May, and their kids are obsessed with going back. I'll invite them as well. I looked at the party site, and I liked the recipes, but I think I'll also make some WDW food, like tye-dye cheesecake from Pop or Oreo bon-bons from Cape May.

This thread is just what I was looking for.
I think I'll wait on my plans too until the goodie box comes.
Seeing what they have provided will help me decide what type of party and who to invite. But keep the ideas coming. I really liked the one about using the mickey shape cookie cutter to cut the tortilla shells for the pizza. I have one of those to that I could use too.

Not knowing anything about this - what would you be "selling"? Feel free to PM me if this questions takes the thread OT.

PS-anyone who needs a guest with a son (well two, but I can bring just one) in the southwestern section of Ohio, just hollar. :)

Joining in the planning fun...:cool1:

I think I'll have it on April 4th. I'm so torn over who to invite...right now I'm at 16 adults and 14 kids. Maybe I can stretch some of the goodies by giving them as a family gift rather than to each person attending. I might have to wait until the box arrives before inviting everyone.

We're getting new windows for our house, and I just postponed the installation for my Disney party...I've got my priorities :rotfl:

Keep the ideas coming! :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter