Ticket price increase

Most likely they wouldn't do it do already purchased tickets.

As for guesses on ticket prices I could see MK going up to maybe $115-120 single day ticket and the other three parks going to where MK is now at $105.

How is the price difference between parks currently being handled for multi day tickets?

Thank you. If they place new restrictions on the newly priced tickets, is there any chance they could retroactively place them upon previously sold tickets? Im thinking not, but I am not much of a risk taker!

And based on past price raises, anyone care to venture a guess as to what ticket prices could rise to?

They have never retroactively put restrictions on tickets.

The only sorta exception - and it really isn't - was that tickets purchased prior to animal
Kingdom could not be used there. But it didn't exist at the time the ticket was purchased.

What ticket prices could go to? It's hard to tell...

But as many excuses I read almost daily as to it "always was this way!"

It was not like it has been the last couple years...and seems to be going to far the other way.

If you look at the the ticket prices...there were 2 or 3 year periods sometimes where the prices stayed the same.

And then the increases of base prices during the housing crash. They just Wooled everyone with steep temporary discounts...

So did everyone enjoy that Cheap free dining trip in 2011? What a deal!!

We all Will pay for it forever. Kohls pricing.

The corporate philosophy seems to be to push it more than before. Only the consumer can stop it. The reality is that all our fingers are on the button.

So far there is no difference on multidays tickets/passes based on individual parks or time of year...

...get your popcorn on that.

Like you mean, all older tickets will be strictly "bronze" . . . . . . . . . . ?

And here's another question ... if "no expiry" tickets were abolished because they're such a difficult and tricky accounting liability ... then did they also abolish Disney bucks and Disney gift cards? Or are those ones "ok" because even when not lost and forgotten at the bottom of kids' drawers, their real-dollar liability steadily decreases through the magic of inflation? Whereas no-expiry tickets are hated because they represent a true store of value fairly exchanged for a fair price?

popcorn::

Like you mean, all older tickets will be strictly "bronze" . . . . . . . . . . ?

And here's another question ... if "no expiry" tickets were abolished because they're such a difficult and tricky accounting liability ... then did they also abolish Disney bucks and Disney gift cards? Or are those ones "ok" because even when not lost and forgotten at the bottom of kids' drawers, their real-dollar liability steadily decreases through the magic of inflation? Whereas no-expiry tickets are hated because they represent a true store of value fairly exchanged for a fair price?

popcorn::

I think the real pig move on the no expiration ticket is that somehow they are "losing money" by allowing them.

If I bought a 4 day paper hopper in 1992 for $96 dollars - or whatever it was - and used two days...Disney doesn't "lose" a damn cent if I go to Epcot with them today.

Why? Because just like a Savings account, they had my money to invest/use in a whole slew of things that has made them money every day since I purchased it. Building animal kingdom...buying abc...purchasing marvel...some
Little movie company that makes sci fi films...

It's really just Wall Street greed and flimsy excuses...as usual

Extend the park hours a bit to spread the crowds, Id much rather be there later in the evening than trying to get everyone to a rope drop, so my place in the line in the morning can go to someone else. If they did open longer Im sure Disney would raise the price again but I wouldn't mind shaving some time of the lines for that.

Extending park hours costs them money, raising ticket prices makes them money...

And to be fair I don't actually think that extend park hours would really impact crowds that much because so many people don't want to get up early and families generally don't want to be there very late.

Extending park hours costs them money, raising ticket prices makes them money...

And to be fair I don't actually think that extend park hours would really impact crowds that much because so many people don't want to get up early and families generally don't want to be there very late.

100%

All their moves for the last ten years have been to decrease operational costs while increasing revenues and profits.

See: DISNEY SPRINGS

Europa Park in Germany extend their opening hours most days in the summer depending on how busy it is. By about 2.30pm there will be an announcement detailing what time it will be open to. I also disagree that it will not help with crowds, many people just don't want to get there early and prefer later finishes.

That being said Europa are a family owned theme park and not answerable to shareholders / profits like Disney

Europa Park in Germany extend their opening hours most days in the summer depending on how busy it is. By about 2.30pm there will be an announcement detailing what time it will be open to. I also disagree that it will not help with crowds, many people just don't want to get there early and prefer later finishes.

That being said Europa are a family owned theme park and not answerable to shareholders / profits like Disney

I'm not saying it's impossible to do. In fact Disney do it in various ways. They have their Extra Magic Hours and they do the occasional 24 hour day. I'm just saying why they would prefer to put up ticket prices. It's a better deal for them. Regardless of how the PR spins it, that's what it's really all about.

And I'm not sure how we'd quantify this but I do feel pretty confident that barring special events (Christmas parties etc.) the busy times would remain much the same in the parks regardless of opening hours.

Disney extends Magic Kingdom hours frequently. When the park is crowded, they'll change the closing time, making an announcement during the day.

That's a great point. They're answerable for profits ... but in the LONG term. They won't make moves which will squeeze cash out of existing, loyal customers in the short term but which will harm their reputation in the long term, because they expect that their heirs will be running the park for decades after them.

Unlike a certain, very large US based, publicly traded corporation I could name ... that has a lame-duck CEO already slated to be retiring soon, and whose golden handshake is most likely going to be strongly based on the share price performance during the next couple of years as he runs out the clock.

This might explain why many of the policies and so-called innovations are going down at WDW the way they are. Crowd cramming, ride rationing, slowness to fix/update/add attractions, aggressive rollout of technology for HR minimization and crowd-tracking, and price increases to da max.

The trouble is that the money pit that Disney keeps taking more from isn't endless. I'm sure that they have their brightest and best (whatever that means) analyzing what the market will bear but regardless of popularity people have their limits.

The whole we are increasing ticket prices to control crowds is bs. If crowds were such a concern why did they start building another dvc addition at wilderness lodge.

If you want to control crowds why would you build more rooms to fill. That only increases crowds.

This is strictly we are raising prices because we can. Just like they did with AP rates that went up 2x this year. And they spun it that they are increasing benefits and giving ap holders photo pass. Of course with my family of 4 I now are forced to buy 4 photo passes when I get my AP. How does that benefit anyone but Disney

The whole we are increasing ticket prices to control crowds is bs. If crowds were such a concern why did they start building another dvc addition at wilderness lodge.

If you want to control crowds why would you build more rooms to fill. That only increases crowds.

This is strictly we are raising prices because we can. Just like they did with AP rates that went up 2x this year. And they spun it that they are increasing benefits and giving ap holders photo pass. Of course with my family of 4 I now are forced to buy 4 photo passes when I get my AP. How does that benefit anyone but Disney

I don't believe they ever claimed that they were jacking APs 32% in a year to control crowds...that was Disneyland bs...

In the swamp..."controlling crowds" is the cover story for the tiered tickets that they've been incubating like mother goose.

It's about as subtle as the Reichstag Fire

I don't still have the email but I could swear crowds were referenced. Could be wrong but APs do have blackout dates now which is tiering for APs

Raising prices do impact attendance, but the misconception is some theory that Disney wants attendance to go down. That is not the goal of raising prices. Raising prices is to keep the growth rate from getting out of control. The ultimate problem for Disney is a sell out where there are people left outside the park that would gladly have spent an extra $50 to be inside the park. Even trying to temper growth is difficult because the skyrocketing growth in vacation dollar spending. To truly reduce the number of people would require a ticket price increase so high it would tarnish the Disney image (scary to think about). The sad part is you now have more people who want to go to Disney than they could ever handle. To reduce that number to something they can handle requires some families to be priced out of enjoying Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter