Three weeks to the cruise and my wife still doesn't know!

Well 12/05 and all is quiet, she knows nothing. No news has been shared, life is proceeding normally.

So what I decided to do is, go to the California Grill up at the top of the Contemporary, Monday 12/06 at 7:45pm and have dinner there, just the two of us (and anyone else that wants to come watch). Sometime during dinner, after the fireworks, I'm going to excuse myself and head to the restroom. At that point I'll hook up with our server and give them a card and an envelope. The card will be addressed to Mrs Rkdahl and the envelope will be our cruise documents opened to the itinerary/dates page. I'm going to ask the waiter to deliver these during desert sometime and to say they received a Magical Delivery for her and he was asked to pass it along.

I'll let her open the card, which will be a Christmas Card expressing my love and happiness and all that stuff, yada yada yada. :yay: The card will say "I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and please open the envelope."

She'll open the envelope and "poof"! We are going on the Podcast cruise in just 6 days!! Yippeee!!:banana: The crowd will cheer and everyone in the California Grill will wish us well. Disney will do Wishes a 2nd time just for us and then we'll go home and everyone will live happily ever after!!

That'll give her 5 days to get ready and to look forward to next week!

Looking forward to Monday! Can't wait!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:love:popcorn::

We'll need VIDEO!!!!

I still think that is one of the most romantic stories I've ever been told. You so totally rock, Jason! (But, then, Susan is worth it, right?) :thumbsup2

Oh, and there's so much more... ;) And she is ABSOLUTELY worth it. :love:

Proposals on Disney Cruises rock!!

I wonder if there will be one on PCC 2.0... Hmmm... We could be a little sect within the DIS!! I like sects. :woohoo:

Mission Accomplished!! She finally knows we are leaving on the cruise in just a few days!! Yippeee!!

All went well! She's excited, happy and has no plans to do any shopping!! Whew!

It's funny, I gave the "gift package" to the CG receptionist on the 2nd floor when I checked us in, as Mrs Rkdahl was shopping. I explained the plan and she said no problem, when do you want it delivered. I said during desert. So of we went.

I checked in almost 45 minutes prior to our reservation, however, as always around fireworks time, it was packed up there. We didn't get to the table until almost 90 minutes later, 45 minutes after our reservation time.

so we go through the appetizer, then the meal, watch the 9:30 Illuminations show from far way, order desert and it shows up. By now it's almost 2 1/2 hours since I checked in and I'm wondering if the server got the message. Desert is delivered and about 2 minutes later, he shows up, walks right to her and says "I believe this is for you!". She's shocked, opens it up, reads the note and card and info and actually doesn't believe it's true for a while!! haha

Anyway, she's happy, I'm happy and off we go, weather permitting!

See everyone onboard Sunday!! :cool1:

Mission Accomplished!! She finally knows we are leaving on the cruise in just a few days!! Yippeee!!

All went well! She's excited, happy and has no plans to do any shopping!! Whew!

It's funny, I gave the "gift package" to the CG receptionist on the 2nd floor when I checked us in, as Mrs Rkdahl was shopping. I explained the plan and she said no problem, when do you want it delivered. I said during desert. So of we went.

I checked in almost 45 minutes prior to our reservation, however, as always around fireworks time, it was packed up there. We didn't get to the table until almost 90 minutes later, 45 minutes after our reservation time.

so we go through the appetizer, then the meal, watch the 9:30 Illuminations show from far way, order desert and it shows up. By now it's almost 2 1/2 hours since I checked in and I'm wondering if the server got the message. Desert is delivered and about 2 minutes later, he shows up, walks right to her and says "I believe this is for you!". She's shocked, opens it up, reads the note and card and info and actually doesn't believe it's true for a while!! haha

Anyway, she's happy, I'm happy and off we go, weather permitting!

See everyone onboard Sunday!! :cool1:

What a wonderful way to tell her. :goodvibes

See you two on Sunday!!! I'll be the one with the ~700 member group. ;)

No, I told her it was a romantic cruise, just the two of us! :lmao:

There was quite a scene at breakfast this morning RK. Distraught that you weren't there, one of our servers insisted on slipping us a telephone number for us to surreptitiously pass along to you...we won't say which server it was though! :rotfl2:

Seriously, DVCKathy and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you and Mrs. RK and being dinner tablemates.

Although we do want to know why your recap at the Cali Grill didn't include Mrs. RK's comment about the "expert wrapping!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter