Three weeks to the cruise and my wife still doesn't know!

rkdahl

Mouseketeer
It's been a very busy and challenging year in many respects so I decided to take my wife on a cruise for Christmas. Since the Podcast cruise was in the right month, December, I thought, perfect lets do that! She's always up for anything and loves surprises so I booked the cruise and didn't tell her.

And I still haven't told her! So she'll be in for a great surprise in 3 weeks! But I haven't decided when to tell her....so I'm struggling. I could wait till the day of the cruise, but she'd get mad at me for lack of time to pack. Or I could tell her today....but that's too far out. Yet I want her to have some anticipation of the big event and a little time to pack.

So what do you think I should do and when? :banana:

I tried that once with my DW for her Birthday once, but I ended up telling her two weeks out. She said she would have killed me if she did not have time to pack and get herself ready for the trip.
:banana:

It's been a very busy and challenging year in many respects so I decided to take my wife on a cruise for Christmas. Since the Podcast cruise was in the right month, December, I thought, perfect lets do that! She's always up for anything and loves surprises so I booked the cruise and didn't tell her.

And I still haven't told her! So she'll be in for a great surprise in 3 weeks! But I haven't decided when to tell her....so I'm struggling. I could wait till the day of the cruise, but she'd get mad at me for lack of time to pack. Or I could tell her today....but that's too far out. Yet I want her to have some anticipation of the big event and a little time to pack.

Does she know you're going somewhere, just not where you are going? Or is she completely in the dark?

I'd want to know ASAP. The anticipation is sometimes the best part of the trip.

I wouldn't delay it beyond Thanksgiving! She may need to do some cruise shopping the next day. ;)

I wouldn't wait past Thanksgiving....as I woman, I would want enough time go shopping beforehand.

What a wonderful surprise !!!

Hopefully we will meet you on the cruise.

Tell her during Thanksgiving dinner....

What i see in movies is that during Thanksgiving dinner people share what they are thankful for in the past year and you could say something like:
"i'm thankful of my lovely wife and i'm thankful of the fact that i'm a great secret keeper because guess what: You are going on a Disney Cruise!!! Whoohoo."

What i see in movies is that during Thanksgiving dinner people share what they are thankful for in the past year and you could say something like:
"i'm thankful of my lovely wife and i'm thankful of the fact that i'm a great secret keeper because guess what: You are going on a Disney Cruise!!! Whoohoo.
"
Excellent!

"i'm thankful of my lovely wife and i'm thankful of the fact that i'm a great secret keeper because guess what: You are going on a Disney Cruise!!! Whoohoo."

....Then you video it and post it on the Disney Memories website!!! :rotfl2:

Good thoughts so far!

She does have the week reserved on our family calendar but I just told her to block that off cause I might have something going that week. She definitely doesn't need to go shopping!! She is the type of person that can pack in 2 hours. She loves suprises and adventures. We are already in Florida and will be driving to the terminal so no flights are involved this year.

Anticipation is a key part of a vacation as was pointed out. I like the Thanksgiving idea too. Maybe later this week I'll spill the beans...or maybe the week after or the week after that.

We'll see........:cool1:

Good thoughts so far!

She does have the week reserved on our family calendar but I just told her to block that off cause I might have something going that week. She definitely doesn't need to go shopping!! She is the type of person that can pack in 2 hours. She loves suprises and adventures. We are already in Florida and will be driving to the terminal so no flights are involved this year.

Anticipation is a key part of a vacation as was pointed out. I like the Thanksgiving idea too. Maybe later this week I'll spill the beans...or maybe the week after or the week after that.

We'll see........:cool1:

I just did something similar for my housemate. I told her we were going somewhere and the types of things to pack, but she didn't find out where we were going until we got to the airport!!! It was so much fun to surprise her and see her face when she found out. Plus I think the anticipation on her part was greater because it was all a surprise!

I agree with everyone that Thanksgiving Day would be perfect.

Have you been on a cruise before? If you listened to the podcast (or if you haven't), you will need either the raised seal copy of a birth certificate or a passport in order to board the ship, no exceptions.

I only wanted to mention it because you still have time to get the necessary paperwork if you haven't already.

I think the Thanksgiving idea for breaking the news is a great one. I definitely need these weeks to prepare, and I know I'm cruising! :laughing:

Yvet,

While Thanksgiving is a wonderful American Holiday....we should also not forget Festivus...the holiday for the "rest of us". Celebrated on Dec 23, It starts out with the putting up of the Festivus Pole, and then after/during dinner the airing of grievances, providing everyone gathered around the table the chance to tell others how they have disappointed the speaker over the past year. Truly a wonderful holiday to experience and remember for years to follow. :-)

Mike

You know, the more I think about it the longer I want to wait.

I'm now leaning towards 12/11 the night before! That'll shake things up!!:cool1:

Is there any chance that you really live in Alabama and you are MY DH?????:worship::worship: :rotfl2: I could only wish!!:lmao: Yes, I think Thanksgiving would be the perfect time to tell her. :thumbsup2 Have a wonderful trip!!:wizard:

I was thinking I recognized your screen name.... :)

Hope you have a great time on the cruise! I'm sure your wife will love the surprise. I would love a surprise like that. What a great husband you are. :thumbsup2

BTW...
We finally sold our house and bought at Bay Lake Tower so we're officially DVC members now!

You know, the more I think about it the longer I want to wait.

I'm now leaning towards 12/11 the night before! That'll shake things up!!:cool1:

How about the 10th? She needs time to pack. And time for a quick shopping trip.

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter