Things overheard while at Disney last week.....

Dining in World Showcase is always good for a few overheards. Overheard back in the 90s but we still quote it today; a guy at the Italian restaurant sounding skeptical because "I ain't ever had this Eye-talian food." During that same trip, over at San Angel Inn, someone freaking out over how spicy the salsa was (it wasn't).

It was on a later trip that someone was insisting that the France pavilion was really Morocco. I also overheard people not wanting to go into Morocco "because it's Muslim."

Dining in World Showcase is always good for a few overheards. Overheard back in the 90s but we still quote it today; a guy at the Italian restaurant sounding skeptical because "I ain't ever had this Eye-talian food." During that same trip, over at San Angel Inn, someone freaking out over how spicy the salsa was (it wasn't).

It was on a later trip that someone was insisting that the France pavilion was really Morocco. I also overheard people not wanting to go into Morocco "because it's Muslim."
In the words of Ron White... "you can't fix stupid".

Just plain sad... :sad2:

My father:
"When'd they put this [Main Street] here? Last time [1998] we walked through the turnstiles then the castle."

As it was about 16 years between trips, I'll just chalk that up to memory loss.

I just realized I never shared this hear. This didn't happen at the parks but I almost had a fight at work and just had to shake my head and roll my eyes. Someone at work is convinced they get to stay inside the park at Disney World (I asked them to clarify that it was Disney World since only Disneyland has a direct access hotel) and that their best friends family booked the room almost 3 years in advance! She also said the friend goes every 5 years and had binders full of information on how to best do Disney. I told her sorry that binder is going to be useless now it has changed a ton in the last 5 years and she was like no it hasn't they know everything about Disney. I just said well I hope your trip is as magical as your mind has made it and walked away while shaking my head. She didn't care when I said I had actually worked at Disney World before coming to this company (I actually still worked seasonally when I started at my current job) and go about once every 6 months at minimum so knew what I was talking about. She is still convinced they are staying inside Magic Kingdom (and that her friends have been staying in Magic Kingdom for over 20 years). Either her friend's mom is a super star or they embellish their trips when they get back.

During our April 2015 trip we were standing in line for the carousel and the lady behind us asked where Fantasyland was....DH and I didn't even know what to say to her. I tried explaining to her that we were in Fantasyland, but she kept saying, "No, we are in The Magic Kingdom....."

In EPCOT I heard a couple asking about the Harry Potter ride...amazes me how little people know about the parks before visiting.

Haha these are too funny!
I did have a coworker cringe when i told her we are going in november. "Its going to be FREEZING. Youll prob need to buy fast passes bc we waited in line 2 hours for every ride"

This is a great thread! As my husband and I were walking past the very long Splash Mountain standby line, we got yelled at that it "Must be nice being rich." All because of our very expensive:tongue: Fast Passes that we were using.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::tongue::sad2::sad2::sad2:

My three all-time favorites:

"Is this a ride?" said by a woman at the loading dock for PotC, who had presumably watched previous boats sail off with people in them.

"That's Epcot! I TOLD YOU, THAT'S EPCOT!" said by an irate man pointing dramatically at Spaceship Earth. His family ignored him and kept going.

"No! NO MAPS!" said by another irate man to his son (presumably) when a cast member tried to hand the kid a guidemap.

Of course, we now repeat these frequently, so probably other people have overheard us and wondered what our problem is.

"That's a big baby! That's a big baby! That's a BIIIG baby!" said a total stranger about my then 1 year old nephew. He really did say it 3 times in a row while I whipped around looking for this abnormally large baby before I realized he was talking about mine. Now my family and I chant it like some weird ritual lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter