Things overheard while at Disney last week.....

psimon

Will travel for turkey legs!
Here are some things we overheard while at Disney last week.

1. Husband: "Are you crying?" Wife: "No, I'm sweating!"
  2. During Illuminations: "Look.... they moved the Epcot ball to the middle of the lake!"
  3. "Peter Pan flight is a huge roller coaster"
  4. Outside PotC: "Don't worry, it's full of funny pirates"
  5. In HM "Is that a bomb shell" (the Doom Buggies)
  6. At Canada "Let me have one of those Fondue beers" (La Fin Du Monde Ale)
Anyone else hear any one liners?

---Paul in Southern NJ

I found some last minute fastpasses while in line for Anna and Elsa's meet and greet their last night in MK and told the people behind me to check their app for more and as I was leaving the line they said to each other ... "We should probably figure out how to use that..."

Do people really not do research before they go on vacation somewhere?
I am currently planning our 5th family trip to WDW. Dh also went there as a child with his family. Dh came home from work the other day and asked me the other day if we paid for fps. His boss just returned from a trip (i assume her first but idk) and said the waits and lines were horrible because everyone that paid for the magicbands got to cut in line in the fp lines.

So no,to answer your question no.

We were inside a gift shop in MK, I think it was Castle Couture, but I don't remember - a woman entered the place huffing and puffing and then went straight to the CM behind the counter and said, "We smell burgers!" (pronounced bargh-ers) The CM looked a bit bewildered and said, "Excuse me?" (She had a cute British accent) - The woman then said it again, and when the CM gave her another befuddled look, the woman explained that she was hungry and wanted to eat whatever she smelled, and they must sell hamburgers around there.

My husband and I now go around the house saying "I smell BARGHERS" especially when we're grilling. Fun memories.

During WDW's 25th anniversary, I followed a group of 3 older women down Main Street who were looking at the castle and one said "I don't remember it being pink the last time we were here...". My friends and I cracked up and still talk about every time we've walked into the MK since!

A few summers ago at Casey's in MK, we were a few down in line behind this woman who was yelling at the cashier over a hot dog meal. He kept insisting they didn't have what she wanted, and when she lost her temper she yelled at him "GIVE ME MY FIFTEEN PIECE HOT DOG MEAL!!"

The poor guy looked totally freaked out and the entire place went dead quiet for about thirty seconds until one of the other cashiers meekly asked "Do you mean you'd like an order of corn dog nuggets?"

It turned out that's exactly what she wanted. But now whenever me and my siblings are somewhere and really want something to eat we shout at each other GIVE ME MY FIFTEEN PIECE HOT DOG MEAL

TWICE, at Epcot in early June, I encountered people looking for and insisting that 7DMT was at that park.

Several years ago, in line for Star Tours:

"Does this ride actually fly?"

"I think it flies up over the Star Wars stuff."

Do people really not do research before they go on vacation somewhere?

Obviously not. People think I am weird because before we go I have figured out the park or location of the day, the restaurant of the day (based on the park or area we will be in) and that the fastpasses are all lined up. I get comments like "too much work" or "I want to be spontaneous". Sorry, but you get out of things what you put into them. Our trip meshed like well-oiled gears.

Sorry for my $0.02 on that subject! :mic:

Back to the strange quotes, please!

---Paul in Southern NJ

A few years ago, waiting to check in to Cinderella Royal Table, a very well dressed (for Disney) couple in front of us to CMs,

Man: Yes, we are here to check in for two nights
CM: I'm sorry, what?
Woman: (to man) I thought we had decided on 3 nights
Man: What time can we expect our luggage? We did not ride your bus, but we sent our luggage on ahead of us.
CM: Do you have a dining reservation?
Woman: Oh, we thought this was where we check in for the Walt Disney Suite.

Sadly at this point, a different CM came up and had the couple step to the side to talk to him. I would have loved to have heard the rest of that conversation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter