Things overheard while at Disney last week.....

I don't know this must be 18 - 20 years ago... on the boat back to the cabins at Fort Wilderness.... Guy on the boat telling others "we are going to MVMCP tonight, they only let 5,000 people in the park".... I wish!!!!

This wasn't in the parks, but, a friend of my parents was discussing WDW one day and he was actually visibly angry because they had taken his favorite ride out of Epcot. When I asked him what it was, he proceeded to describe what was obviously Sea Worlds, Sky Tower. I didn't laugh, but, I just seriously told him that that ride wasn't in WDW, it was in Sea World. That made him even madder, he pounded his fist on the table and wanted to know why they had moved it over to there. I explained that they didn't, that it had always been in Sea World and was never in Epcot. Then he started to argue that it most certainly was because he rode it in Epcot and how much he loved the panoramic view from up top. I decided that it was going to be a waste of time to carry that conversation on, and just changed the subject. Memory is a funny thing.

A little potty-ish...

We were waiting in line for the Three Caballeros boat ride. It was kind of hot and there was some weird smell in the line. A random lady in line yells out to nobody in particular, "Stop farting!" Everyone looks around for the guilty party.

Oh my gosh. One time when we rode Three Caballeros this last trip DS was seriously farting up a storm. O M G. It was so bad standing next to him. I knew other people smelled it too. It wasn't this time b/c no one yelled, but they should have.

I think we fed him too many fiber one bars. He sure does love those!

I have heard many throughout the years but the best one, hands down was last year...we were passing another couple who were having a discussion which ended with the question "yeah but why does everything for sale have a picture of a mouse on it?"

A couple of years ago, I guess, a lady started talking to us in Epcot while we were all waiting. She was telling us how where she was from they have chipmunks & squirrels & those two get together (mate) & have mean shipmunks (but take out the p & put a t in it's place). As she told us this, she laughed & laughed. The rest of the trip we'd randomly yell it out. Too funny att.

We checked out of the Poly last week, on our last night we ate at Ohana's. I was at the podium check-in line when an older lady and her family came in. One of the adult men is telling his little boy " oh look at that pool, that looks like fun. We can come back tomorrow and swim in it". They were clearly not staying at the resort. So I checked in, got my pager and went to sit with my family to wait. The older lady the tells the hostess "I need a table for eighteen. Twelve adults and six kids. I need three booster sets too." We all just shook our heads. I don't think they had a good experience visiting the Polynesian that night.

We checked out of the Poly last week, on our last night we ate at Ohana's. I was at the podium check-in line when an older lady and her family came in. One of the adult men is telling his little boy " oh look at that pool, that looks like fun. We can come back tomorrow and swim in it". They were clearly not staying at the resort. So I checked in, got my pager and went to sit with my family to wait. The older lady the tells the hostess "I need a table for eighteen. Twelve adults and six kids. I need three booster sets too." We all just shook our heads. I don't think they had a good experience visiting the Polynesian that night.

That's not how that works! That's not how any of this works! :sad2:

Omg, so many I could list! Here are a few of my favorite:

-"Honey, I don't see Harry Potter World on the park map. Do you remember where it is?" - Overheard in Fantasy Land, Magic Kingdom. My husband always a joker piped in and said about 20 minutes due West.;)

-"I wish they had something that told you how long the wait was to get on this ride?" - Overheard at Soarin', Epcot. Again my husband being johnny on the spot said "There's an app for that." in a perfectly monotone voice over voice. ;)

"Which character is that?" - Overheard at Magic Kingdom as Minnie Mouse walked by.

Not at WDW but at a local minor league baseball game the other night. The lady in the row behind me was talking with a guy about Disney and I couldn't help but overhear her say "The last time we were at Disney we drove over to Celebrations".

There's NO "S" in Celebration lady!

She also said that all of the guests staying at VGF when the alligator incident occurred had their rooms comped. Is that true?

At the EPCOT UK Phone booths: "You get to talk with the royal family directly." OK, I was largely responsible for a lot of that misconception. Before they disconnected the phone lines, I would stand back (often times with a pint in hand), and call the phone booths and proceed to mess with the person who answered the phone. This was more fun than any E-ticket ride!! Loved to see the kids expressions. Ahhh, those were the good times. :drinking1

Do people really not do research before they go on vacation somewhere?
When we were checking in at All Star Music a couple of years ago the line had come to a dead stop (it was really early, only a couple of CMs working). I notice they are all with this one family. The CMs look amused so I listen in and hear things like, "so wait, you mean there is more than one park!?" and "what do you mean I can't walk there from here?!"

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on the walking thing, maybe they'd accidentally researched DL, lol. But seriously, they didn't know there was more than one park?o_O

In the summer of 2000 DH and I went to WDW on our high school band trip. I shared a room with 3 other girls as ASMu (I don't recommend anyone repeat that experience) and constantly got into arguments with one of the other girls. At that point I had been to WDW 4 times and the girl in question had never been but kept trying to argue with me about mundane things.

One that springs to mind is the morning of our AK day we had a breakfast buffet at FW. I don't remember exactly how it came up, I think it had something to do with how we were going to get from FW to AK and I said something about taking a bus and this girl gets all huffy and says "we aren't taking a bus, FW is INSIDE AK!!!!!" I tried to explain to her that FW was a campground over by MK and not anywhere near AK let alone inside it but she was not having it. She just kept saying "yes it is!!! It's INSIDE AK!!!!!" I never heard what her reaction was when she had to <GASP> get on a BUS to get from FW to AK.

In line for Haunted Mansion and overheard a lady tell her daughter that HM used to be on the other side of the Park and it was moved here about 15 years ago.

Watching the parade in MK and listening to a Mom calling Alice Cinderella. Then when Cinderella came by she says " why would they have 2 Cinderella's in the parade?"

Watching the parade in MK and listening to a Mom calling Alice Cinderella. Then when Cinderella came by she says " why would they have 2 Cinderella's in the parade?"

LOL! She probably thought Alice was Cinderella in her pre-Fairy Godmother outfit.

Not at the parks, but when we were planning a trip with my BFF's family, she asked if we should buy Park Hoppers so we could go to Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter