~~ They're leaving the nest, sew it's time for a trip - or two - or three...~~ D~'s bag ~9/22 ~~

I am waiting for Photobucket to come back up before I post my morning replies... but as a side note...

I booked Victoria's resort stay this morning! :woohoo: :woohoo: It's official, we are staying at Shades of Green again - I loved it too much! I did get a discount rate for part of her trip - but not the whole thing.

Allison's trip - 8 nights totaled $655... Victoria's trip - 8 nights = $710. Still not horrible, but more than Allison's.

D~

Whoo hoo on booking the resort! We actually looked at changing ours to the week before which would put us there at the same time as you and a few others. But we would not get Nemo...and I REALLY want the Nemo suite, plus it will all depend on when the first Christmas party is. If it does not start until after our dates, there is really no reason not to change (unless I am stubborn about the Nemo thing...)

WOO HOO for booking your resort! That is awesome!

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Diabetes is such a horrible disease. I will keep him in my thoughts.

We are leaving tomorrow morning - YIPPPPPEEEEE! I will check back in when I get home. Have a great week.

:woohoo:for booking Vicotria's resort. Sounds like a good idea to stay at Shades of Green even if you didn't get as good of a discount as you did with Allison's trip.

I am not sure he could handle losing his legs - but I am not sure he is willing/able to do what is needed to save them either. :(
I'm so sorry to hear this. We had a similar situation with my mom. She was the one calling the shots and we were helpless to change her mind on many things.

I booked Victoria's resort stay this morning! :woohoo: :woohoo: It's official, we are staying at Shades of Green again - I loved it too much! I did get a discount rate for part of her trip - but not the whole thing.

Allison's trip - 8 nights totaled $655... Victoria's trip - 8 nights = $710. Still not horrible, but more than Allison's.
I'm really glad that Victoria agreed to stay at SoG. Wasn't she originally interested in AoA or something else? But SoG seems luxurious compared to a value or moderate. The price different is understandable since January is value season, the cheapest Disney has, and October is not. Is V happy about the resort?

Booking the resort is awesome. So are you going to give in and rent a car or do the town car again?

Yay!! That is so exciting! It always feels so real when you finally have the resort booked.:goodvibes Wow, I still think that's a great deal considering how October is usually a busier time then January to go to Disney now!

I am waiting for Photobucket to come back up before I post my morning replies... but as a side note...

D~
Yaaaayy!!! :woohoo::rotfl:

My Disney bloat is almost gone also :).

I will keep your Dad in my prayers, as a diabetic I know how hard it is to stay on track with my diet, etc. I have been doing low carb for a year now and it has become a way of life, but I need to make it healthier. So I have switched to turkey bacon and sausage and lots more vegetables for this year, except when in Disney of course :laughing:.

Yay for booking Shades of Green for V's trip :cheer2:! Is she wanting to make a trip over to the Dark Side also?

I brought my niece a Carrot Cake Cookie and she said it has motivated her to plan our next family trip, they love Halloween so we will be going the week in October when the kiddos are on Fall Break, she is going to check with the school to see if next years school calendar is out and then we will start the fun of planning:banana:.

I hope Allison gets good news on her test scores! Now I am off to read your TR updates...

Monica

My apologies for no replies yesterday - I had them all done and written, but Photobucket was down all day... So, here are yesterday's replies...

I'm so sorry to hear Alli is sick. I hope she gets well soon so she can get her finals done. I'm so glad to hear the principal helped out so she can take her finals when she gets well.

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I hope his legs get better soon so they can be saved.

Thanks Lillian - Allison is doing much better... Now Josh is home sick and I have a whopper of a cold, but nothing I can't push through.

Thank you - I am very worried... I did talk to the nurse at the assisted living center again last night - and his legs are starting to improve. Hopefully they continue to do so.

Thanks for sharing how you roast your brussel sprouts. DH & I really enjoy them, but are getting bored with just steamed ones.

Sending lots of pixie dust & prayers your Dad's way.

No problem, I love brussels sprouts so much - it's a veggie I'd never once eaten in my life, until I started eating in a primal way - and I was truly missing out!

Thank you - I talked to his nurse yesterday and she says his legs are improving, I am hoping they continue to do so.

I don't mind at all! I'm having so much fun reading it!

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Awww... Good - I am having so much fun sharing it!

Same to you!

D-sorry to hear about your Dad. Lots of prayers for him!:hug:

Thanks Bernadette... His nurse told me yesterday tat his legs look to be improving - so my fingers are crossed that this new routine is helping him.

**************************************************************************************************************

I had a decent day yesterday....

I did my lifting right away in the morning - it felt good to be back at it.

Then I went to work right away - no procrastinating for me yesterday. ::yes::

I worked all day, but Josh came home early from work - he wasn't feeling well. :( And I decided to take a nap, because I've been fighting a cold all week, and well - I just wanted a nap. So, I cranked up my electric blankie and that was the end of me.

We were pretty lazy last night - I didn't even make dinner, I just told the family to eat whatever they could find.

Today - I'll work out this morning...

Then I will work for a while...

I do have to run to town this afternoon to grab some groceries.

I have not done a healthy living update in quite some time - but I did so a short post on FB yesterday... So, I want to ramble about that for a little while. :thumbsup2 Typically - in the weeks prior to a trip, I am quite dedicated with my eating - it's only by chance that this time period fell during most people making their New Year's Resolutions... But previous to this trip - I wasn't as strict with myself as I normally am... And while I was on my trip - if you are reading my TR - you'll see that I ate whatever I wanted to - and enjoyed every bit of it. As usual - seeing my photopass pictures through out my trip, I can see a noticeable difference in my appearance between day one and the last day... It always throws me for a loop. This time - I felt the noticeable difference everywhere - but I saw it most in my face... I was very bloated. As usual - It's imperative to me and my journey that I immediately go right back to eating well and exercise - this trip was no exception.... Monday morning - I went right back to my typical day, and here it is on Friday and my bloat is mostly gone... I do feel that I put on a few pounds on top of the bloat, but as a rule - I never weigh myself after a trip and I don't wear anything but leggings and sweat pants for the first week or two home. I do this, because a simple thing - like seeing a huge weight gain or not being able to zip my pants has been known to put me in a total tail spin... I find I do better if I just go back to normal life and being semi-strict with myself, vs focusing on my damage. For me this works - for others, it may not?

Believe it or not, I am coming up on my 4 year healthy living anniversary in March - I am shocked that I've been dedicated to myself and my better health for 4 years now... For me - that is a record. If you go back through my healthy living updates (they are all chronicled on the first page of whatever TR/PTR I had going at that time - and all of them are linked on the first page of this one too) - you'll see that I tried so many variations of every diet until I found what worked for me.... It's been a roller-coaster, and one that I still struggle with every day. Most of you that have been following me for a long time, know that I've been on a plateau for 18 months now - and it's been rough. Part of it, is that I am semi-comfortable where I am - so I don't feel the need to work so hard. The other part of it is that my body is comfortable where I am at - and it doesn't feel the need for me to go down anymore in size. I am still - after all these months - trying to come to terms with this... For 18 months now - I've been working towards losing, but in the end, I am just maintaining - which is a miracle unto itself - maintaining is hard too. :thumbsup2

So, here I am - enjoying my life and working hard to obtain better health - still... But I wanted to share a picture anyways... It's not from my highest weight and the comparison is not from my lowest weight - but it's just 2 photos that show a big difference in me - the way I carry myself - the way I feel about myself - how I look and just me, in general. ::yes::

2013%20to%202015.jpg
[/centere]

In the end - I wish all of you better health this year, and finding your own way - I've always encouraged all my friends to try to take the path less traveled and do what's right for their body - and not necessarily what everyone else does. Read your labels - don't put chemicals into your body - including, but not limited to, soda & processed foods (low fat and non-fat foods are notorious for being chemical filled) ... All of which are terrible - and looking at our society as a whole - a person can just see how our general health has suffered over the last 2-3 decades especially because of these types of foods.

OK - I am done ranting today - have a great day everyone!!!! Pixie Dust and hugs to everyone! :hug:

D~​

Crossing my fingers Josh will get well soon and that the rest of the family don't get sick.
You have done so well with your eating and training. You look great :hug:

My new car is coming to Tromsø 31.march. Then it will go straight to the garage where they will get the elevator and some other stuff I need built into the car. They haven't told me yet how long that will take. But I really hope I will have my car in my driveway before the garage take summer vacation.

Crossing my fingers Josh will get well soon and that the rest of the family don't get sick.
You have done so well with your eating and training. You look great :hug:

My new car is coming to Tromsø 31.march. Then it will go straight to the garage where they will get the elevator and some other stuff I need built into the car. They haven't told me yet how long that will take. But I really hope I will have my car in my driveway before the garage take summer vacation.

Thanks - he isn't super sick like Allison was... He just "wasn't feeling right"... He seems to be OK now though.

THanks - I am not feeling it right now... Tried to put on a pair of my jeans I wore this fall, and they didn't go on... Time to get serious again. I've come to the conclusion that the goal of losing size never really ends. LOL

:woohoo: Yay!!! I am so excited for you!!!! Please keep me updated! I cannot wait to see pictures of you with your new car!

I hope your husband feels better!

You look incredible!:thumbsup2

Thanks - he is doing OK - he just wasn't feeling right... He seems to be better now.

THank you - I am not feeling it at all right now... I tried to put on a pair of jeans yesterday, that I was wearing last fall - and couldn't even button them. My eating it going to get very serious for a while here, so get myself back on track. ::yes::

*************************************************************************************************

I am not going to do an update here today...

I received some news yesterday that hit me pretty hard. My friend Sandra (who I have mentioned here before) - and some of you who have been following my TRs for a long time, may even remember her? Her Dis name was Ladylyons and she used to post almost every single night in my TRs - for many years. She lost her battle with cancer yesterday morning, she leaves behind a dh - and 4 small children, the youngest isn't even 2 yet. She was doing pretty well at Christmas time, and they were planning to discharge her from the hospital, she took a turn while I was on my trip, and I missed it. I didn't find out that she was fighting a pretty bad infection until the night before last. It just breaks my heart, a person has to believe that there is a reason for this, but it's so hard to see that. She was such a wonderful friend, and this is a tremendous loss for everyone - such a caring and beautiful person. My heart absolutely breaks for her family. My continued prayers of peace and understanding during this time, go out to all of them. And the little ones... I just cannot even fathom... I don't even know where to begin.

If you believe in the power of prayer - please include this little family...

10412005_722027604512917_2958460841906106541_n.jpg

Hug your loved ones today. :grouphug:

D~

I'm so sorry about your friend Sandra's passing. Cancer just sucks. It just does. Many prayers for her family, and for all of those whose life she touched....including you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter