• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

theories on the august 12th big announcement....

oh, no, i've been trumped:laughing:

if

now, if somebody would kindly explain how the last buy 4, get 3 worked; i'll be setpopcorn::; was DP 'free'?

on the last buy 4, get 3 you had to book a room & tickets package and pay for the first 4 days, then the next 3 days were free. So basically you were getting about 43% off the room rate. The 3 days free tickets was not as good a deal, because you're paying full price on the first 4 days - when ticket prices are most expensive per day...the price scales down drastically with each additional day after the 4 day tickets...so the value of day 5, 6 & 7 on the tickets you bought was about $18 per ticket for those 3 "free" days. On the 4/3 deal there was no dining plan in the promotion, it was just room & tickets package promo. If you wanted the dining plan, you paid full price for the full 7 days (no discount, no free days on the dining portion.)

We are using a 4/3 pin for our October trip. The main savings is the room, not the tickets. I called to upgrade our 7 day pass to an 8 day and it only cost $18 for a family of 6.

With one huge exception on the tickets--If you purchased the "no expiration" option because that goes up with every day on the ticket. Lots of people who were upgrading to APs (either on the 4/3 trip or the next--renewal) purchased the no expiration option and saved a ton of money.

You also didn't have to buy 4 and only get 3 free. It was more like buy 4-10 days and get 1-3 days free.

Understanding Disney's Buy 4, Get 3 Free Deal

I would LOVE to see them do the Kids 3-9 Stay, Play and Eat Free again (maybe as a promotion instead of PIN code). We got a PIN for that for this summer, but couldn't take advantage of it.

I would LOVE to see them do the Kids 3-9 Stay, Play and Eat Free again (maybe as a promotion instead of PIN code). We got a PIN for that for this summer, but couldn't take advantage of it.

NOT ME!! We got that pin, and two others at the same time and found that to be the worst pin of all time!

1. Kids already stay for free.
2. I can buy tickets cheaper from a discount broker and DH & I had to buy whatever tickets the kids got
3. The dining plan isn't much of a bargain and the kids’ portion costs very little compared to the adult portion.

Nah, the 40% off the room saved a lot more money.

NOT ME!! We got that pin, and two others at the same time and found that to be the worst pin of all time!

2. I can buy tickets cheaper from a discount broker and DH & I had to buy whatever tickets the kids got
3. The dining plan isn't much of a bargain and the kids’ portion costs very little compared to the adult portion.

I agree with you. A 40% pin is much better of a deal. I am upgrading to a AP on our next trip,so this would not be deal for me at all. Really unless you have more than 3 kids and you are staying in a value this in not a good deal if you run the numbers in comparison to the 40% off.

I'm with you. We got that PIN and laughed about it. We only have one kid in the 3-9 range, so it saves a whopping $350 on an 8 night package with a rack rate of $5000+. :sad2: Just about any other discount offered, PIN or general public, would be a better deal.

I'm with you. We got that PIN and laughed about it. We only have one kid in the 3-9 range, so it saves a whopping $350 on an 8 night package with a rack rate of $5000+. :sad2: Just about any other discount offered, PIN or general public, would be a better deal.

But, if you stay at a value (likely only getting 28% off room) and have 5 kids, ages 3-9, wouldn't THAT be worth the "kids stay, eat, play free" deal? Is this ever offered at a value?

We are booked at POP with free DDP (basic with PIN) right now. Still watching to "best" that deal, and so far haven't. Off to crunch some numbers so I know how to react IF a deal like this comes out.

But, if you stay at a value (likely only getting 28% off room) and have 5 kids, ages 3-9, wouldn't THAT be worth the "kids stay, eat, play free" deal? Is this ever offered at a value?

We are booked at POP with free DDP (basic with PIN) right now. Still watching to "best" that deal, and so far haven't. Off to crunch some numbers so I know how to react IF a deal like this comes out.

With 5 kids would you not have to get 2 rooms? BTW...I have 5 Pirate + 1 Princess...Hee Hee

OK, just did some quick figures for my family IF the "kids free" deal comes out before our trip...

2 adults and 5 kids, 8 nights at value (rack), with free DDP PIN
DDP = $1079
8 Day PH = $1979
Rack Room = $1750
$1750 + $1979 = $3729

2 adults and 5 kids, 8 nights at value (rack), "kids eat, play, stay free"
2 Adults 8 day PH + 8 day DDP = $1298
5 kids 8 day PH + 8 day DDP = $1833
Rack Room = $1750
$1750 + $1298 = $3048

2 adults and 5 kids, 8 nights at value 28% discount, paid DDP + tkts
DDP = $1079
8 day PH = $1979
Room @ 28% discount = $1435
$1079 + $1979 + $1435 = $4493

So if my figures are correct, we could save $681 on a "kids..." deal, over my current package IF the deal was extended to value resorts. We are staying during value season for 6 of 8 nights so room is already pretty cheap. I could see where 40% at a higher end property would work out over this savings.

Just goes to show that you really need to crunch your own numbers and do what works for your family on your travel dates. I wouldn't disregard any offer until I worked the numbers.

OK, just did some quick figures for my family IF the "kids free" deal comes out before our trip...

2 adults and 5 kids, 8 nights at value (rack), with free DDP PIN
DDP = $1079
8 Day PH = $1979
Rack Room = $1750
$1750 + $1979 = $3729

2 adults and 5 kids, 8 nights at value (rack), "kids eat, play, stay free"
2 Adults 8 day PH + 8 day DDP = $1298
5 kids 8 day PH + 8 day DDP = $1833
Rack Room = $1750
$1750 + $1298 = $3048

2 adults and 5 kids, 8 nights at value 28% discount, paid DDP + tkts
DDP = $1079
8 day PH = $1979
Room @ 28% discount = $1435
$1079 + $1979 + $1435 = $4493

So if my figures are correct, we could save $681 on a "kids..." deal, over my current package IF the deal was extended to value resorts. We are staying during value season for 6 of 8 nights so room is already pretty cheap. I could see where 40% at a higher end property would work out over this savings.

Just goes to show that you really need to crunch your own numbers and do what works for your family on your travel dates. I wouldn't disregard any offer until I worked the numbers.

We did get that code, for some reason I thought it was 1 child/adult :confused3 Am I off on that?

Kelma
Mom to 2 princes and 2 princesses

We got this pin but didnt use it because we are not going until 2010. some people got the adults play at kids prices did anybody use it and how did it work?

Yeah, with enough kids it could be a good deal, especially staying at a value resort. It has too narrow an appeal to be a likely general public offer, because only a very small number of travelers would benefit so it isn't likely to fill many rooms.

Just a note on your math - the free tickets are base tickets only, IIRC. So for your 5 kids, you'd have to add in the $275ish for Park Hoppers.

Also, I don't remember if it was limited to one free child per adult, but that does tend to be standard in "kids free" promotions in the travel industry as a whole and would greatly reduce your savings.

Yeah, with enough kids it could be a good deal, especially staying at a value resort. It has too narrow an appeal to be a likely general public offer, because only a very small number of travelers would benefit so it isn't likely to fill many rooms.

Just a note on your math - the free tickets are base tickets only, IIRC. So for your 5 kids, you'd have to add in the $275ish for Park Hoppers.

Also, I don't remember if it was limited to one free child per adult, but that does tend to be standard in "kids free" promotions in the travel industry as a whole and would greatly reduce your savings.

Don't forget, Disney has been only been giving QS with the values, so that can also lower your savings quite a bit.

With 5 kids would you not have to get 2 rooms? BTW...I have 5 Pirate + 1 Princess...Hee Hee

Yes. 2 rooms at value is the least expensive option for us. Can't fit in a family suite at value, and if we did, the family suite for 6 is more expensive than 2 rooms.

Yeah 4 years ago we did 2 rooms at POP it was great....the big boys were in one and the 2 little ones stayed in ours and we had double of everything!!!

I'm hoping for free dining or Discount pin codes of any amount, :rotfl:

Because we are not traveling with any children, but sometimes DH could qualify, the free kids type programs won't help us.

In any case we are going to Disney next year! :cool1:

Yes. 2 rooms at value is the least expensive option for us. Can't fit in a family suite at value, and if we did, the family suite for 6 is more expensive than 2 rooms.
Have you looked into a Ft. Wilderness cabin? That sleeps 6 and has a full kitchen, porch, barbecue grill, etc. I understand they're quite nice. It may be a bit more expensive, but you could save by having breakfast in the cabin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter