• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

theories on the august 12th big announcement....

From the begining it was said this was a rumor. I hope we dont get to the point where people are afraid to report things they honestly think are true because they are afraid to upset people if it doesnt happen. If people only want things to know things that are fact, then dont read threads reporting "possible" things.:)

Rumor is just that ... the possibility of something. Believe me I was on the boards all day yesterday also checking.

We also have to stop and think how many times the rumors were correct in the past.:goodvibes

I'm more upset with Disney right now that when I woke up this morning I had an email from Disney Destinations....lol. The message read, "Here's an offer for a free Disney pin" My heart drop for this would be my first pin!!! Well lmao...I opened it and it's for a " FREE collectible pin based on Walt Disney Pictures' Aladdin" if I update my info lmao.

Talk about teasing someone lmao. I actually stopped and laughed at myself:)

The message read, "Here's an offer for a free Disney pin" My heart drop for this would be my first pin!!! Well lmao...I opened it and it's for a " FREE collectible pin based on Walt Disney Pictures' Aladdin"
:sad2::rotfl2:

From the begining it was said this was a rumor. I hope we dont get to the point where people are afraid to report things they honestly think are true because they are afraid to upset people if it doesnt happen. If people only want things to know things that are fact, then dont read threads reporting "possible" things.:)

it was a rumor? I didn't get it that way. Personally, I didn't listen to the podcast. According to the first poster, the statement made was there may be a deal. Now, a maybe is a maybe, but when it comes to a podcast I think it definitively needs to be said it's a rumor only. I'm afraid of comments made for the sake of sensationalizing just to get people to listen. That is wrong. I think there needs to be guidelines that are stricter if this has caused this much concern. I strongly feel something went way wrong here. Maybe, the moderator needed to get this thread to the rumors board. Or maybe the podcaster has to be more careful of how information is stated.

I appreciate good information and I've been thankful that disboards has been such a great help on this count in the past. There is a fine line sometimes and I think this is one of those cases.

We will all move on from this thread, but I hope we've all learned not to stir up these emotions.

it was a rumor? I didn't get it that way. Personally, I didn't listen to the podcast. According to the first poster, the statement made was there may be a deal. Now, a maybe is a maybe, but when it comes to a podcast I think it definitively needs to be said it's a rumor only. I'm afraid of comments made for the sake of sensationalizing just to get people to listen. That is wrong. I think there needs to be guidelines that are stricter if this has caused this much concern. I strongly feel something went way wrong here. Maybe, the moderator needed to get this thread to the rumors board. Or maybe the podcaster has to be more careful of how information is stated.

I appreciate good information and I've been thankful that disboards has been such a great help on this count in the past. There is a fine line sometimes and I think this is one of those cases.

We will all move on from this thread, but I hope we've all learned not to stir up these emotions.

I agree this thread should be moved to the rumor board. I think it has run it's course.

that being said I can not believe how people on this thread are basically "blaming" the people on the podcast for this "possible" announcement. John just said one sentence on the podcast and people just went nuts with it. I am a regular podcast listener and I know for a fact that the people on the podcast did not sensationalize this so they can get more listeners. I am sorry that statement imo is ridiculous

I agree this thread should be moved to the rumor board. I think it has run it's course.

that being said I can not believe how people on this thread are basically "blaming" the people on the podcast for this "possible" announcement. John just said one sentence on the podcast and people just went nuts with it. I am a regular podcast listener and I know for a fact that the people on the podcast did not sensationalize this so they can get more listeners. I am sorry that statement imo is ridiculous

exactly! :thumbsup2

Those of us that were here yesterday ALL DAY AND NIGHT waiting on a "Deal" were joking around about the situation! IMO I feel that what was said is being taken out of context. Most people were joking about the situation because we were all here hitting refresh over and over! It was all meant in fun! I don't think that anyone was looking for an apology from anyone. We all knew going into yesterday that it was something that was mentioned to happen we were just crossing our fingers that it was true! I hate it when people that words and turn them to make it out to be a bad thing instead of a joke!:confused3

DIS Podcast is reporting that there may be another discount package offered on August 7th similar to the 4/3 but with complications...any guesses anyone?:idea:

The OP said there may be another discount not there will be. Then they asked for guesses, doesnt sound like fact to me.

Those of us that were here yesterday ALL DAY AND NIGHT waiting on a "Deal" were joking around about the situation! IMO I feel that what was said is being taken out of context. Most people were joking about the situation because we were all here hitting refresh over and over! It was all meant in fun! I don't think that anyone was looking for an apology from anyone. We all knew going into yesterday that it was something that was mentioned to happen we were just crossing our fingers that it was true! I hate it when people that words and turn them to make it out to be a bad thing instead of a joke!:confused3

I think some were a little more passionate and really wanted to have someone to "blame" - at least that is how it came across. It is so hard to tell on the boards without seeing a facial expression or hearing a tone of voice. :goodvibes

A few of us that are loyal to the podcast just "know" them and realize that this particular podcast gives out good information and would never intentionally lead us astray. And they did say it was a rumor, but I don't think that was made clear in the beginning, even by those of us that heard the podcast. I, too, was a major hopeful and I would have wagered a bet that some sort of deal like 7 for 4 would be announced. Glad I don't have the opportunity to bet, huh! :goodvibes

I even got a few of my non-DISer friends hopes up on Tuesday. :blush:

That said, I am going to unsubscribe now...as many of the 44,000 hits have been me. :rolleyes:

I was mad that there wasn't a promo announcement, but I was more upset at myself for sitting here all day. I was disappointed that yesterday's podcast didn't offer an update...but I didn't realize that it was taped the day before.

I think a lot of people were frustrated last night. I know I was.

I can't speak for all, but I got the feeling that the majority of us that were on this thread all day yesterday started having a good time and were joking about the whole situation. We all knew that there was a MAYBE with this theory. I personally have had a good time getting to know my fellow dissers...:hug:
I didn't get the feeling at all that people were pointing fingers. :confused3

I can't speak for all, but I got the feeling that the majority of us that were on this thread all day yesterday started having a good time and were joking about the whole situation. We all knew that there was a MAYBE with this theory. I personally have had a good time getting to know my fellow dissers...:hug:

What a great way to sum it all up:thumbsup2 My feelings exactly::yes::

double ditto!:thumbsup2

don't despair gals, certainly not the 1st time a red herring was tossed here;)

im willing to go out on a limb & predict that with the lousy economy, there will be plenty of new, special offers to go around:wizard:

I'll go even further - I'll bet the podcast rumor will be dead-on about the nature of the deal, just not the date of its release. I don't think we'll see it until the booking window for the fall free dining ends at the earliest or mid-Nov at the latest, but I think the facts as we know them (the disappearing/reappearing 4/3 banners, the overbooking of values while deluxes are still available for Aug-Oct free dining, the struggling economy) support the idea of the 4/3 returning with some sort of preference/incentive for booking the higher end resorts.

Well I had fun chatting on here all day anyway. And to be honest I'm not at all surprised that the day went without anything being released. It's much earlier than I would think Disney would release it for my dates in Jan. To me, the constant refreshing of pages and checking in on my computer throughout the day is all part of the planning fun. It will make it just THAT much sweeter when something actually IS released.;)

Darn! I was all ready to upgrade to the Wilderness Lodge hoping for a 4/3 deal this morning.

If I were the person who started this rumor I'd join the witness protection program if it doesnt come out today LOL. :rotfl:
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Thats funny!! they better hide we are all going to find them LOL..

Totally agree. I had fun last night hitting refresh and waiting on DH to bring home the ice cream! Tonight, I made cookies :):banana:

Cookies!! Yum! I must admit...we did our part to stimulate the economy and made a DQ run again...mmmmm...butterfinger blizzard. (Sigh) I had a banana today to offset the fat...right??;)

the last two days waiting together was fun! I think we all need a healthy dose of rehab right about now though. I got Mexican food, ice cream and made homemade cookies and I still have the jitters!:hyper:

I'll go even further - I'll bet the podcast rumor will be dead-on about the nature of the deal, just not the date of its release. I don't think we'll see it until the booking window for the fall free dining ends at the earliest or mid-Nov at the latest, but I think the facts as we know them (the disappearing/reappearing 4/3 banners, the overbooking of values while deluxes are still available for Aug-Oct free dining, the struggling economy) support the idea of the 4/3 returning with some sort of preference/incentive for booking the higher end resorts.

oh, no, i've been trumped:laughing:

if i was feeling pessimistic, i'd say whatever new offer will be released the day after my final payment has passed;). Even though i have what I consider to be a great deal (free DP), it's in my nature to dig & look for the next best thing and have been around long enough to realize that everything is subject to change, including 'hot tips'.:confused3Sure not going to start pointing any fingers at peeps who r just trying to help!

OT - while I continue to be very thankful to find such amazing travel deals this year (both @ disney & elsewhere:thumbsup2); I can't help but feel sad when I contemplate the "why" of incredible bargins being trotted out:wizard:.

now, if somebody would kindly explain how the last buy 4, get 3 worked; i'll be setpopcorn::; was DP 'free'?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter