The Young Avengers: A Very Avengers Holiday (YARP Part 6)

Flashback to February 1996 with a 19 year old Natasha and 24 year old Clint

Clint: He held his head low as he walked into the Triskelion. There were murmurs and whispers as he walked in.

Coulson: "Barton! Is it true?"

Hand: "I can't believe it!"

Barton: "Yeah it's true, I was voted sexiest SHIELD agent."

Coulson: "Nice try. You know I'm talking about Budapest. We don't even have that award, plus we all know I'd win.", he chuckled.

Hand: "But seriously Barton, what made you merciful? You've never failed an assassination before."

Coulson: "Please don't tell me it was a pretty girl who seduced you. Oldest and easiest trick in the book."

Barton: "I don't feel like talking right now." He headed to the clock in station.

Coulson: He sighed. "Ugh, you never do."

Flashback to February 1996 with a 19 year old Natasha and 24 year old Clint

Barton: He walked into Vice Director Fury's office.

Fury: "What the **** happened? You're one of our finest assassins. You've never failed to kill someone. I thought you could take down this widow. She's sure building up a name. I'm ashamed in you."

Barton: "I'm sorry. Nobody's perfect."

Fury: "But if I give you a *** task, I expect you to complete the *** task. It's your mission Barton. You always kill. What made you fail? Mercy? Trickery? Drunkeness?"

Barton: He couldn't look into Fury's eyes. "Mercy...", he said softly.

Fury: "WHAT?! *****. Barton, you barley have any. You are such a lone wolf. What has gotten into you?!"

Barton: " I don't know sir. I guess we just had a good connection working together, I couldn't bare to kill her."

Fury: "Well you better not pull this *** on me again."

Barton: "Yes sir."

Fury: "I'm so puzzled, I sent some agents to capture her and question the Widow."

Barton: "Okay."

OOC: Thanks. I'm having fun writing back story.

Also it was funny because when I tell most people I'm Elsa at work they are like ahhh fun! You'd be a good princess. My professor was confused and said I didn't look like an Elsa. LOL. I don't think I really look like her thither but with the costume it works. I'm not sure which one I most look like. It's hard to tell with yourself lol. Maybe Bri would know. She follows me on Instagram.

Flashback to March 1996

Clint: He walked to the Widow's cell. "Hey."

Widow: "Hey."

Clint: "How's it going?"

Widow: "Oh you know being captured and being in a cell is just a blast."

Clint: "Okay."

Widow: "Your talkative huh?"

Clint: "You'd think you'd know after spending 2 weeks together in Budapest."

Widow: "I know, just making a statement."

Clint: "I heard Fury tolerated you. That's rare."

Widow: "I see."

Clint: "I'm heading back to my perch. Take care. Stay hot."

Widow: She raised an eyebrow. "Alright." This guy was definitely not normal.

March 1996

Fury: "Well Barton, I got to say, she impressed me."

Barton: "Yeah she's very skilled."

Fury: "I want her to join SHIELD."

Barton: "What!? You trust the Russian? I mean, she's extremely skilled. But how to you trust her?"

Fury: "I have a good sense she wouldn't mind switching sides. And I don't completely trust her yet, I could see myself trusting her in the future. Barton, I have a task for you. You are going to train the Widow."

Barton: "WHAT?! My agreement with joining SHIELD is not to work with others."

Fury: "Well we agreed but you failed to kill her."

Barton: "I'm back on my game. I've killed fourteen men since Budapest."

Fury: "Your debt still isn't payed. Train the Widow. Don't tell her everything. I'm relocating you both to the New York base tomorrow."

Barton: "But this is my home. I don't want to go to the dinky New York base."

Fury: "Too bad. It's your job. You have no family here your leaving."

Barton: He sighed.

Nova: She finally took it upon herself to walk downstairs. She smirked. "Good morning."

OOC: It has finally started snowing and my friend literally just texted me with an "i told you so" (which I totally brought upon myself.)

Nova: "I feel like I've been trapped in sleep forever. Good news, I guess you could call it that, Mom told me that she might stop by later. Claims she has some sort of gift for me, though I don't know how she thinks a gift is going to make up for anything." Nova felt a small twang of guilt for saying that, but she knew that she wouldn't have said it if it wasn't true. "So I figured I'd hang out with you guys for a bit, I mean, I've been a little distant from the team lately."

Nova: "I feel like I've been trapped in sleep forever. Good news, I guess you could call it that, Mom told me that she might stop by later. Claims she has some sort of gift for me, though I don't know how she thinks a gift is going to make up for anything." Nova felt a small twang of guilt for saying that, but she knew that she wouldn't have said it if it wasn't true. "So I figured I'd hang out with you guys for a bit, I mean, I've been a little distant from the team lately."
Evelyn: "That's great news! A gift can't repair things, but it's still sweet she's doing that. Sorry to hear you feel distance. I'll try to fix that."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter