The Young Avengers: A Very Avengers Holiday (YARP Part 6)

Eli: He was gone, having ignored them. He went down to find Raven.

Conrad: He decided not to mention that Eli hadn't just been drinking coffee, it would only make things worse.

Mike: He pinched himself. This was grounds for a really good/bad nightmare.

Eli: He found Raven. "Being mortal sucks, huh?"

Raven: "You're hitting the bottle a little early, aren't you?" She dodged the veiled question as to her well being and mental state.

Eli: "Stark men have a high tolerance. The only affect it has on me is waking me up."

Raven: Raven snorted. "As long as you don't hold me back, I don't care."
Jay: He was upset at everyone for treating his dad with disrespect.

Evelyn: It was all very uncomfortable. She wasn't pleased at Eli's tone, but it did have points.

Clint: "I'm going to practice. Nat, let me know if you need help." He left.

Nat: "So we start with the sercuity footage? Kids, I mean, eh whatever your always the kids to me. I don't think we need any help with the planning stage. I'll get you if needed."

Jay: He was upset at everyone for treating his dad with disrespect.

Evelyn: It was all very uncomfortable. She wasn't pleased at Eli's tone, but it did have points.

Clint: "I'm going to practice. Nat, let me know if you need help." He left.

Nat: "So we start with the sercuity footage? Kids, I mean, eh whatever your always the kids to me. I don't think we need any help with the planning stage. I'll get you if needed."
Conrad: "He came in on a helicopter. You can watch it, but I'm not sure how much it'll help."

Eli: "I know you've already got something, Raven. What's going on in that head of yours?"

Raven: "The others think Asgard is where he'll be. It would certainly be hard to get to, but he's not there. We've forgotten, Loki died honorably, on Svartalheim. Luke won't want to jeopardize that already shaky perception of the Asgardians by doing crime there, he loved his father. Besides, he made sure that I knew it was personal, between me and him. He'll be waiting form me at a place which is significant for both of us, possibly Hope too, but maybe he'll leave her out of this. He usually does, when it's something between us. Plus, he just evened the game, he won't lead me to Asgard."

Eli: "Even? I figured he always had the upper hand - godly strength, intelligence, weaponry, magic..."

Raven: She shook her head. "No. As far as resources goes, we've both got an impressive amount. I was always as good a fighter as him, maybe better. Not that Luke or his father ever preferred a fight. Reducing me means I can't hope to fight him physically and win. He'd kill me if I tried. He knows how weak I am. He's forced this to become a battle of the mind. I have to win Hope without my greatest ally, my strength. But he has also lost his greatest ally, his mobility. Wherever he is, he's forced to stay there. Moving means too many ways for him to be caught or Hope to get free. He's stuck waiting. He's always been one to wait for an attack, but he also has no escape. I've got several talents, but my strength was what I relied on, fighting being the only thing I've trusted. The playing field has been leveled."

Conrad: "He came in on a helicopter. You can watch it, but I'm not sure how much it'll help."

Eli: "I know you've already got something, Raven. What's going on in that head of yours?"

Raven: "The others think Asgard is where he'll be. It would certainly be hard to get to, but he's not there. We've forgotten, Loki died honorably, on Svartalheim. Luke won't want to jeopardize that already shaky perception of the Asgardians by doing crime there, he loved his father. Besides, he made sure that I knew it was personal, between me and him. He'll be waiting form me at a place which is significant for both of us, possibly Hope too, but maybe he'll leave her out of this. He usually does, when it's something between us. Plus, he just evened the game, he won't lead me to Asgard."

Eli: "Even? I figured he always had the upper hand - godly strength, intelligence, weaponry, magic..."

Raven: She shook her head. "No. As far as resources goes, we've both got an impressive amount. I was always as good a fighter as him, maybe better. Not that Luke or his father ever preferred a fight. Reducing me means I can't hope to fight him physically and win. He'd kill me if I tried. He knows how weak I am. He's forced this to become a battle of the mind. I have to win Hope without my greatest ally, my strength. But he has also lost his greatest ally, his mobility. Wherever he is, he's forced to stay there. Moving means too many ways for him to be caught or Hope to get free. He's stuck waiting. He's always been one to wait for an attack, but he also has no escape. I've got several talents, but my strength was what I relied on, fighting being the only thing I've trusted. The playing field has been leveled."
Nat: "Good point Conrad. Anyone mind giving me the lowdown?"

OOC: Because Raven and Eli are in the other room right?

Last edited:
Nat: "Good point Conrad. Anyone mind giving me the lowdown?"

OOC: Because Raven and Eli are in the other room right?
OOC: Yeah.

Conrad: He shrugged. "We've got to the end of the summer to find her - well, Raven does. Luke made it very clear that it's a personal matter."

OOC: Yeah.

Conrad: He shrugged. "We've got to the end of the summer to find her - well, Raven does. Luke made it very clear that it's a personal matter."
Natasha: "Okay. Well, if Raven wants help I and and sure most of the Avengers would be happy to so. If not, so be it."

OOC: I was thinking and the idea popped into my head that Evelyn would be great and have fun at running her own bridal studio. And she could even have some store exclusive dresses and such she designed.

Natasha: "Okay. Well, if Raven wants help I and and sure most of the Avengers would be happy to so. If not, so be it."

OOC: I was thinking and the idea popped into my head that Evelyn would be great and have fun at running her own bridal studio. And she could even have some store exclusive dresses and such she designed.
Conrad: "I'm going to help her find Hope whether she wants it or not. But actually getting her - well, I worry for Hope's safety if Raven doesn't go alone. Luke's crazy enough to kill Hope out of spite if his game isn't played by the rules. But I seriously doubt she's dead yet. He still needs her, and he won't do it to Raven, not yet. In some, twisted way - Raven won't talk about it, but it's all too obvious - Luke loves her, or at least once did."

OOC: That sounds really cool actually.

Conrad: "I'm going to help her find Hope whether she wants it or not. But actually getting her - well, I worry for Hope's safety if Raven doesn't go alone. Luke's crazy enough to kill Hope out of spite if his game isn't played by the rules. But I seriously doubt she's dead yet. He still needs her, and he won't do it to Raven, not yet. In some, twisted way - Raven won't talk about it, but it's all too obvious - Luke loves her, or at least once did."

Eli: "Right, so significant places. What are they?"

Raven: "Our old school, perhaps. It's fairly obvious, but a good starting place. A couple different cities where we had conflicts. And..."

Eli: "And?"

Raven: She sighed. "A couple towns over from Buffalo, there was this quiet cafe, one of those places that you only know if you're a regular or by pure chance you stumble upon it. It wasn't anything fancy but the food and coffee was really good. Castellan and I would go there after school or on Sunday afternoons. We'd go and sit and talk about stuff and enjoy ourselves."

Eli: "You think there's a good chance he's there then?"

Raven: "I do. But I'm not sure. The other places are still worth checking out."

Natasha: "True, this is too much of a high risk to let her do it alone. I'm not saying she can't but teamwork is always the safe bet. Oh wow. Well, sometimes it's hard not to get whisked away when someone questionable likes you. Because when they love you they make you fell special. You are the one thing they let their good out for. Not saying Raven fell for it, but maybe a tiny part of her did at one point."

OOC: Thanks! Yeah the more I think about it the more I like it.

Natasha: "True, this is too much of a high risk to let her do it alone. I'm not saying she can't but teamwork is always the safe bet. Oh wow. Well, sometimes it's hard not to get whisked away when someone questionable likes you. Because when they love you they make you fell special. You are the one thing they let their good out for. Not saying Raven fell for it, but maybe a tiny part of her did at one point."

OOC: Thanks! Yeah the more I think about it the more I like it.
Conrad: He was going to say more, but paused. "Everything I say here is in confidence, right? Not being told to the other Avengers or Nick Fury or to Raven, right?"

Natasha: "If you wish so, then yes."
Conrad: "I do. It's sensitive information. When I first met Raven, I knew she was suffering from wounds and the death of her dad but eventually I figured that was just what she was like. And Mike's said that she was trouble from the moment that they met. Only Til long after we came here, when I saw a happy Raven, that I realized she was just constantly in a world of hurt. I've studied. Serum, it amplifies the spirit of the user. Good people end up like Mike and Steve, bad people end up like Red Skull. But I think there is another group. People like Raven and Bucky Barnes, people who are just hurt or sad or being soldiers and weapons, people just following orders, I think the serums boost their strength and power, but it also just escalates their problems, maximizes their suffering, gives them even more to worry about. Luke, back when he was fooling us all into thinking he was just another kid,mess Raven's friend. They went to Homecoming together. They had a connection. And then we found out who he was. And he broke her., took her mind, and she tried to jump off the tower that night. It's just really complicated."

Conrad: "I do. It's sensitive information. When I first met Raven, I knew she was suffering from wounds and the death of her dad but eventually I figured that was just what she was like. And Mike's said that she was trouble from the moment that they met. Only Til long after we came here, when I saw a happy Raven, that I realized she was just constantly in a world of hurt. I've studied. Serum, it amplifies the spirit of the user. Good people end up like Mike and Steve, bad people end up like Red Skull. But I think there is another group. People like Raven and Bucky Barnes, people who are just hurt or sad or being soldiers and weapons, people just following orders, I think the serums boost their strength and power, but it also just escalates their problems, maximizes their suffering, gives them even more to worry about. Luke, back when he was fooling us all into thinking he was just another kid,mess Raven's friend. They went to Homecoming together. They had a connection. And then we found out who he was. And he broke her., took her mind, and she tried to jump off the tower that night. It's just really complicated."
Natasha: "It's safe with me, I promise. Makes sense with the sernum. I read a lot into it before... never mind but I did. Poor Raven. I'm grateful she has so many caring people in her life."

Natasha: "It's safe with me, I promise. Makes sense with the sernum. I read a lot into it before... never mind but I did. Poor Raven. I'm grateful she has so many caring people in her life."
Conrad: He shrugged. "We try."

Natasha: "So how should we help? If I like your idea, I'll act on it."

Jay: His mom was pretty cool.
Conrad: "Well ma'am, I'm not really a strategy guy, Evelyn and Mike and Raven have always been better at that than me. I know Asgard was brought up, but Raven doesn't think he's there. Maybe we could think of where he could be? Or see what Raven has hypothesized? Otherwise, I was just planning on being moral support, making sure there was enough medical supplies just in case, and providing a distraction if need be."

Mike: "It would be a good idea to have some sort of containment or take down plan too, that we can put in place after Raven and Hope get free and clear," he suggested. He swallowed, uncomfortable with what he was about to say. "If need be, and we can weaken him enough to get close enough, I can make it quick, put him out of his misery."

Conrad: "Well ma'am, I'm not really a strategy guy, Evelyn and Mike and Raven have always been better at that than me. I know Asgard was brought up, but Raven doesn't think he's there. Maybe we could think of where he could be? Or see what Raven has hypothesized? Otherwise, I was just planning on being moral support, making sure there was enough medical supplies just in case, and providing a distraction if need be."

Mike: "It would be a good idea to have some sort of containment or take down plan too, that we can put in place after Raven and Hope get free and clear," he suggested. He swallowed, uncomfortable with what he was about to say. "If need be, and we can weaken him enough to get close enough, I can make it quick, put him out of his misery."
Natasha: "Hey, moral support is just as important. I appreciate it Conrad. Good idea Mike. Luke is a threat and I have no mercy taking him out of the equation. I'd rather have one dead then tons of innocent lives taken. I hope Raven is willing to work with us. If I keep Clint out, she should I think."

Natasha: "Hey, moral support is just as important. I appreciate it Conrad. Good idea Mike. Luke is a threat and I have no mercy taking him out of the equation. I'd rather have one dead then tons of innocent lives taken. I hope Raven is willing to work with us. If I keep Clint out, she should I think."
Conrad and Mike: The boys nodded in agreement.

Conrad: "Yeah, I can do that."
Natasha: "Thank you." She went downstairs.

Evelyn: She took a breath. "Well, that was more dramatic then imagined.", she said flustered.

Jay: He was still annoyed at Evelyn and stormed off.

Evelyn:"I really have no idea if that was the right thing I did. But I'm glad we are starting a gameplan."

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter