The What's on Your Mind Thread and Our Mixed Opinions of Selena Gomez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. The books are better anyways.

ETA: But the movies are quite good as well.

No, of course not! I would scream at you if you watched all the movies and didn't read the books. The books are by far better. You still should watch the movies they are actually fairly good movies.

Okay good. :p

At least here I can honest. All of my friends have seen all the movies and read the books.

My sisters are one of those people who think reading is boring. I don't know why...

Liverpool FC has over 5 million fans on Facebook now. :')

That's more than the Yankees and Red Sox, js. ;)

Not really comparable since they're not the same sport. But sports teams still. xD

Yankees have 3,466,646
Boston has 2,243,953

Never heard of liverpool fc... ever... in my life... so...

I'm just glad the Yankees have more fans then Boston :p

Okay good. :p

At least here I can honest. All of my friends have seen all the movies and read the books.

Y'all should shame me. I've seen all the movies and I've only read Sorcerer's Stone, Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire, Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows. I read out of order. My mom read me the first one and I began learning how to read chapter books then. I got caught up in the movies and so I read Half-Blood Prince first on my own. Then, I took my first few weeks of summer, the summer it came out, to read Deathly Hallows. Then, I think the summer after, I read Goblet of Fire and Prisoner of Azkaban while on my 12 hour trip to D.C. I have yet to get to Chamber of Secrets and the slow start in Order of Phoenix continues to bug me and I can never trudge through to the good parts.

The awkward moment when this happens:

Christian -----
Clear Window · ReportToday
Report ·
Christian 4:39pmHey!!Report ·
You 4:40pmhey
Christian is offline.

nevermind, he's back online now.

Yankees have 3,466,646
Boston has 2,243,953

Well, probably because most Yankees fans are in New York and most Sox fans are in Massachussets. So, New York is bigger so I'm guessing that's why. Then, it just spans from there.

Y'all should shame me. I've seen all the movies and I've only read Sorcerer's Stone, Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire, Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows. I read out of order. My mom read me the first one and I began learning how to read chapter books then. I got caught up in the movies and so I read Half-Blood Prince first on my own. Then, I took my first few weeks of summer, the summer it came out, to read Deathly Hallows. Then, I think the summer after, I read Goblet of Fire and Prisoner of Azkaban while on my 12 hour trip to D.C. I have yet to get to Chamber of Secrets and the slow start in Order of Phoenix continues to bug me and I can never trudge through to the good parts.

Haha. I read the Twilight books backwards.

I read the last book first.

I don't think anyone knows exactly what "Harry Potter" means to me. I discovered the series in very rough period of my life, back when Prisoner of Azkaban came out in theatres. That film was my escape. No matter how bad it was,I knew that for two whole hours it didn't matter any more. For two whole hours I could immerse myself in a world full of magic and fantastical creatures and my problems would disappear for a little while. That's why I saw it six times in one summer. To this day that film remains my favourite.

The books are the same way. No matter how bad life seems, for at least a little while I can go back to that place where my problems disappear. For a little while, I can pretend that I go to Hogwarts. For a little while, I can escape this world and go to one in which I'd much rather live.

I probably sound crazy talking likes this but that's how I feel and that's what this series means to me. I know some people are like "It's just a book. How can you be so obsessed with it?" but unless they've actually been where I've been with this, they wouldn't understand why I'm so attached to this series and that little boy in a cupboard under the stairs.

the awkward moment when your exboyfriend messages you and uses winky faces and tells you he got a new number. and you're just like "okay..."

Well, probably because most Yankees fans are in New York and most Sox fans are in Massachussets. So, New York is bigger so I'm guessing that's why. Then, it just spans from there.

No, most of New England like the Red Sox. So it equals out. And anybody can like either team, that has nothing to do with it. :confused3

My sisters are one of those people who think reading is boring. I don't know why...

Some girl I have on Facebook's has "dnt read" under the 'books' section on her profile...

Yankees have 3,466,646
Boston has 2,243,953

One of the biggest football teams, haha.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverpool_F.C.
"The club currently rank third in Europe and sixth in the world with the most international titles won."
:')

I don't think anyone knows exactly what "Harry Potter" means to me. I discovered the series in very rough period of my life, back when Prisoner of Azkaban came out in theatres. That film was my escape. No matter how bad it was,I knew that for two whole hours it didn't matter any more. For two whole hours I could immerse myself in a world full of magic and fantastical creatures and my problems would disappear for a little while. That's why I saw it six times in one summer. To this day that film remains my favourite.

The books are the same way. No matter how bad life seems, for at least a little while I can go back to that place where my problems disappear. For a little while, I can pretend that I go to Hogwarts. For a little while, I can escape this world and go to one in which I'd much rather live.

I probably sound crazy talking likes this but that's how I feel and that's what this series means to me. I know some people are like "It's just a book. How can you be so obsessed with it?" but unless they've actually been where I've been with this, they wouldn't understand why I'm so attached to this series and that little boy in a cupboard under the stairs.

I have a personal connection to it as well. I had received the first four books from my Uncle as a present when I was a toddler, before I could barely speak. I guess they knew I was going to be a reading fanatic LOL Sorcerer's Stone was my first chapter book ever. I loved it! The movie even made me love it more. I soon was a huge fan and have seen every movie while in theaters. I have a ton of Harry Potter souvenirs, legos and all that jazz. The story also got me into the reading and writing bug. I also won a contest for a picture I drew when I was 5 that was based off Harry Potter. It was just such a big thing for me and I never really acknowledged how important that book was to my life until now. The reason why J.K. Rowling is one of my heroes standing proudly next to Walt Disney.

Prisoner of Azkaban FTW. My favourite one. :')
I read the books (well, the ones that were out at the time) when I was little (well, had them read to me) and I remember being so excited when the first film came out. :D

Christian So? You gotta bf??Report ·
You 4:51pmuhm, why? that's a pretty random question

go away freak. what's up with you?

I have a personal connection to it as well. I had received the first four books from my Uncle as a present when I was a toddler, before I could barely speak. I guess they knew I was going to be a reading fanatic LOL Sorcerer's Stone was my first chapter book ever. I loved it! The movie even made me love it more. I soon was a huge fan and have seen every movie while in theaters. I have a ton of Harry Potter souvenirs, legos and all that jazz. The story also got me into the reading and writing bug. I also won a contest for a picture I drew when I was 5 that was based off Harry Potter. It was just such a big thing for me and I haven't really acknowledged how important that book was to my life. The reason why J.K. Rowling is one of my heroes standing proudly next to Walt Disney.
:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter