The What's for Dinner Thread - August 2014 (recipe index in OP)

:wave2:

WFDT? I imagine it will include oysters on the half shell, and some other seafood. We have reservations at the Boathouse tonight.

Good morning from Alabama... Well we had a great game yesterday. I am horse this morning from yelling so much. We fly home this evening, and I have to pack and fly out Monday morning for work. I will be back Wednesday evening. Wfdt? BBQ I am sure.

Last edited:
Wow Brandi! I don't know how you do it! I'm worried that we leave again five days after I get back from this trip.

:wave: It's back to work tomorrow for me.

I got a pass for dinner tonight. DS decided he wanted pizza for dinner. So we did a take-out.

Have a great day everyone....wherever you are!

Pizza sounds pretty good! That will have to wait until we get home or even after.

Tonight WFD? Rum. And more Rum. We are heading up to Trader Sam's around 4PM with Jedijill. Sounds like chicken lettuce cups and Potstickers for dinner tonight!

Wow Brandi! I don't know how you do it! I'm worried that we leave again five days after I get back from this trip.
Well I am sitting here doing laundry right now ready to pack, my flight is not for another 8 hours, I have leave 2 hours prior so I have 6 hours, to get ready to go. And it is just me, David is staying here.

Pizza sounds pretty good! That will have to wait until we get home or even after.

Tonight WFD? Rum. And more Rum. We are heading up to Trader Sam's around 4PM with Jedijill. Sounds like chicken lettuce cups and Potstickers for dinner tonight!
Sounds good! Jealous of the great trip you are having.

Well I am sitting here doing laundry right now ready to pack, my flight is not for another 8 hours, I have leave 2 hours prior so I have 6 hours, to get ready to go. And it is just me, David is staying here.

Still to be up doing laundry at 7AM! After a trip, I never plan to get out of bed before 10AM!

Still to be up doing laundry at 7AM! After a trip, I never plan to get out of bed before 10AM!
Oh I have already eaten breakfast, I was up at 5. got David off to work, and started get luggage figured out, and emptied, and now doing laundry.

I used to do this all the time, by I can most definitely tell I am getting older, I do not bounce back like I used too.

It took me 2 days to get over france.

By the way - France, I would say that the Loire Valley would be almost impossible in a scooter. There is an extremely lack of anything that would considered ADA compliant or accessible. The buses had no way to load a wheelchair or scooter, the grounds are stones/ pebble pathways from the parking lot to the chateau's and all the homes we were in did not have elevators, with lots and lots of stairs. one was 14 flights of stairs and some people I was with could not get up the stairs to see the top floors.

Paris on the other hand is very accessible. Metro, trains, light rail all are accessible, my hotel was, and some of the older sites did not have lifts but some had been retrofitted.

Normandy is not capable either, the cemetery Fran could get to and can go around, but not the beaches, I saw an older man in a wheelchair there and his family or caregiver was laying plywood on the ground and beach to get him out there, but nothing was formal. But the towns would be fine to get around, most everything was single story out there. My hotel had first floor rooms, but breakfast was second story and no elevator.

Mont Saint Michel, is steps, steps and more steps, and they do not have any ramps or lifts, I think my band said I did 40+ flights of steps that day, and at one point I had to stop and take a break to catch my breath.

Hope this helps, please let me know if I missed anything you want to know about.

:wave:

Evening everyone.

So I've booked a trip with 5 other Melbourne Dis-sers. We're heading to Shanghai Disneyland and then Hong Kong Disneyland in March next year. My mother will be coming along with me; but not my boys. In total, there are 8 of us that will be in Shanghai at the same time and about 6 at Hong Kong.

I'm so looking forward to this trip.

Thanks for the informatiom on the accessibility. It's about what I suspected. We would definitely rent a car and not rely on public transportation.
We would also not be planning visits to Beaches or cemetaries as those types of places are rarely accessible even in the US. I'm not sure about castles. They would also be akin to the Southern Plantations we toured. She couldnt go up to the second floors of two out of the three that we visited, but she still enjoyed the bottom floors and grounds. We'll have to do some research. We may have to plan on visiting site that we could drive to and park. She can walk, but after a certain amount of time, she tires out, and quickly. We would need to plan rest time as well as up time.

I didn't expect that even Paris would be at all accessible, but that is nice to hear.

We won't be planning this for a while, although Magdalene (Flossbolna) suggested that we employ a travel agent who specializes in travelers with disabilities. I thought that was an excellent idea. But until we get the dang old house cleaned out, we aren't doing nothing.

WFDT? Victoria & Albert's. Fancy pants.

Evening everyone.

So I've booked a trip with 5 other Melbourne Dis-sers. We're heading to Shanghai Disneyland and then Hong Kong Disneyland in March next year. My mother will be coming along with me; but not my boys. In total, there are 8 of us that will be in Shanghai at the same time and about 6 at Hong Kong.

That sounds awesome, can't wait to see the pictures

Thanks for the informatiom on the accessibility. It's about what I suspected. We would definitely rent a car and not rely on public transportation.
We would also not be planning visits to Beaches or cemetaries as those types of places are rarely accessible even in the US. I'm not sure about castles. They would also be akin to the Southern Plantations we toured. She couldnt go up to the second floors of two out of the three that we visited, but she still enjoyed the bottom floors and grounds. We'll have to do some research. We may have to plan on visiting site that we could drive to and park. She can walk, but after a certain amount of time, she tires out, and quickly. We would need to plan rest time as well as up time.

I didn't expect that even Paris would be at all accessible, but that is nice to hear.

We won't be planning this for a while, although Magdalene (Flossbolna) suggested that we employ a travel agent who specializes in travelers with disabilities. I thought that was an excellent idea. But until we get the dang old house cleaned out, we aren't doing nothing.

WFDT? Victoria & Albert's. Fancy pants.
Wooo Hooo, V&A, how fancy! Super Jealous.

I have seen TA's that could most definitely help.

Evening everyone.

This sounds like an awesome trip! I would love to visit Shanghai, but you know what we need to do before we can even consider that and I think DLP will come first.

I can't wait to read the TR!

Happy Wednesday,

We had a whirlwind weekend. So much Fun!! And we won so that is a bonus - Sorry Jesse!! I was swamped on Monday as Pastor Anne is out this week to Academy. Yesterday I had my 4 month Dr. Appointment in Omaha. Doug was on call and I had a date with Stephanie last night so that was a hurried up trip also. But it is done and I don't have to think of it for another 4 months. Last night Stephanie invited me to a wonderful banquet for the American Heart Association.

PIO ~ Your vacation sounds wonderful. You and your Mum will have so much fun and the memories you will make will last a lifetime.

Brandi ~ I absolutely loved the picture of you and David on the plane - still lovers!! It just made me laugh right out loud. I bet that was a game for both of you. I kept track of the outcome.

Alison ~ How was V&A? That is totally on my bucket list. Where are you off to when you get home?

Tonight is our Trunk or Treat. Doug and I are decorating a trunk and then he is manning one of the fire pits to roast dinner. This is always so much fun. We have it in the Church's parking lot and we draw hundreds of children. This way they don't have to worry about traffic or strangers. So much fun!!!

WFDT ~ Roasted hot dogs and smores

Make it a great day!

Alison ~ How was V&A? That is totally on my bucket list. Where are you off to when you get home?

It was fantastic! We loved every course!

Next week we have our annual band convention in Palm Springs. We're home for five days before we take off aagain.

Hi Girlies,

It is to get to 80 today and maybe 85+ tomorrow. I am truly thinking we might put our Christmas lights out this weekend - NO we will NOT light them - just have them up. It never fails, we usually wait till after Thanksgiving when it is sub zero out. We are traveling to Albuquerque for Thanksgiving (in 3 weeks) and this way when we get home we can just plug them in. Afterall it is only 4 weeks from today till Thanksgiving. Good grief!! This year has just flown!! The farmers are loving it. Soybeans are about 80% harvested and the corn is almost 75%. I can remember many years that it was all still in the field till after the first of the year.

Alison ~ I am sure you did enjoy it. I would hate to see you spend that kind of money and not like it. I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it.

WFDT ~ chili dogs, and chips. Something easy and yummy!!

Make it a great day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter