The What's for Dinner Thread - August 2014 (recipe index in OP)

Happy Monday all,

We had a nice quiet, but busy weekend. Saturday saw me helping set up for our Annual Church Auction and Doug was at an all day Cathedral Bell Clinic. I went over and got the boys just before lunch and they spent the afternoon playing on the farm. They had a ball. The weather was perfect and they got plenty dirty. We have an irrigation creek next to our house and it is now dry so they love walking the bottom for treasures. We settled in to watch the game and by the 3rd quarter we turned it off. In all the years we have been fans we have NEVER ever not watched the game till the end. It was just too hard.
Sunday saw us up bright and early to head to church. We had a beautiful service for All Saints. Then we had our Auction lunch followed by the Auction. Oh my goodness, we had so much fun and raised over $8000 +. The excitement in the Church was awesome.
Last Tuesday I did something to my foot. I stepped down and heard and felt a few "pops" and it has hurt since. I am going to the Dr. this afternoon. On one hand I hope there isn't anything wrong and on the other hand it hurts so bad, I hope they find something so it can feel better. It is very tender to walk on and because of that now my hip and back hurt. OH my!! I have never had anything like this happen before.

Brandi ~ I realized my mistake Friday afternoon. Sorry! I did root for Alabama. It was a good game.

Alison ~ I have love your pictures on FB. It looks like your and Fran had a great time. I laughed out loud about the guy pinching you. I think I would have slapped him. Now are you home for awhile?

WFDT ~ Well dinner could be interesting. If I feel okay we are having a roasted corn chowder with beer bread. If I am hurting it will be up to Doug. I'll let you know tomorrow. :)

Make it a great day!!

Ellen, so glad you had such a quiet and productive weekend.

As much fun as we had over the weekend with all our distant friends, it was exhausting! I'm still tired and I got a good night's sleep! And weight gain.... :faint: today I was back up over my last goal weight. I gained more this weekend than at all of F&W!

WFDT? Egg Foo Young with leftover turkey. At least that is a waist friendly meal!

Howdy ladies,

We are getting ready to head out on Friday for the weekend. We fly back Monday morning and go straight to work. Ughhh.

We get a basketball game friday night, and Midnight yell. Saturday is the conference, then we are giving the scholarship, and lunch with the recipient, then tailgating, then football. Then drive to hotel
Sunday we go visiting and shopping, then drive to houston.
Monday we fly home.

I can already tell you that I will be tired.

Dinner tonight is vegan bean stew...

Good Morning everyone.

I am suffering from allergies right now, my eyes are burning everything i close them, and are watering like crazy. It is almost painful.

Last night for dinner we had roasted brussel sprouts, twice baked potatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, and David had a pork chop.

Well ladies, I am the proud owner of a 2016 brand new shiny black boot. And I am NOT a happy girl. I was able to get into the Ortho Dr. on Monday and they took xrays and found 2 stress fractures. How that happened I have no idea, but there they were. So this damn boot and I are going to be buddies -NOT- for the next 4-6 weeks. Today I swear it hurts worse then it did, but everyone is telling me that it is just getting used to it. I do have to admit that walking doesn't hurt anymore. But if I don't kill myself it will be a miracle. This is not fun and I don't like it one bit.

Alison ~ Oh sweetie, the weight will come off quickly. Probably most of it is water weight - drink lots of water and I bet in a few days it will be back to normal. I am so glad you and Fran had so much fun. I loved the pictures!!

Brandi ~ That injury to our QB was scary to say the least. But he seems to be bouncing back. They aren't hurrying it at all and making him go through all the concussion steps. They are saying he probably will not play this weekend. We were doing so good too. Our season is pretty much over!! So sad!! So enjoy your game and weekend. It sounds like SO much fun.

Which brings up the fact that Doug says we are staying home this weekend. I am so bummed, but I know he is right. This was the last game we were going to this season as the next home game is right before Thanksgiving and Jay graduates that Friday before. But I am really disappointed, but I also know there is no way I could do all the steps up to our seat, it's a night game and is to be in the lower 50's and it will be really cold. I am a fair weather girl. LOL So I am making him take me to the Mega Craft show in Kearney. I can't drive with this damn boot - it's my right foot. He said he will, so I am looking forward to that. Plus Marty and Stephanie are staying with Matthew and Katlin as they are hosting the tailgate. The girls were spending the weekend with Jay and Elizabeth. Lilly is SO excited and this way I can be with them also. Win Win!!

Oh by the way, I felt okay, so Doug and I did make the corn chowder and beer bread. It was just what I needed to warm my spirit.

WFDT ~ Stuffed Chicken breasts (cheese, onions, peppers) with roasted ranch potatoes and a salad. Easy peasy!

Make it a great day my dear friends!

Tonight I am having Prime Rib and Green Beans. I'm hoping ii can bury myself in TRs and not come out.

I think tonight is more of the same from last night, but maybe without the twice baked potatoes.

Ellen I hate to see the kids get hurt, it really is tragic.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

Ellen - So sorry about the foot. Is it better?

Brandi - Hope you had a great weekend as well.

Alison - You've been doing great with the weight loss. It's only a little setback and I'm sure you'll get back to it. Keep it up!

I am finally back after a whirlwind weekend.

Yesterday was rough, but I went to bed early and now feel like myself again.

Saturday's football game for Bama was a good, but Texas A&M was another tough loss, by 1 point on a field goal.

We had a great time, and enjoyed giving out the scholarship it is always nice to help a kid.

Brandi, your whirlwind weekend was far more adventurous than mine! I couldn't believe you made it to work after flying home yesterday!

We've been staying home this past week. No particular reason, just exhaustion I think.

Last night I made pork chops with stuffing and gravy and roasted asparagus. Tonight is band night so probably something drive through :crazy2:

Brandi, your whirlwind weekend was far more adventurous than mine! I couldn't believe you made it to work after flying home yesterday!

We've been staying home this past week. No particular reason, just exhaustion I think.

Last night I made pork chops with stuffing and gravy and roasted asparagus. Tonight is band night so probably something drive through :crazy2:
I was so tired last night, I was in bed by 8:30 and asleep by 9 and up this morning at 5

My office is moving today, so I have been packing and throwing stuff out.
Dinner tonight is ..... I have no idea.

WFDT? Burgers.

I have about 2.5 weeks off at Christmas. I cannot wait! I should be able to catch up on most things Dis then.

Happy Thanksgiving for all those that celebrate!

WFDT - Chicken, Dressing, gravy, sweet potato casserole, brussels with balsamic and cranberry relish

Happy Turkey Day everyone. Hope you had great-full dinners.

WFDT? It was finger food at a work Christmas function. Gone are the sit-down dinners with partners. We're in the new age of finger good at a bar, no partners. Still.....it was nice to catch up with a few friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter