The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to be repetitive because I know this has been asked before & I did a search but nothing came up. How much of a hold do they put on your credit card at check in for incidentals? We are staying for 7 nights if that matters. TIA for your help!!

About a month ago, I made a page of notes about Bonnet Creek after going through the original thread about it... in my notes, I have that the hold they put on a credit card for accidentals is in the amount of $250. I put in my notes that I got that info from page 145, but I just looked on page 145 (as well as post 145, page 45, etc, in case I had written the wrong page down) trying to find that post so I could copy the link for you and now I can't find the info! :confused3 Normally, I wouldn't waste your time writing this since I can't find it, but that is a pretty high amount so I just thought I would give you a heads up that perhaps it could be that high. :eek: We will be calling in a week to make our room requests so I will ask then and then update on here what we find out.

I received quotes from several owners mentioned on this thread. 5starresorts was BY FAR the cheapest, which kind of makes me nervous. I would pay 50% now and 50% 45 days in advance. I asked about if there was a cancellation policy, to which they answered that I would receive that information in my rental agreement. Do I get the rental agreement after I've paid? Should this be a red flag?:confused3

We are bringing my MIL for her first real vacation EVER :eek: and her first time to Disney. I want this to be a magical vacation for her, so may be stressing myself out too much. :blush:

About a month ago, I made a page of notes about Bonnet Creek after going through the original thread about it... in my notes, I have that the hold they put on a credit card for accidentals is in the amount of $250. I put in my notes that I got that info from page 145, but I just looked on page 145 (as well as post 145, page 45, etc, in case I had written the wrong page down) trying to find that post so I could copy the link for you and now I can't find the info! :confused3 Normally, I wouldn't waste your time writing this since I can't find it, but that is a pretty high amount so I just thought I would give you a heads up that perhaps it could be that high. :eek: We will be calling in a week to make our room requests so I will ask then and then update on here what we find out.

We stayed in a 2 bdrm in June and had a 200 authorization on our debit card the day we checked in but actually fell off before we checked out.

After reading through both threads, I can't seem to figure out if there are 3 bedroom deluxes in building 1? We are light sleepers and I have been considering requesting a room on a high floor, not facing lakes/pools in building 1 or 4. It would be icing on the cake if we also could snag a fireworks view since we will be back at the room early most nights (with a toddler who goes to bed fairly early), but I know requests are just that- requests. It isn't a huge deal... just trying to decide what to ask for and then hope for the best! :wizard:

So, does anyone know if there are there 3 bedroom deluxe units in buildings 1 and/or 4 that don't face the lake/pools?

We'll be at BC in two months! :banana:
Have there been any changes this year at BC that I should be aware of? We'll be staying in tower 4 on the 11th floor. I can't wait!

I received quotes from several owners mentioned on this thread. 5starresorts was BY FAR the cheapest, which kind of makes me nervous. I would pay 50% now and 50% 45 days in advance. I asked about if there was a cancellation policy, to which they answered that I would receive that information in my rental agreement. Do I get the rental agreement after I've paid? Should this be a red flag?:confused3

We are bringing my MIL for her first real vacation EVER :eek: and her first time to Disney. I want this to be a magical vacation for her, so may be stressing myself out too much. :blush:

I've heard 5star mentioned before, so I would assume they are a reputable company to do business with. i can't speak from experience however, so I don't know what they exact policies are or how they do things.

i do know from an owner's perspective, I have until 15 days before checkin to cancel a reservation or I will lose my points.

If you are concerned about the possibility of something coming up that could force a last minute cancellation, you may want to consider looking into Trip Insurance for your trip.

After reading through both threads, I can't seem to figure out if there are 3 bedroom deluxes in building 1? We are light sleepers and I have been considering requesting a room on a high floor, not facing lakes/pools in building 1 or 4. It would be icing on the cake if we also could snag a fireworks view since we will be back at the room early most nights (with a toddler who goes to bed fairly early), but I know requests are just that- requests. It isn't a huge deal... just trying to decide what to ask for and then hope for the best! :wizard:

So, does anyone know if there are there 3 bedroom deluxe units in buildings 1 and/or 4 that don't face the lake/pools?

I BELIEVE every building should have 3 bedroom units in them, however they are in much short supply than the 2 bedroom units. I don't have an actual floor plan for each tower available, but I think I recall hearing that generally the 3 bedrooms are located at the end of a hallway. Because of this, and the shape of the buildings, it would mean that firework views would be somewhat rare in 3bdrm units w/ most towers being in a slight V shape.

that being said... if you are wanting a fireworks view and not facing the lake, Tower 4 would be your best bet since EPCOT is on the parking lot side of the building.

We'll be at BC in two months! :banana:
Have there been any changes this year at BC that I should be aware of? We'll be staying in tower 4 on the 11th floor. I can't wait!

Biggest change this year that people have mentioned is that you must sign out pool towels. This policy was appearently started due to the large number of pool towels that were walking away.

It might also be worth noting that the new Wyndham Grand hotel is scheduled to open sometime Next Month, so in 2 months it would be safe to assume that construction on the site should finally be ending and there may be several new on-site food options located in the Hotel.

Sorry to be repetitive because I know this has been asked before & I did a search but nothing came up. How much of a hold do they put on your credit card at check in for incidentals? We are staying for 7 nights if that matters. TIA for your help!!

We were there July 9 to 17, 2011. There was a $100 hold on our credit card which was released 2 days after we checked out.

If you want a fireworks view, I think Tower 1, looking away from the lake would be about the WORST view you could get. That would be looking at the parking lot and the Waldorf Astoria golf course.

I would say Tower 4, or the west wing of Tower 5, requesting high floor and fireworks view would be much better than Tower 1. Call the resort directly a week or so prior to arrival to place your request.

Have a great trip.

I have a question hopefully someone with more experience can answer. We'll be there from November 8-14 (Tuesday -Monday). Just received what I think are my guest confirmations but it was broken down into 2 confirmations, one for Tuesday - Friday and the other Friday - Monday. Are they going to require us to check out and then check back in, possibly into a different room or will we just be able to give both confirmations when we check in and not worry about it? I wasn't told when we booked that it would be two confirmations/reservations and will not be happy if we have to spend all that time checking out and back in, possibly changing rooms and ruining a whole day there. Thanks for your input.

I have a question hopefully someone with more experience can answer. We'll be there from November 8-14 (Tuesday -Monday). Just received what I think are my guest confirmations but it was broken down into 2 confirmations, one for Tuesday - Friday and the other Friday - Monday. Are they going to require us to check out and then check back in, possibly into a different room or will we just be able to give both confirmations when we check in and not worry about it? I wasn't told when we booked that it would be two confirmations/reservations and will not be happy if we have to spend all that time checking out and back in, possibly changing rooms and ruining a whole day there. Thanks for your input.

These are timeshare units where the rooms are blocked in 7 day units wth check-ins on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Four night and three night reservations can be made within these time blocks and your reservation spans 2 different 1 week intervals.

If the reservations are for the same room category, BC will do everything possible so that you do not have to change rooms. It's to their advantage as they do not have to pay the cleaning fee.

If you do have to change rooms they do try to make it as easy as possible.

Does anyone know anything about the cabanas ... where they are/what they are? Saw mention of them on the home page, but didn't know about them when we were there last year.

Also, the lazy river entrance is right outside building 5, correct?

Cabanas are located by Tower 4 and Tower 6, they cost $50 for the day to rent. They come with a dorm fridge, a small TV, two lounge chairs, two chairs and a small table.

The entrance to one of the lazy rivers is at 5. There is also a lazy river at the main bldg. If you want a cabana and access to the lazy river by tower 5 you should request bldg. 4.

Cabanas are located by Tower 4 and Tower 6, they cost $50 for the day to rent. They come with a dorm fridge, a small TV, two lounge chairs, two chairs and a small table.

The entrance to one of the lazy rivers is at 5. There is also a lazy river at the main bldg. If you want a cabana and access to the lazy river by tower 5 you should request bldg. 4.

FYI...

From information i've heard/read on these threads, the cost for the cabana rental does vary sometimes due to expected demand (ie.... it can cost more over the summer or summer holidays than it does during off-peak times).

Also, While the main entrance to the Lazy River is right outside Tower 5, there is a stairway entrance to the river near Tower 4.

These are timeshare units where the rooms are blocked in 7 day units wth check-ins on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Four night and three night reservations can be made within these time blocks and your reservation spans 2 different 1 week intervals.
You can actually book any number of nights from 1-7. However, single-night stays are only available if a particular night is "orphaned" by other reservations on either side of the date you want.

I recently got a one-nighter for a friend on very short notice (just a couple of days from arrival) with no problem, but you can't count on being able to get one-nighters.

I know this question has been asked somewhere before, but I can find an answer.

We've only ever stayed onsite and used the buses. We'll be traveling in August, so afternoon breaks are an absolute must.

If you drive in the morning and leave, do you have to pay to park again in the evening?
Thanks!!

I know this question has been asked somewhere before, but I can find an answer.

We've only ever stayed onsite and used the buses. We'll be traveling in August, so afternoon breaks are an absolute must.

If you drive in the morning and leave, do you have to pay to park again in the evening?
Thanks!!

No. The pass is good all day, at all the parks, in case you park hop.

You can actually book any number of nights from 1-7. However, single-night stays are only available if a particular night is "orphaned" by other reservations on either side of the date you want.

I recently got a one-nighter for a friend on very short notice (just a couple of days from arrival) with no problem, but you can't count on being able to get one-nighters.

I know, but I went for the short answer as to why her 7 night reservation came as 2 different ressies.

Those one-nighters do come in handy. We use them a lot.

So, I called BC directly to make a bldg/room request for my family's arrival next week. I was gently, but firmly, told that I would be able to make my request at check in. I'm wondering if that's a new policy, or the person answering the phone did not want to do their job. I'm looking at Bldg 5 or 6 since I have 4 yr old and 7 yr old boys. Thoughts? Thanks for any advice...(short of calling tomorrow morning and hoping I get a different CSR):confused3

I did some hunting online and found Laura Gohl through her business, Sun or Snow Vacation Rentals. Got a great deal for the exact time period we wanted! Very quick to respond to inquiries, and thorough from beginning to end. Of course, we leave for our vacay next week so I'll have a better scope of things then. Good luck~ sunorsnowvacationrentals.com

So, I called BC directly to make a bldg/room request for my family's arrival next week. I was gently, but firmly, told that I would be able to make my request at check in. I'm wondering if that's a new policy, or the person answering the phone did not want to do their job. I'm looking at Bldg 5 or 6 since I have 4 yr old and 7 yr old boys. Thoughts? Thanks for any advice...(short of calling tomorrow morning and hoping I get a different CSR):confused3
I called a week out for our stay in May and got my requests. I'm a Wyndham owner (not VIP), so that might make a difference, but I suspect your problem was either someone who didn't want to be helpful or they were very busy.

I'd try again tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter