The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a REAL vacuum in our room. It was in the closet across from the kitchen.

We were last at WBC in April 2010 and we had a real vacuum as well. We were in building 5.

Building 5 room 592 now has a vacuum, at least until housekeeping remembers and gets it back.

Thanks for the replies about the vacuum! I guess if all else fails I can ask housekeeping for one and keep it hostage for the remainder of our trip! :laughing:

Following up on this...Bonnet works hard to not move you if they can avoid it. And, as far as I have heard, they are usually successful. Essentially, Bonnet has *never* operated as a week-by-week resort, even though the inventory in the computer reservation system is managed that way. It's pure UDI/points.

That said, VIP owners (gold and above) *are* supposed to be able to reserve specific units at the time of booking. In years past, VIPs have complained (loudly) that Bonnet has not observed the "do not move" flags that identify such bookings. VIP owners are important enough to the sales arm of the company that someone might have leaned on Bonnet's local management to get them to "shape up". Combine that with the fact that the 4BPs are relatively rare, and it is possible that they don't have the flexibility to keep you in the same room.

This is right on the money. The front desk should be able to give you more insight. When I called the resort's direct line to make my location request it was reasonably clear to me that the woman I spoke with had access to room assignments.

This isn't a huge burden---$95 per exchange. It's just about equal to the cost of theme park parking for seven days.

Brian- thanks so much for your insight. My problem has been that I have been calling directly to the resort (4 times now), and each time I get a different answer. But ultimately, I think you're right...they will do the best they can to keep us in one room, but the 4BR Pres units are limited so we may just have to move. :) Thanks again,
Nicole

Anyone staying at the Wyndham Grand Resort-Bonnet Creek anytime soon?

I'm staying there Dec. 1-3 on a promotion from Wyndham, through my timeshare ownership.
It isn't opening until October, so no one is going to stay there too soon LOL

Where is the pizza place located exactly? I stayed there once before, but don't remember there being any info in the room about it.

Where is the pizza place located exactly? I stayed there once before, but don't remember there being any info in the room about it.

It's the pool bar over by Tower 3.

Last time i was there, I believe the info in the room was in the form of a fridge magnet.

So there is no pizza place? You go up to the bar?

Honestly, I've never actually been.

I'm sure you can go up to the bar and order a pizza, or you can also call and order from your room and they will deliver to your room. (The only place that can [currently] deliver to your room. All other offsite places that deliver you have to meet downstairs and outside the building since they don't have access to the buildings)

Sorry to be repetitive because I know this has been asked before & I did a search but nothing came up. How much of a hold do they put on your credit card at check in for incidentals? We are staying for 7 nights if that matters. TIA for your help!!

Sorry to be repetitive because I know this has been asked before & I did a search but nothing came up. How much of a hold do they put on your credit card at check in for incidentals? We are staying for 7 nights if that matters. TIA for your help!!

I think I've heard others say about $100. I've honestly never notice a hold on my debit card, but I'm also an owner staying on my own points, so I don't know if I just haven't noticed the hold or if being an owner instead of a guest results in a different CC hold policy.

I have been stalking this thread since the original first started and have lurked the DIS since fall of 2008, but this is my very first post. DH decided over the weekend that we would be making our next WDW trip in May of 2012.:dance3: I told him "I know the PERFECT place for us!"

We will be looking at a 2bdrm. We will have DD and DS with us, and my MIL.

I am going to contact Ken Price and Farrell for quotes. Anyone have any other suggestions of owners I should contact? Hoping for a 7 day visit, eiher May 12-19 or May 19-26. I can't wait!

I am going to contact Ken Price and Farrell for quotes. Anyone have any other suggestions of owners I should contact? Hoping for a 7 day visit, eiher May 12-19 or May 19-26. I can't wait!

Try Paul from Utopia World Vacations too... just google it.

Does anyone know anything about the cabanas ... where they are/what they are? Saw mention of them on the home page, but didn't know about them when we were there last year.

Also, the lazy river entrance is right outside building 5, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter