The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which buildings does the bus pick up in front of? Last time I was there they only picked up near the front lobby but I read somewhere that has changed. Checking in to WBC in just 11 more days.:dance3:

They added a 2nd stop by Building 6. (It's actually located almost between building 5 and 6 in the parking lot.)

We are hoping to stay at WBC in October for a few nights but have some questions.
- I see some people posting about renting "presidential" accommodations. What is the difference between a 2 bedroom and a 2 bedroom presidential if I'm renting from an owner and not an owner myself?
- If someone in our party is using a scooter, does the bus to Disney parks have accessibility for them?
- I've seen people requesting particular buildings. Is there a big difference in the buildings?

thanks for your help!!!!

For the most part, Presidential units have nicer furnishings, and are a little more upscale. The couch is not a sofa sleeper, but a "real" couch. The second bedroom has a single queen rather than two double (or two queen) beds. Directory here:

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wyndham/memberdirectory11-12/

Okay, I continue to be confused. I have called WBC front desk twice now and they assure me that a 2 bedrrom Presidential unit has a king and 2 double beds, yet this website above (which is a brochure from Wyndham properties) and another random internet source claim that the 2 bedroom presidentials only sleep 4 (a king and a queen). Please, please, someone who has stayed in an actual 2 bedroom presidential at WBC tell me what the bed configuration is. TIA!

Okay, I continue to be confused. I have called WBC front desk twice now and they assure me that a 2 bedrrom Presidential unit has a king and 2 double beds, yet this website above (which is a brochure from Wyndham properties) and another random internet source claim that the 2 bedroom presidentials only sleep 4 (a king and a queen). Please, please, someone who has stayed in an actual 2 bedroom presidential at WBC tell me what the bed configuration is. TIA!

The website the pp posted is the brochure for all Wyndam properties. I think the 2BRs may vary by location typically the K/Q set up however at BC it is the K/2D set up. To help you get a better idea of what the 2BR Presidential looks like here is a youtube tour of the WBC 2 & 4 BR Presidentials. :thumbsup2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63TdFBMj2y0

I think the 2BRs may vary by location typically the K/Q set up
The directory has a unit description page for every resort. They are resort-specific.

However, the directory has been known to have been wrong before. That said, if having two beds in the second bedroom were important to me, I would probably book a 2BR Deluxe rather than a 2BR Presidential, just to be on the safe side. The Deluxe units are fairly nice, unless you have need of granite counters. (I don't.)

It's also possible that they started with the K/Q configuration before someone told them "Hey, dummy--this is a family vacation destination. What are you doing with the single queen bed?" and they changed to K/2D (or K/2Q).

The directory has a unit description page for every resort. They are resort-specific.

However, the directory has been known to have been wrong before. That said, if having two beds in the second bedroom were important to me, I would probably book a 2BR Deluxe rather than a 2BR Presidential, just to be on the safe side. The Deluxe units are fairly nice, unless you have need of granite counters. (I don't.)

It's also possible that they started with the K/Q configuration before someone told them "Hey, dummy--this is a family vacation destination. What are you doing with the single queen bed?" and they changed to K/2D (or K/2Q).

We stayed in a remodeled 2BR deluxe in June and it had granite counters. :)

Thanks all of you for the amazing info. in this thread! I read it first, and am now going back and reading Part 1. Sweet Georgia Brown, that's a long thread!

Anyway, my family and I were planning two connecting rooms at POP, but it's twice the price and a third of the space, and I admit, I love lazy river rides. In addition, we have an odd assortment of people. Two couples, one with a preschooler, and a grandma. So two adjoining rooms at POP was going to be a little awkward, as we were planning on switching grandma between rooms throughout the stay so that neither couple had to have a full room the whole time. Disney has priced us out for villas, but this is perfect!

One of the things I loved most about our last family vacation is the downtime we spent just all sitting and chatting in the main sitting area. BC will give us one, POP really wouldn't.

The kitchen also allows those of us on special diets to maintain healthier eating in the parks! DH and I are doing the locavore thing, and DM is doing Weight Watchers. Plus - yay for good coffee that you don't have to leave your room to get!

I am SO GLAD I found this thread, and thank you to everyone for providing such awesome information. I sent Ken a prelim request yesterday. :banana:

Now back to page 91 of the other thread. :scared1:

We stayed in a remodeled 2BR deluxe in June and it had granite counters.
May wonders never cease!

-brian, who still doesn't care about granite counters on vacation. ;)

We are hoping to stay at WBC in October for a few nights but have some questions.
- If someone in our party is using a scooter, does the bus to Disney parks have accessibility for them?
-

I've read on the older thread that they have an accessible bus that goes to the parks, but you have to call ahead two hours in advance to reserve them. It may be easier to drive to the parks yourself. We drove while we were there and you can be at Epcot & HS in about 5 minutes!

May wonders never cease!

-brian, who still doesn't care about granite counters on vacation. ;)

It seems most of the Wyndham resorts are getting the now mostly expected granite counters as they under go renovations. Resorts that want to be considered top quality have them as a "must have" feature.

i have been reading these posts about WBC and I am sooo excited. We have never stayed off property before and this looks great. We will be going next summer. It seems so far away. I can't wait!:rotfl:

Hey everybody, I am sure this has been discussed on this board but I am looking for some building and room recommendations. My father is an RCI members and we used his weeks for a 2 bedroom this coming October. We are totally excited as Wyndham Bonnet Creek looks awesome!!! It will be me, my husband and our two children, ages 5 and 6. I know room requests are not usually honored but plan on calling ahead anyway once I get some advice.
We will be spending at least 1 day and maybe 2 at the resort swimming and doing other activities. I would love to see the fireworks so we don't have to stay too late at the parks with the kids. I have heard that tower 6 is awesome and have read some complaints on Trip Advisor (though to be fair some of the people seem to not understand what renting a timeshare means - it is not the same as a hotel) about some buildings not being upgraded. Any advice is appreciated!! Thanks ahead of time to all of you Bonnet Creek fans, sorry if this is a repeated question! :)

This will be our second trip to DW. We went 2 years ago for a short visit. We took a timeshare deal and only spent one day at MK, one at Epcot and one day at Coco Beach. We were about 15 minutes from Disney, but since we had our car, we didn't mind.

My older twins have been begging to go back so they can do Harry Potter now. Much to my surprise, my DH said yes to us going next year and we will be staying longer, probably 7 or 8 nights. As much as I would love to stay on-site, I just can't make myself pay that much more. We can spend that money on other fun stuff instead. I have been reading up and BC looks very nice and close. We are planning on going the day after school gets out in June 2012. So that would be arriving June 9th. We have 5 kids. The twins will be 10 1/2 and our triplets will be 8 when we go next year.

How early do I need to book and who is the best to book through. I have seen people post names, but I have no idea where to find these people. I would want a 3 bedroom. Thanks!

wow -- twins and triplets. There are a lot of references to 3 or 4 sellers on these boards. I just booked through Farrell for November (3 kids -- 9 year old and 6 year old twins). He is at Farrellsvacations.com. Not sure how far out you can book. He has been very good to work with. You can also find sellers through ebay.

Visit #3 here....

We arrived during peak season on a Monday for a 4 night stay. Requested Fireworks view as high up as possible. They put me in building 1, lake view, 2nd floor. Umm, not at all what I requested and not near a pool. Since the other 2 trips I got exactly what I wanted and not being here for a full week during the summer I figured well, why not try something different. Oh it was Me, My Daughter 4, My Cousin and her son 12 and daughter 5.

We get to the hallway, its very hot and darker than I remember building 5. They told me the room had been renovated so I was curious to to see it. In the hall, outside our door are 2 big bags of laundry, 2 bags of trash and a pack n play - funny smell, which I thought was the garbage or bags. Down the hall there was a fan in one of the doors of another room. My keys didn't work, so I called....BTW, phone reception for me not so great and took a minute for them to answer as it was around 4pm. I told them our keys did not work and they gave me the option of waiting in the building and someone woudl send a bell person over - estimated wait 20 minutes OR I could come to desk. I also said, there are several bags of trash and laundry outside our door, they said it would be picked up. I decided to go to the desk - my cousin and the kids waited outside the door. They took care of it and when I got back, my cousin tells me, umm there was a fire in this building last night.

So while we open the door to the unit and go in - BTW the updating of the rooms looked very nice.....she tells me she talked to the ServPro guy who was trying to dry the rooms out across the hall. Turns out there was a small fire in the housekeeping closet around 4am and the sprinkers had wet the rooms across from us. There was the funky smell....dampness. The AC was not working in the hallway at all. My cuz and I decide we were not comfortable staying there.....I am sure the Fire Dept made it safe, but it was SO hot in the halls and damp and the thought of a fire would not help us get our vacation sleep, so we decided to call and ask if they could switch us. Oh, the cell reception for ATT and TMobile in that room was HORRIBLE. I called and they told us to come to the front desk to get new room keys...we rollled out luggage to the main level and I went to the desk while my friend and the kids waited. They moved us to building 2 6th floor....which I asked, um, no fireworks view? and was told no.

Since then we are all happy - very nice room, and while i miss the access to a pool right outside the building, this one has been great. its alot quieter over here than by tower 5....and the pools are NOT that long a walk.

What I totally don't understand....is why in the world would they even put us in that fire building if they were still trying to dry out rooms...with fans in the hall and BAGS of wet towels outsider our door. Seriously I can understand a mistake by housekeeping keying in room is ready and its not...happened to us last time...but this building was still being dryed out from sprinkers from a fire! Plus there were 3 bags of towels outside our door, the hallway AC was not on it was so hot. Sure our room was OK, but right across the hall in 3 units down to end there was water damage and they were still trying to dry out. I got quite the workout to going to the desk...with the keys not working AND realizing this was not a unit for us....BUT they did change us as requested. Why in heck would they put us in there...seriously that hallway was NOT guest ready. You think I want to sit in a sales presentation if THIS is where you put your guests. Oh well... and without my husband here, I am not eligible for the presentation yippee..but again really...is husband was here ya think we would want to sit through that?

THAT BEING SAID...our stay has been great since then, once we got settled. Sure I will stay here again...you can't beat the price or location! Great layout, great property and even our unit in #2 which has the "old fabric" but flatscreens - fine by us. Its my cousin's first time here and she said she would def stay here again with all her kids! She likes it as well.

Despite the check in hiccup, they are supper nice here. No problems...love it here! I will be back for sure!

Anyone know if you have a better chance getting your room request depending on day of week checking in? We are checking in on a Tuesday in early November and am hoping to get a fireworks view in building 4 or 5. Figuring it is not a busy time so may have a chance, but worried many people stay Saturday to Saturday so may not have anything available.

Hi, everyone! I am a bit confused because I have seen pictures that some people have posted of "the pool at building 4." Is there a pool at both building 4 and building 5? On the map I don't see one at building 4 but maybe I have an outdated map. Thanks for any info! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter