The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used Keith and Angela? Thru myresortnetwork.com? They have been my best quote for summer 2015 but it would make me feel better to know that someone had had a successful rental with them.

To clarify- bldg 5 is for sure closed??? So upset over this. Bldg 5 rocked! Gonna try for 4 :)

Wondering about this also. What are they doing that caused them to close the whole building? We were just there in April and it was in good repair.

We have booked WBC for two weeks next spring for our first Disneyworld trip since our honeymoon 17 years ago! :) We now have three kids in tow and you should have heard the screaming when we told them - I was worried the neighbors might call the cops. I've been slowly making my way through this thread, but haven't seen anyone ask this question yet. :)

With a baby we are already going to have to take a million extra things and are trying to cut down on packing and time. We are traveling from Oregon, and we have Amazon Prime. Has anyone tried using PrimePantry (or Prime) to send a box of groceries and diapers ahead of time to WBC? Is there any charge for receiving packages? Do you know what address to send it to?

Wondering about this also. What are they doing that caused them to close the whole building? We were just there in April and it was in good repair.
They have been remodeling the older towers, ripping out the laminate counter tops and putting in granite, updating some of the furniture and decor, painting.

Better to update before things get too worn out.

We stayed n 5 last year and it was in great condition. The idea that they are 'fixing it up' when it needed no fixing is AWESOME! I'll take granite countertops!

Anyone know if 4 has been 'fixed'? What bldgs were refurbed last? I'd love to see one of those!

WBC is also painting the outside of building 5. Lots of huge trucks & equipment. We were in #6 Aug 24-27 and several times we had to wait to exit property while big trucks were entering the area.

Does anyone have experience renting a stay at WBC for a weekend? We are planning a quick Friday - Monday weekend trip at the end of Jan. To most of the typical renting companies do weekend rentals?

Does anyone have experience renting a stay at WBC for a weekend? We are planning a quick Friday - Monday weekend trip at the end of Jan. To most of the typical renting companies do weekend rentals?
You can find lots of short rentals on ebay. However, usually not that far out.

You can find lots of short rentals on ebay. However, usually not that far out.

I checked ebay--yep you are right. I got some quotes for my stay (3 nights) and they are between 550-650. Whoa--way too high for me. I think I will book a 2 bedroom hotel room at a Residence Inn as a back up (129/night plus tax) and then rebook at WBC if prices come down and there is availability at the 60 day mark.

The cribs are pack n plays. The high chairs are pretty decent, restaurant style and quality. If you are looking for a crib, full sized, I would recommend renting. We rented from. A Baby's Best Friend and found the quality and service exceptional,

Anyone at WBC right now that would like to take our un-used grocery items? We have water and assorted beverages and are checking out this morning.

Checked in around 6 PM last night. In tower 4. Dh asked nicely for a water view first then a higher floor. We got another 2nd floor parking lot view!:confused3 It's not the end of the world, but it's frustrating when there were lots and lots of people checking in after us last night and many in our building definitely got higher floors. (Chatted with quite a few in the elevators at different times.) Not sure about the water view. Enough grumbling.

General layout is the same as our tower 1 room. It's just slightly smaller, meaning no door from the hall bath to the kids' room, one cabinet (above and below) fewer in the kitchen, much smaller balcony, fewer closets in master, no window in corner of mater bedroom, smaller whirlpool tub, smaller walk-in shower. We were told that this was the last building to get a refurb. Truly can't tell the difference between it and tower 1 -- both very nice. Plenty of spaces to park in garage.

Lots of plastic covering balconies of building 5. Huge bins for building site refuse between it and the parking garage. Glad our view is not over it! I guess we'll find out on Monday if there is any noise from it.

Went to Whole Foods last night. 10 minutes to get there, even with some traffic. (Google Maps says 15.) Picked up some Indian food there. Pretty good. :) Took a different route home to avoid traffic on I-4 and got caught up in the horrendous mess that is DTD right now.

We are 31 days out from our trip, we booked with Vacation Strategy. I paid a deposit and have heard nothing else from them.
What should I expect? Do I need to call them, schedule payment, how does this all work? This is our first time staying there and am getting a bit nervous.
THANKS!

Wondering if you ever got an answer to this question. We also booked through Vacation Strategy, although we're not going until the spring. I just find it odd that there was zero communication after we sent in our deposit a few months ago.

Just got back from a 7 night stay at WBC booked via Vacation Strategies. I'll jump to the chase, that everything went beautifully.

Now some details...

First, let me thank everyone that posted their honest reviews not only of WBC, but of VS as well. About 8 months ago I stumbled across WBC, and requested a price via VS. They were great. But I mentioned my skepticism that I could get such a great place for $100/night (2BR), so they pointed me to this thread. I then read 1000/s of posts, and felt comfortable booking.

Things went very smooth. Paid my deposit when I booked, then the rest 30 days before our arrival date. They even called me 1 week before arrival to see if I had any questions.

Now about WBC...

Arrived on Saturday 9/27 around 1pm and didn't have to wait for check in, but I didn't get my room until around 3pm. I told the clerk that I knew they didn't take requests, but asked for high up, and a view of the lake. Ended up in room 1003 (10th floor, bldg 6) overlooking the pirate pool. It was very nice. I decided I'd brave the sales pitch, and get my parking pass and welcome packet. It was not a big deal. Yes, they were persistent, but they were also polite. I just kept things real light (smiling, etc) and was 100% honest and said I wasn't interested. After I declined the $150 gift cert, the breakfast, and the lunch, she handed me the packet.

The room is great. You know the saying "happy wife, happy life", well my wife was happy. She's frugal, and told me that we'd never stay on-site again (stayed at both WL and Poly) because the prices have gone so high (400+/night for Poly) that there was no "magic" in that. About the "magic", I agree that not being on-site does lessen the overall experience, but for me, that's comparing it to the Poly. I suspect staying at a "bus only" resort would be just about the same as having your own car. (BTW, I used Priceline and got a great deal on the rental). And I need to add something I don't see much on this thread...we spent 2 days at Universal, so the Disney busing wouldn't have helped up. This made WBC even more of a perfect choice. Sure, if $$ was no matter, I'd stay at the Poly every time, but for me, it does matter. Even more so this time, as my parents came alone, and that would have meant a 2nd room if I stayed on site.

Regarding the room itself, the only hic-ups were: 1) the door key reader stopped recognizing our key, and they had to replace it, and 2) there wasn't a blow dryer in either of the bathrooms (we managed without).

The positives included the size, and 2 bedrooms/bathrooms, the pools (all of them), and we even had pizza one night from the on-site place (thanks for the tip to not use the coupon that was slid under our door). We all agreed the prices was "reasonable", considering, and tasted pretty good. An added perk was that since bldg 6 is right next to bldg 5 (which was being renovated) there was alway plenty of parking, so we never had to use the garage, even when coming back late at night. We say no bugs the whole week. And I did notice those dust mite covers on the mattress and most pillows. That was a nice touch. We also went to a water park one day, and used the towels from WBC. Saved us $2/person, not having to rent towels at the park.

Another thing I really liked was eating breakfast in the room. Not only is it more economical, but things just go smoother. When we stayed on-site, we'd have to goto the resort's restaurant (which could take some time) or got the counter service, where's it's sort of a madhouse, then back to the room to regroup, then to the bus stop. At WBC, we just got up, had breakfast, then when to the car...easy peasy.

I forgot to add that the elevators are great. 6 of them, and they are fast. Strangely, I guess because the 10th floor is in the middle, many times when going down, we'd press the button and the elevator would be right on our floor...very nice.

We'd definitely (and will) stay there again.

Wondering if you ever got an answer to this question. We also booked through Vacation Strategy, although we're not going until the spring. I just find it odd that there was zero communication after we sent in our deposit a few months ago.

Did you get an email confirmation of your deposit? We've booked through VS 4 times, our fourth visit is June 2015. They have always been very reliable and easy to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter