The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I just bought here yesterday! A !00 point contract wtih a December UY. SUPER EXCITED about being founding members, less excited about the per night point cost to stay at the VGC.

My wife and I just bought here yesterday! A !00 point contract wtih a December UY. SUPER EXCITED about being founding members, less excited about the per night point cost to stay at the VGC.
Welcome Neighbor! Your in good company as we're all very excited about our new home.

:cool1:
Nice ta meet ya!

:smickey:

March use year with 150 points just added at VGC. Quite pleased as we really didn't think about buying here when we purchased back in 2005. We were happy exploring FL the past few years. Now we'll just have to enjoy the backyard resort just a bit more.

March use year with 150 points just added at VGC. Quite pleased as we really didn't think about buying here when we purchased back in 2005. We were happy exploring FL the past few years. Now we'll just have to enjoy the backyard resort just a bit more.

Welcome Home!:goodvibes

CONGRATS and welcome home! This is so exciting! pixiedust:

Now if they would just build that speed train from Sac to LA!

I know only founding members are buying at VGC right now, but it made me think of something. Perhaps we west coast members, that do not own points at VGC, may not have a such a tough time getting reservations at the 7 month window after all. The majority of members may turn out to be west coasters looking to book, and not the entire membership, as happens at WDW. Especially as the seasons do not exactly match the value to premium seasons on the point charts, of the other resorts.

I know only founding members are buying at VGC right now, but it made me think of something. Perhaps we west coast members, that do not own points at VGC, may not have a such a tough time getting reservations at the 7 month window after all. The majority of members may turn out to be west coasters looking to book, and not the entire membership, as happens at WDW. Especially as the seasons do not exactly match the value to premium seasons on the point charts, of the other resorts.

I think it will be very difficult for even VGC members to get dates they want, and impossible for 7 months.

Welcome to the Club Funatdisney! :wave2: Enjoy those APs.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm sorry I had to log off so early last night. Had to take care of some homework questions for my DDs.

I sure like those APs. We have been getting them for the last 5 years. I never get tired of the Magic. I will be using my stays at GCV to visit some family. My sister lives in Garden Grove and it would be nice to see her more often. I can't wait to invite her and her girls over for dinner in our GCV room. AHHH... Happy Thoughts!

I'm also gathering info on what is going on in OC and surrounding areas to may be go and check out. Things like festivals or community events. I thought it might be fun to check out some local stuff.

Booking an Oct. stay couldn't be on the DPs unless you started in Sept. and used the first 3 days in Oct. I have the same issue--had October 24-31 booked at SSR but now can't do that because the DPs will have expired.

Thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten about the Oct 3 deadline. Now I will have to rethink when to go. I do have those SSR points I could use, but I'm thinking of renting them out.

Yeah--the October 3rd deadline is a bummer--especially since the BLT folks have had (or will have had) a year or more to use their DPs and we only get 8 months--what's up with that!!!!?????

I think it will be very difficult for even VGC members to get dates they want, and impossible for 7 months.

I fear you may be right, nunzia. Especially with the new reservation and waitlist policy. I've been paying attention to the new policies and the effects it has on the xmas 2009 bookings here on this board. It seems that for the specialty units that are small in availability (like some of the grand villas) are harder to book for all the days you want. It may be so with only 48 DVC units at the Grand. Since you can book a number of days at a time (what is it 5 days at a time?), your desired unit size may already be booked for some of your nights. We will just have to wait and see.

Yeah--the October 3rd deadline is a bummer--especially since the BLT folks have had (or will have had) a year or more to use their DPs and we only get 8 months--what's up with that!!!!?????

Good Morning toocherie! I think the deadline has to do with DVC fiscal year deadline. At least that is what I was told by my guide. Anyone want to add some light to this? Lord knows I really don't know much. I'm fairly new to DVC.

Good Morning toocherie! I think the deadline has to do with DVC fiscal year deadline. At least that is what I was told by my guide. Anyone want to add some light to this? Lord knows I really don't know much. I'm fairly new to DVC.

Yep--that's what my guide indicated too--something about the fiscal year deadline. Weird fiscal year deadline, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter