The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially for the studios and one bedrooms.

Yes - there are only 23 of each according to my POS. And that's if no one gets some of them first by booking them as a combined 2 bedroom. But 23 is the maximum. :eek:

Yes - there are only 23 of each according to my POS. And that's if no one gets some of them first by booking them as a combined 2 bedroom. But 23 is the maximum. :eek:

Exactly. ::yes:: That's not very many to hope are available at the 7 month mark.

Do you think anyone will offer grocery delivery to VGC like at WDW? Are there any markets in walking distance?

I am happy for all of you founding members. Just save some points for the rest of us!:thumbsup2

Where is the points chart for the GCV? I would like to plan ahead to see how many add on points I might need.pixiedust:

I am happy for all of you founding members. Just save some points for the rest of us!:thumbsup2

Where is the points chart for the GCV? I would like to plan ahead to see how many add on points I might need.pixiedust:

Sandeekath posted the charts she received from her guide. They were up on the member site for a day when the 2010 charts were pre-released. They have not been posted again. I asked my guide if they would be included in my docs and she said no, they haven't done a print run yet.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2070843

Safeway/Vons and Albertsons deliver to any hotels in the area.

Great! Will be needed when we fly vs drive down...

I know only founding members are buying at VGC right now, but it made me think of something. Perhaps we west coast members, that do not own points at VGC, may not have a such a tough time getting reservations at the 7 month window after all. The majority of members may turn out to be west coasters looking to book, and not the entire membership, as happens at WDW. Especially as the seasons do not exactly match the value to premium seasons on the point charts, of the other resorts.

The only problem I see with this theory is that most West Coasters buying at VGC have likely done so because they Think it will be difficult to book at 7 months. If this is the case most of these members will use their point only at VGC. In florida, many members use their points at other resorts and at HHI and VB, as well as trading into DCL. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out in the end.

Yes - I will only be using my very limited VGC points at VGC with the possible exception of 1 or 2 now and then. Luckily I do know our travel patterns 11 months out (Late April and sometimes Christmas). The possible variable with the 11/7 month issue is that the vast majority of DLR visitors don't plan their visits that far ahead. OTOH those of us fanatics probably go often enough that we figure we'll book something at 11 months and it'll be no biggie and in fact a delight to keep and look forward to that ressie.

I'm pretty sure 7 months will be impossible for studios or 1 bedrooms. I really doubt that you will be able to do anything at 7 months unless there is a cancelation. I mean if I thought there was a likelyhood of booking at 7 months I wouldn't have bought at GCV.

The only problem I see with this theory is that most West Coasters buying at VGC have likely done so because they Think it will be difficult to book at 7 months. If this is the case most of these members will use their point only at VGC. In florida, many members use their points at other resorts and at HHI and VB, as well as trading into DCL. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out in the end.

Well--my plan is to book 11 months out as much as possible--I know that there will be many times when things come up and I will want to book other times--but will most likely have to stay at one of the DL hotels (and pay the $95 fee) because I think it will be unlikely to get last-minute availability (although anything's possible, I guess).

Well, we just bought three 50 point contracts. WooHoo!!!

Though we only plan to head out to Disneyland once every three years, we figured that it's better to have too many there, use a small percentage of them for the 11 month window, and use the rest at WDW at the 7 month window, than it would be to buy somewhere else and hope for a 7 month window at VGC.

That, and the fact that in the long run, VGC is cheaper than buying some of the other resorts resale at a cheaper per point buy-in, since VGC has such a low maintenance fee per point.

:)

Hmmm. We've all noted the low MFs for GCV. Wonder how fast they'll go up after they determine actual costs of operation?

Hmmm. We've all noted the low MFs for GCV. Wonder how fast they'll go up after they determine actual costs of operation?

I don't think historically there has been a huge jump for other resorts, so I don't expect them to bump up more than the normal inflationary amount. They should have a good idea of what 50 extra units will cost in an established resort, vs a resort like SSR or OKW that were brand new properties.

I expect the costs associated with GCV will be relatively low. Disney has owned the property since forever so the prop taxes should be low and you don't have transportation issues and being such a small part of the hotel I'll bet they will stay low.

Well, we just bought three 50 point contracts. WooHoo!!!

Though we only plan to head out to Disneyland once every three years, we figured that it's better to have too many there, use a small percentage of them for the 11 month window, and use the rest at WDW at the 7 month window, than it would be to buy somewhere else and hope for a 7 month window at VGC.

That, and the fact that in the long run, VCG is cheaper than buying some of the other resorts resale at a cheaper per point buy-in, since VCG has such a low maintenance fee per point.

:)

Yay! Congrats!!! I too think that it will be much easier to use VGC at WDW than WDW points at VGC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter