• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The View March 6-10; Taping in AK March 6-8

Darn it! 8 March is our AK day, and I really don't want to change it. I don't care too much about the crowd, but will the stage blocks the tree of life awakening's viewing? It'll be our only chance to see it, unfortunately
Shouldn't. The scenes on the tree should be too high for a stage to block it

hello, we will be at WDW the week The View is taping at AK. Any thoughts on what our touring plan should be for AK that week? We plan to go in for 1 day. I have never gone to any park while they taped a show, so I have no idea what to expect, and just want to be prepared for Crowds, issues getting around and so on.

Thanks!

hello, we will be at WDW the week The View is taping at AK. Any thoughts on what our touring plan should be for AK that week? We plan to go in for 1 day. I have never gone to any park while they taped a show, so I have no idea what to expect, and just want to be prepared for Crowds, issues getting around and so on.

Thanks!
Merged you to The View thread; taping will be March 6 - 8.

Just found out the The View will be filming at WDW when we're scheduled to be there. I never watch the show and have no idea if it has a huge following. But is it likely to increase crowds at the parks? I wish they'd be there a different week!

Last edited:
My guess is it won't increase crowds that much except for in the area they are filming which will be near the tree of life. The rest of the park should be fine.

If they open ROL at the same time, it'll increase at night :)

@rteetz have you heard anything about if they are going to introduce it at the same time?

As of today, I would be surprised if that happened. Of course, that could change tomorrow.
From what I have heard there were three dates they were aiming for. One in January, 2/12, and one in March. The one in January is out the window. 2/12 is their date they are hopeful for apparently. March is they really want it done by then. The goal is to get it open in time for spring break crowds.

Just found out the The View will be filming at WDW when we're scheduled to be there. I never watch the show and have no idea if it has a huge following. But is it likely to increase crowds at the parks? I wish they'd be there a different week!

(I really don't know if this is the right forum to be asking this question, sorry if it's in the wrong spot!)

The View will only be taping March 6-8.
http://www.disboards.com/threads/the-view-march-6-10-taping-in-ak-march-6-8.3570349/

Merged you to The View thread.

Deja vu all over again. "As of today, I would be surprised if that happened. Of course, that could change tomorrow."
That's really been the problem with RoL. One day it looks like they could open tomorrow. The next day it doesn't look like they'll open for a month. My info is from a couple weeks ago so I'd be interested to know what's changed since then.

I can't believe that our AK day aligns with the taping :( I already have ADRs and FPs booked, otherwise I would switch to another day.

It would be cool if ROL was open by then, though!!

Glad to be missing this by a couple of weeks! Originally I just heard 'March' and thought NO!

It would be cool if RofL was open by then, but it would screw up our non-park ADR. Lol We'd have to adjust our plans, which I'm sure would be worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter