The unofficial waiting to make Be Our Guest ADRs thread-8/20 7am

Does any know what Disney does when they open up a new place?
Do they only take ADR's from Disney Resort Guests?

Doubtful. I understand when they opened Via Napoli they didn't take any ADR's until the restaurant as already in soft openings. Which makes sense so they can work around any last minute delays. And we all know they can fill that place in moments, so no need for too much advance notice.

Doubtful. I understand when they opened Via Napoli they didn't take any ADR's until the restaurant as already in soft openings. Which makes sense so they can work around any last minute delays. And we all know they can fill that place in moments, so no need for too much advance notice.

What is a soft opening (for Disney)
Do they let guests walk up and go with out ADR's or is it only special invites

I have read (I know its only rumor) but they have a soft open date of Aug 16. We go Sept 12... I can only hope!!

What is a soft opening (for Disney)
Do they let guests walk up and go with out ADR's or is it only special invites

I have read (I know its only rumor) but they have a soft open date of Aug 16. We go Sept 12... I can only hope!!

Not certain on that. But if they didn't start taking ADR's until they were in soft opening, I'd say it was a mix of walk-ups, same day ADR's and advance ADR's. Point being..... I don't expect to make ADR's in advance of it actually opening.

I'm in! We are going December 15-21 and desperately want reservations at Be Our Guest! Our ADR's open on June 18th and we are holding our breath!!!

We're there almost the exact same dates! We are 12/15-22. Where are you staying? We'll be at POFQ.

Subbing.....I am not booked yet, still undecided between November or December but I know I want to eat at Be My Guest.

Joining in the wait! :hourglass Wishing on a star nightly that we will be able to eat here during our trip 10/23-11/12 this year. Tomorrow when my ADR window opens, I am planning on leaving plenty of openings scattered throughout our schedule so I can hopefully get an ADR (or two!) when it finally opens up. BATB is my absolute favorite :cloud9:, so I will be hugely disappointed if we miss this by a few weeks or we can't get in. Here's hoping!!! :thumbsup2

Joining the wait! Hubby and I will be there 12/12-12/18, so I'm hoping that it will be open by then. My ADRs are June 5, but, like mom2rtk pointed out, I seriously doubt that they'll be taking ADRs for BOG at that point, so I'll just have to leave that spot open. But, if all else fails, I'll eat there at lunch, just so I can experience it. :santa:

Wish CMs wouldn't be so vague! It would helpful if they wouldn't give out such radically different information, but I'm guessing that's to keep the whole mystery about it. I have a friend whose a manager at one of the Disney hotels - I think I'll give him a ring and see what he knows...and then, of course, I will report back here immediately!

Joining the wait! Hubby and I will be there 12/12-12/18, so I'm hoping that it will be open by then. My ADRs are June 5, but, like mom2rtk pointed out, I seriously doubt that they'll be taking ADRs for BOG at that point, so I'll just have to leave that spot open. But, if all else fails, I'll eat there at lunch, just so I can experience it. :santa:

Wish CMs wouldn't be so vague! It would helpful if they wouldn't give out such radically different information, but I'm guessing that's to keep the whole mystery about it. I have a friend whose a manager at one of the Disney hotels - I think I'll give him a ring and see what he knows...and then, of course, I will report back here immediately!

Yes Please repot back ASAP!!!! :)

Ok, I've got my buddy at WDW looking out for Be Our Guest dates. He's one of the managers at Saratoga Springs and he said they aren't given any info about Fantasyland updates, BUT, he said he'd do some research for us. ;)

Interesting to note that there isn't some kind of email system that alerts all CMs about updates in the park. I wonder if that's only for those who actually do phone/internet booking? :confused3

Will keep you all posted...

Ok, I've got my buddy at WDW looking out for Be Our Guest dates. He's one of the managers at Saratoga Springs and he said they aren't given any info about Fantasyland updates, BUT, he said he'd do some research for us. ;)

Interesting to note that there isn't some kind of email system that alerts all CMs about updates in the park. I wonder if that's only for those who actually do phone/internet booking? :confused3

Thank you for asking for us all!!!

Oh Great! Keep us posted.

Joining the wait, looks like we'll be there 12/6 to 12/16. My girls would love to be Belle's guests!!

Talked to a CM today (who is NOT the buddy I mentioned earlier) who said that they have no soft dates on the calendar for 2012 at all. He said it's his understanding that the entire complete Fantasyland expansion is 2013-2014. I mentioned that the WDW website has a current date of Late 2012 for most attractions. He said it's entirely about the weather. If the weather is good, they'll open early. Apparently, the weather has been so good that Little Mermaid rooms at AOA opened 6 months early, so there's hope, I guess.

Based on the pics on DaMouse's blog, I would bet that Be Our Guest would open sooner than 2013, but I just wanted to pass along the info that I was given.

That being said, keeps your ears and eyes peeled, everybody, but don't get too excited. :sad2:

Talked to a CM today (who is NOT the buddy I mentioned earlier) who said that they have no soft dates on the calendar for 2012 at all. He said it's his understanding that the entire complete Fantasyland expansion is 2013-2014. I mentioned that the WDW website has a current date of Late 2012 for most attractions. He said it's entirely about the weather. If the weather is good, they'll open early. Apparently, the weather has been so good that Little Mermaid rooms at AOA opened 6 months early, so there's hope, I guess.

Based on the pics on DaMouse's blog, I would bet that Be Our Guest would open sooner than 2013, but I just wanted to pass along the info that I was given.

That being said, keeps your ears and eyes peeled, everybody, but don't get too excited. :sad2:

I'm not gonna worry about this just yet. I'm betting it will open in 2012. But it serves them greatly not to promise ANYTHING. Under promise..... over deliver. I think Dumbo was supposed to open on 3/12. Somewhere along the line they moved that to a later date and people got all crazy having planned on it for their trips and promised it to their little kiddos. Turns out it opened by 3/12 anyway. And the crowds were thrilled. :goodvibes Funny how that works.

I'm hanging and waiting. And not buying anything non-refundable until later in the game.

And I'm betting they hold off as long as possible on discounts until they see if a) when the FLE opens and b) if that fills some rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter