The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
......with tomorrowland, the people mover is a classic. Since it goes through many of the current attractions. Any concern that it interferes or could be on the chopping block?

......with tomorrowland, the people mover is a classic. Since it goes through many of the current attractions. Any concern that it interferes or could be on the chopping block?
I haven't seen anything on this, nor even heard it mentioned. I will say though I am with @rteetz, I would HATE to see the people mover go away.

Just change the recording as you ride through the area. "And here we have construction walls in the former Stitches Great Escape attraction...wonder what they are doing back there?"

It's there for me. Do you have some sort of security or firewall in place that might be preventing it?
Nope, but must be something new up with my phone & this site BC I can't see the uploaded post for it either. Just shows me a Dis page with ads.

There have been issues with the site today on mobile devices.
It's very weird. Just noticed I also can't see some people's profile pic. I can see some (I see yours & Phicinfan) but I can't see mine or sachilles. Everything looks like broken links that I can't see.

okay is this better?

I didn't realize there was that much room in WS. They do a pretty good job of camouflaging it.

They definitely have space to add a ride and another country pavilion. Switzerland would be interesting. New Zealand/Australia would be awesome, although I don't know if they have an IP to match. A BH6 ride in Japan would be interesting, but I'd prefer to see it in Future World with a pavilion about robots and AI.

latest update: New spirit thread at WDWMagic - has the following further confirmations:
spirit - DHS will get new name, and he is still saying mickey ride isn't locked in stone, but could still be some Marvel addition.
Marni - per all reports - GotG is still going to UoE, we are getting an expansion or two in WS, plus updates to innoventions before 50th.
Latest in - new permits tied to work done by new expansion of CBR says there may be some type of transportation system coming to link DHS, Epcot, CBR and Pop century - one poster confirmed it was a gondola system, but that is not confirmed by any known insiders.

latest update: New spirit thread at WDWMagic - has the following further confirmations:
spirit - DHS will get new name, and he is still saying mickey ride isn't locked in stone, but could still be some Marvel addition.
Marni - per all reports - GotG is still going to UoE, we are getting an expansion or two in WS, plus updates to innoventions before 50th.
Latest in - new permits tied to work done by new expansion of CBR says there may be some type of transportation system coming to link DHS, Epcot, CBR and Pop century - one poster confirmed it was a gondola system, but that is not confirmed by any known insiders.

Baymax would make the most amount of sense....just add some San Fran theme on top of the Asian theme (even though its Chinese and not Japanese)

I certainly hope not, that attraction it a classic. However it would be cool to add more "scenes" to it. To make it feel like a part of a futuristic transit system.

Baymax would make the most amount of sense....just add some San Fran theme on top of the Asian theme (even though its Chinese and not Japanese)
Are there really enough fans of Baymax for this? Don't get me wrong - I think it was a cute move, but...

@rteetz Time to update first page :) ?

Okay lets see if we can bring some order to this.....or not :)

MK - Multiple posters (not known insides to my knowledge..) are stating we are now seeing an update to TL.
Work already beginning on food places. Rumors are:
1) Stitch closed to be replaced by ??? - originally assued WiR, but that seems to be off the table
2) Speedway change - update is one option, reduction and new item in is another, full replacement for some Tron or WiR ride also heard
3) CoP getting new end scene update
Some rumors that Frontier land may be getting some sprucing as well.

EPCOT -
One rumor has the Epcot name going away totally - I find this very hard to believe.
Innovations revamp and update - confirmed by Martin
2 expansions in WS - The Rat in France and potentially a new country added(with or without attraction in it).
Per Martin - GotG is still targeted for UoE
Per Martin - Mission Space gets a spruce up
Per a few sources - The Land will get an update - but this will be later on
Much speculation that eventually Imagination will get a revamp - not confirmed.
Update to main entrance to park - moving out the "tombstones ;) "

DHS -
Confirmed date by Disney of TSL and SWE - being completed by 2019
GMR to new Mickey ride is still happening per Martin - although one other poster heard it was killed.

Resorts -
CBR - will have part of it removed and replaced by a DVC tower that will NOT be under CBR umbrella - Martin and Spirit
CS - will get more updates and be a business type resort, including updating and expansion of convention space
there will be at least two more resorts update - potential DVC adds, and one whole new resort - Martin, Spirit
One rumor has the new resort in the Epcot WS entrance area

Transportation -
Gondola ride to connect Epcot and resorts near EPCOT - to CBR(new DVC) to DHS and to AoA - potentially expanded later to include more
Some transportation from AKL to AK is being rumored, not Gondola or train
In the LONG TERM - busses will be supportive park transportation - not the main source

I think that is most. The whole WDW is being shook to its roots with all the new information released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter