The Princess is going to WDW and doesn't know it yet!

jmtmat

Earning My Ears
Hello to everyone! This is my first PTR and I am beside myself with excitement about our first trip to WDW.

First, please be patient, kind, and understanding if I royalty mess this up!:lmao: I must submit to the master DISers on the boards. I have learned so much that my head might actually explode!

The cast will include myself 36, DH34, and DD5. We have another little Prince (DS6months) that will be staying home with MIL during the trip.

Here is the backstory. DH and I decided in March to take DD5 to the only place she asks to go on a daily basis--WDW. We also decided to make it a secret since she has been told that we would have to wait to take the trip until DS was much older. She was totally bummed by the idea of waiting a second longer, not to mention another year!:scared1: Little does she know, her dream will come true in 40 days! She won't know until she sees Mickey on the side of ME! (I wish I could hire a photog just for that moment!)

So, we will be going August 7-13 and staying at the POLY. I am thrilled about my resort selection after reading the posts on the boards. In the coming installments, I will reveal our plans and ADRs. I am counting on you to tell me if I am making major errors in my planning!;)

Chapter Installments (In Progress):
1. Meet the Cast
2. And the PTR Continues...
3. The other shoe...ker plunk!
4. The Magic of good food.
5. Itinerary--Arrival Day and Day One
6. Itinerary--Day Two and Three
7. Itinerary--Day Four and Five

Here are some photos of the cast!;)

DD5-Erin
ThompsonFamilyPortraits008.jpg

Family-DH Mark, DS Connor, me, DD Erin
ThompsonFamilyPortraits013.jpg

Connor will understudy this part, but still some pics of him!
ThompsonFamilyPortraits012.jpg

connor-2.jpg

Sleepy-1.jpg

YAY!!!!!! I am here & your family is beautiful! I don't know how you are keeping this a secret! There is no way I would be able to!!!!! Can't wait to read more!

Hi! I'm subbing! I followed your PTR over here from Joni's TR! I am the other Joni! :lmao: That is so neat that you are surprising your DD! I'm like Joni (see where this can get confusing? :laughing:) because I could never keep that big of a secret!

I can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

YAY!!!!!! I am here & your family is beautiful! I don't know how you are keeping this a secret! There is no way I would be able to!!!!! Can't wait to read more!

There are so many times that I want to say "Erin, we are going to Disney!" But, I restrain myself and remember that I want to see the look on her face!

Hi! I'm subbing! I followed your PTR over here from Joni's TR! I am the other Joni! :lmao: That is so neat that you are surprising your DD! I'm like Joni (see where this can get confusing? :laughing:) because I could never keep that big of a secret!

I can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I am trying so hard to not talk about it in front of her. It is a good thing that she can't read yet!:rotfl:

Let me begin with the planning stage first. I got the green light from DH in late February or early March. So I got on the website and started pricing the trip. We agreed that since this was our first trip, we would do it up! Which resort should I pick?...The Poly of course. Then I started looking at the dining plan. DH and myself are amateur foodies, so the table services meals were appealing, especially the signature dining. As a result, the DxDP was the obvious choice. Once I got the price, I realized that the stars and planets were beginning to align on this trip. Disney was offering $750 gift card with the trip. :thumbsup2 Holy cow Batman! Let’s book it!

Now when I say that this trip is a secret, I am serious. DH and I even have a code word for the vacation. We call it the “conference”. DH is a professor, so going to a conference is not out of the ordinary. When we get to the day of the flight, Erin will find out that Daddy has a conference to go to and we are going along for some fun. She just doesn’t know how much fun! So with that said, she should catch on when the Magical Express is in front of her.

Now the trip is in August and I booked in March. For those of you with princesses of your own, you will have already done the math. I am within my 180 day window for the prized ADR! :scared1: I am on the phone the next day. Again, the stars align, and I have my choice of ADR for CRT! I can’t believe my luck! I am a firm believer in Signs and this was a huge! We were meant to go on this trip.

And then, the other shoe drops…:rolleyes1

Let me begin with the planning stage first. I got the green light from DH in late February or early March. So I got on the website and started pricing the trip. We agreed that since this was our first trip, we would do it up! Which resort should I pick?...The Poly of course. Then I started looking at the dining plan. DH and myself are amateur foodies, so the table services meals were appealing, especially the signature dining. As a result, the DxDP was the obvious choice. Once I got the price, I realized that the stars and planets were beginning to align on this trip. Disney was offering $750 gift card with the trip. :thumbsup2 Holy cow Batman! Let’s book it!

Now when I say that this trip is a secret, I am serious. DH and I even have a code word for the vacation. We call it the “conference”. DH is a professor, so going to a conference is not out of the ordinary. When we get to the day of the flight, Erin will find out that Daddy has a conference to go to and we are going along for some fun. She just doesn’t know how much fun! So with that said, she should catch on when the Magical Express is in front of her.

Now the trip is in August and I booked in March. For those of you with princesses of your own, you will have already done the math. I am within my 180 day window for the prized ADR! :scared1: I am on the phone the next day. Again, the stars align, and I have my choice of ADR for CRT! I can’t believe my luck! I am a firm believer in Signs and this was a huge! We were meant to go on this trip.

And then, the other shoe drops…:rolleyes1

That's awesome!!!!!! I can't wait to do CRT next year with Shelby! I know the boys won't like it, but I don't care:rotfl:

Waiting for the other shoe to drop now!!!!

Yay! That's awesome that everything is working out so great in your planning so far! I would love to stay at the Poly someday. :goodvibes

Hi, I'm joining! :) You're kids are adorable, that's so cool that you are keeping it a secret! :banana:

Congrats on staying at the Poly and getting your CRT reservation! :woohoo:

You have a beautiful family!! I'm so glad that everything's working out in your favor with the trip. :goodvibes We :love: CRT!!

That's awesome!!!!!! I can't wait to do CRT next year with Shelby! I know the boys won't like it, but I don't care:rotfl:

Waiting for the other shoe to drop now!!!!

Believe it or not, my DS9 and DS3 loved CRT!!! Two years ago, my DS9, then 6, would have nothing to do with princesses....this trip....he had a blast with CRT and Akershus. I was totally shocked. At CRT, they gave the boys swords, so this was a plus for them.;)

Believe it or not, my DS9 and DS3 loved CRT!!! Two years ago, my DS9, then 6, would have nothing to do with princesses....this trip....he had a blast with CRT and Akershus. I was totally shocked. At CRT, they gave the boys swords, so this was a plus for them.;)

Oh that is really cool about the swords! They might like it after all!

It has been a big year for us. Within the last 12 months, we have decided to have another baby, gotten pregnant, DH is offered his dream job, we move across the country, move into a rental house (because the other house hasn’t sold yet:scared1:), then sell a house, have a baby, and plan a trip to Disney.

We agreed to stay in the rental house for one more year and save up more money to buy a house. In the mean time, we had the money to do Disney—so that was the choice we made. :cloud9: 4 days after I book the trip, DH comes home and says that he has found a house that we should look at. I am about the throw up! I can see Disney slipping through my fingers. :sick:
I go and look at the house, and now I am mad! Why you might ask? I love the house! Now, I know that a house is much more important than a trip to Disney. I mean, Disney will always be there, right? But, I am still so conflicted.

I have been wanting Erin to be old enough to enjoy Disney and I have been waiting a long time. Here is my chance to go- staying at a deluxe resort, have great ADRs, and I can see it evaporating into Pixie dust.

Need less to say, we bought the house. The opportunity was too good to pass up. The house is great, and I really am not complaining! So, Disney was a yellow (almost orange) light. :headache:

A month later, the light turned green!:lmao:

Let’s get packing!

It has been a big year for us. Within the last 12 months, we have decided to have another baby, gotten pregnant, DH is offered his dream job, we move across the country, move into a rental house (because the other house hasn’t sold yet:scared1:), then sell a house, have a baby, and plan a trip to Disney.

We agreed to stay in the rental house for one more year and save up more money to buy a house. In the mean time, we had the money to do Disney—so that was the choice we made. :cloud9: 4 days after I book the trip, DH comes home and says that he has found a house that we should look at. I am about the throw up! I can see Disney slipping through my fingers. :sick:
I go and look at the house, and now I am mad! Why you might ask? I love the house! Now, I know that a house is much more important than a trip to Disney. I mean, Disney will always be there, right? But, I am still so conflicted.

I have been wanting Erin to be old enough to enjoy Disney and I have been waiting a long time. Here is my chance to go- staying at a deluxe resort, have great ADRs, and I can see it evaporating into Pixie dust.

Need less to say, we bought the house. The opportunity was too good to pass up. The house is great, and I really am not complaining! So, Disney was a yellow (almost orange) light. :headache:

A month later, the light turned green!:lmao:

Let’s get packing!

Wow!!!! What a busy year!!!! And yay for a green light to Disney after all of that! I would have been in tears also! Can't wait to read more!

I found your PTR this morning and I love a good surprise!!

Congratulations on the house!! It's funny how we know Disney will always be there, but for some reason we sometimes forget that:lmao:We were just there in January and I am in Disney withdrawal...we usually go for 2 to 3 weeks in August but not this year:sad2:

I cannot wait to hear all your plans and the rest of your ADR's ... we took advantage of the gift card in January when we were there....free money, ya gotta love it:lmao:

You have such beautiful children!

I really wanted to surprise DD, but I can't keep my big mouth shut!

You are sweet to say so. I know I am a bit partial!:goodvibes
Believe, me I am having trouble keeping the old trap shut too!

Hi, I'm joining! :) You're kids are adorable, that's so cool that you are keeping it a secret! :banana:
[Congrats on staying at the Poly and getting your CRT reservation! :woohoo:

COLOR="red"]Hello and Welcome. Thanks for the compliment![/COLOR]

Followed this over from your post on my TR! I love it....a surprise!!! That's great!:woohoo:

Hello! I loved your TR! Let's see how I do!

You have a beautiful family!! I'm so glad that everything's working out in your favor with the trip. :goodvibes We :love: CRT!!

Hello, Welcome, and Thanks!

It's so funny when we have to do the "responsible adult thing" and put our Disney trips on hold we turn even more into children. I'm so glad you are still able to go. This surprise sounds so magical!!! :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter